It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash flood/tornado watches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is a monster storm though it isn't a tropical storm, nor a hurricane. It has high winds, high volume of lightening strikes, And as the title says tornadoes( Just the town next to me; Valrico, florida) and flash flooding(here in my area). It's supposed to last all day. I've never seen anything like this storm in all my years!!!!
I don't know why it's been so bad with storms here lately. Mother nature is going Mad!
Here's a radar picture of my area:

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Blame it on climate change.

And on topic, if it is flash flooding. Stay in your home. Dont get out. Move to a upper floor if you have.

That way you will be safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Apparently you were not here for the no name storm years ago. That was biblical. Six years ago a storm came through that would have killed anyone outside with lightning. One hit to ground every three seconds, I'm not kidding. All of us thought that it was the end that night.

It has been very hot lately and thats why we have violent storms. I woke up to it this morning. The thunder is very evil sounding, Like God is angry.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Unfortunately I live in a mobile home, so no second floor, and right by the River. Also, unfortunate I have to go out at noon to pick my kids up from summer school as no busses are provided for them. I don't think the road is passable now, much less in 2 hours. If they would've missed today, they would have not recieved their grade for the summer school as they already missed the alotted time they get to miss. I think this is pretty close to what it'd be like during a tropical storm.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Yeah, no I was in Philadelphia six years ago. I'm not used to this at all. It's crazy!!!!

I woke up to it this morning.

Yeah did that one huge loud one at about 7 something AM wake you? That's what woke me up I thought a tree had caved in my roof that's how loud it sounded like it was right on top of me!!!

[edit on 1-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Keep your fingers crossed. That is the only best hope.

top topics

join