It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are psychics and mediums actually talking with demons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is something that I had been wanting to run by this community for some time. I thought about it often but never collected my thoughts and put them to print. I do want to stress that I am not judging. I am not telling anyone who is into this stuff that they are banished to hell forever. That is not the truth or the case at hand.

What I want to explore, and I do need your help, is the possibility that what all these psychics and palm readers and astrologists are actually doing is communicating with demons. The Bible is clear as a bell in this regard. We are told not to have any dealings with mediums or sorcerers or those that divine spirits. Why? I believe it is because we are dealing with demons during these practices.

Now there is one case in the Bible where King Saul consults with a witch about an upcoming battle. Saul asks for the witch to bring Samuel to him. The witch does as she is told. At this point I believe Saul was communicating with a demon. The demon tells him that not only will he die in the battle but his sons as well. This comes true.

I Samuel 28:11-16 Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel. And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul. And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself. And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do. Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy?

Now demons have been around far longer than you and I. They can watch everything that goes on in a persons life. They can influence us in very subtle ways and they know our darkest secrets. Saul had been led away from what God told him and believed a demon. Ending in his death. This is what Saul was told by the demon.

1 Samuel 28:19-20 19 Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and tomorrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines. 20 Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel; and there was no strength in him; for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.

This is what happened.

1Samuel 31:1-6 1 Now the Philistines fought against Israel: and the men of Israel fled from before the Philistines, and fell down slain in mount Gilbo'a. 2And the Philistines followed hard upon Saul and upon his sons; and the Philistines slew Jonathan, and Abin'adab, and Melchi–shu'a, Saul's sons. 3And the battle went sore against Saul, and the archers hit him; and he was sore wounded of the archers. 4Then said Saul unto his armor-bearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armor-bearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it. 5And when his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. 6So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armor-bearer, and all his men, that same day together.

Was Saul influenced by demonic forces that led him to believe that he would lose and die? Did this influence leave him with a defeated attitude to begin with going into this battle? Are you under the advice of a medium? Have you been influenced? Is it possible that all these people do is communicate with demons that have our spiritual demise as their top priority?

[edit on 1-7-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
In my experience of following certain mediums around spiritualists churches and studying them I am convinced that they use psychological tricks to mislead and openly lie to their clients. What I have found is that those who want to believe in the after life will make the mediums messages make sense while forgetting the parts which didn't make any sense, while those who don't believe will have the failure to contact that persons deceased relatives blamed on their scepticism and the fact that they didn't take the exercise seriously.
I sincerly wish the above was incorrect as the reason I got interested in mediums is because my own grandmother was a pretty famous one who apparently did some amazing things at her meetings. I wish I had just met one who had given me a glimmer of hope that this is real but unfortunately all I found was desception, lies and parlour tricks. I know I'll get attacked now but it's my findings.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Are you really basing this theory on some passages from the Bible? Oh dear

I think most psychics and mediums have been proved to be frauds and charlatans. I just cringe when I hear John Edward mentioned.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by System
Are you really basing this theory on some passages from the Bible? Oh dear

I think most psychics and mediums have been proved to be frauds and charlatans. I just cringe when I hear John Edward mentioned.

I have a tendency to vomit at the mere mention of one Derek Acorah. Look up his clearly false but very funny from a sceptics point of view, "Mary Loves Dick", film on youtube to see what I mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i believe the ones that are legit are.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Oh yes, that's a classec. I remember that one well. Never seen Most Haunted but that's quite a famous clip. Derek Acorah is just another faker. Maybe he really believes he's being possessed. If he wasn't famous he would be in some mental institute on medication.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
What I want to explore, and I do need your help, is the possibility that what all these psychics and palm readers and astrologists are actually doing is communicating with demons.

See this true and scientific book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston". It will answer all your questions.

hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

Here's a little synopsis about the topic:

“Okay, I guess it really won’t hurt anything,” agreed the demonic entity. The spirit’s apparent willingness to divulge this important information surprised Rogers. He had never in the past had one who would reveal anything about this facet of the spiritual world. The entity went on: “Human beings, by their very nature, are extremely gullible. Naturally they cannot communicate with their deceased loved ones and friends. But what an opportunity this gullibility presents for our side! I can tell you all of this because no one’s going to accept it anyway. The doors will still be wide open to all of us in the other world.

“You see, some individuals don’t even realize it, but they have been inhabited by many of us for a great number of years. They eventually die. Well, my friends and associates are then forced to roam around in what you call a disembodied state. Naturally, the first thing any of us searches for is another human vessel who will not resist our efforts to gain entrance.”

Rogers remained silent and just stared at the huge balloon of a girl sitting in front of him. This was truly a revelation. It was the first time he had ever gotten a demon to speak so openly on the subject. The evil spirit rambled on: “What better place to enter another person than at a spiritist meeting, where a medium is ignorantly attempting to communicate with a dead person’s spirit! I say ignorantly because those foolish people actually do sincerely believe that they are in direct communication with the dead. Well! I can tell you this–they are not.”

“Exactly who or what are these people communicating with?” asked Reverend Rogers. He believed that he already knew. The Bible, in his estimation, was crystal-clear on this point. Yet, the entire issue was subject to debate in both religious and secular circles. Theologians of all denominations hotly argued, pro and con. But here was a golden opportunity to find out from an expert–a demonic entity.

“I believe you know the answer to that question,” said the demon. “Let’s not kid each other. It’s no more than one or more of my associates. They’re merely imitating the man or woman who died, You can understand how we would know so many intimate things about the deceased. After all, the particular spirit may have spent years and years living with that person. Or, on the other hand, it’s the easiest thing in this world to counterfeit the person who has died. It doesn’t matter whether the death occurred recently or even many centuries ago. Time as you know it is irrelevant in our world.

“A great many of us have done this, time and time again. After all, if a spiritist medium, psychic, or whatever it is you wish to label the individual, willingly calls upon the spirit of a dead person, and if this individual, and his other assembled group of followers, are naive enough to play games with my world, then what exactly would you expect us to do? Play? No! We never play games.”

“We parody the words, thoughts and mannerisms of the deceased. We can reveal many things that only those close to the deceased could possibly know. Why? Because for one thing, this convinces everyone at the gathering that it’s a miracle. We can then more readily bring the living field into our fold.”

I have authenticated the authenticity of the book twice.
If you'd like to talk about it let me know.
Thanks,
TT

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Well thank you texastig! This is the sort of thing I was looking for. The only thing that troubles me is that we are not supposed to communicate with these entities because doing so gives them that open door. I am going to look at this material further. I believe there is a darker reason for such a confession.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well thank you texastig! This is the sort of thing I was looking for. The only thing that troubles me is that we are not supposed to communicate with these entities because doing so gives them that open door. I am going to look at this material further. I believe there is a darker reason for such a confession.

What do you mean by "we are not supposed to communicate with these entities"?
Thanks,
TT

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I thought that by accepting and listening to what they had to say you were opening a door for them to either influence or infiltrate you. I know many of these psychics are hoaxers, but I feel that there are those who can communicate with demons. They themselves might really think they are communicating with people who have passed on. When in reality it is just a demon.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I thought that by accepting and listening to what they had to say you were opening a door for them to either influence or infiltrate you. I know many of these psychics are hoaxers, but I feel that there are those who can communicate with demons. They themselves might really think they are communicating with people who have passed on. When in reality it is just a demon.

I thought you were talking about not talking to demons when casting them out.
My bad.
Yes, you are correct and your right on the dot!!!
I believe the only setting where we can talk to them is when we cast them out like Jesus did.
I like to think of demons as criminals because they have many aliases.
Thanks,
TT

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

“You see, some individuals don’t even realize it, but they have been inhabited by many of us for a great number of years. They eventually die. Well, my friends and associates are then forced to roam around in what you call a disembodied state. Naturally, the first thing any of us searches for is another human vessel who will not resist our efforts to gain entrance.”

TT

...And I believe an "unGodly' country like China is chock full of these...!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

Originally posted by texastig

TT

...And I believe an "unGodly' country like China is chock full of these...!

All countries are chocked full of them.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yes... sure But in my personal experience....Some more than others....

And, true... that seems subjective....

[edit on 1-7-2009 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...just a personal opinion...so likely worth as much as the cyber-ink its being typed in...but...

Yes there are the hoaxers, the fraudsters, the wanna-bes etc etc. Just like any other walk and way of life.

For those who do - for whatever reason - *engage* with that spiritual world...then yes and no.

I do believe that some are being played...others however aren't...

...the keen trick is discerning which is which...who/what it is that you may be engaging, its purpose and intent.

again just like life...there are players, tricksters, manipulators in all walks and ways of life...so too are there those are honest, who what you see/hear/feel is what you get...

Peace.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by System

Yes I am. The Bible has seen all the conspiracies that you can think of already. It is beneficial to go back that far and see what happened. It has a way of opening a new perspective.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

I don't know. I believe anyone who takes the advice of these people and persues that plan is inevitably doomed. That's what I was wondering. Is there anyone who has taken the advice of a medium/psychic and pursued it? What was the outcome or are you still in the process of following the suggestions?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think that is a horribly sweeping generalization of a theory, if you ask me. First of all, exactly what is meant by the term "demons?"

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I guess that in some ways comes down to peoples definitions and perceptions of what a Psychic or Medium is.

I know this may sound somewhat dismissive...but I'm sorry, I don't see Psychics or Mediums as people with incence burning, sitting in dimly lit rooms, gazing into crystal balls or casting stones/bones or whatever swaying around like some Cobra snake with one too many beers onboard.

I guess also my perspective comes from my culture - and my own personal experience - but in my culture people who 'communicate and relate' to the woo-woo-spooky-other-side are...well...nothing special at all.
Its part of our culture and who we inherently are...as much as eye-colour or hair colour of physiological make up...its certainly nothing that any of us needs be waving about as anything special or unique...thats ego-based stuff, thats image, thats got nothing to do with the essence of it all.

But I do take your point about if people follow the word of *Psychics*...again to me thats about the supposed Psychic checking their sources out. Being sure they know WHO they may be engaging, or WHO is engaging them in regards to passing over any message if thats the role at the time.

Same as any advice you may get in everyday life really - check your source. Does the person actually KNOW what they are talking about.

For instance, I had an issue with my car once...a mechanic told me it was the clutch...another told me it was likely the thrust-bearing...one told me it was definitely the gearbox.

When we took it apart to ascertain what the issue was it was the g.box. 3 different assessments/opinions...all from people who claim to be - and indeed are qualified - mechanics. Only one of them was right.
Just because they all claim to be mechanics and all hold *qualifications* to be a mechanic...and indeed likely all have levels of mechanical knowledge and skills...doesn't mean their word is truth.

I know numerous people within my culture who engage with 'that world'...who see, hear, feel...who pass on messages etc. I know the ones I trust...and believe you me I also know the ones who are just playing the role and trying too hard to be something they really aren't right now. Not to say they won't be in time...but well, its a bit like dressing to look old enough to sneak into a Bar when you're really only 16.

Chances are if you follow the advice/example of the 16 year old in the Bar as opposed to the 36 year old in the Bar you're likely to get stung in the Underage Bust by the Cops...

Have I listened to people I know and trust who have passed on *advice* before? Yes.
Outcome? Well - I'm still alive. One such bit of advice saved me from a nasty car accident.

What was the advice?
Well...I was heading up the line to visit family...about 4 hours away. Spoke with my mum before I left to let her know I was on my way. She told me to drive safe, usual stuff as Mums do...but she also said "Look out for the red Van".
"What? Red Van? Huh?"
"Yes, don't know why, just look out for the red Van"

(if you haven't picked it up yet, my Mum is someone who gets the whole 'message' thing)

...so I head on the road, drive, drive, drive...jamming away to my stereo and enjoying the scenery. I'm heading up a windy hill, came around a corner and on the side of the road I see this red Van parked up.
Straight away I remember my Mums words about looking out for a red Van...and I thought to myself I hadn't really noticed any red Vans so far, this was the first one I'd noticed...so I actually braked really hard - just nailed the picks to slow down in a big hurry...just as this red Van pulled straight out onto the road without even looking - right onto the lane I was travelling.

I didn't rear-end the van...but damn it was close...at that time a truck came around the corner on the other side of the road, sorta half on our side and half on theirs.

If I hadn't braked in time - BEFORE the Van pulled out - I would have been travelling too fast and would have likely went around the van instead of smashing into the rear of it. If I had done that, well, I would have went headfirst into that truck.

...so...theres just one example...

Peace.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by alien]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Deuteronomy is very clear on this subject.

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee." Deuteronomy 18:10-13 KJV

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join