It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan pyramids and Angkor Vat Temples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Are these two connected in some way? Both the civilization owning these monuments seem to be obsessed with very similar knowledge. Astrology and astronomy were both very popular. Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
nope no connection other than they both lived in a tropical environment.

Most if not all culrures have had an interest in tyhe stars, its how you keep time.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You have to realize that in a time when the people didn't have your standard clocks like you do now, the stars and their positions were important.
Even more so if you traveled, especially on the ocean.
The stars would tell you when to harvest, when to plant, how far off winter is, ect.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
But they all built pyramids of similar nature. They had calendars which are highly accurate ( which is understandable due to their deep knowledge and interest in astrology) but is there any proof that they travelled by sea? I didn't find much on that ascpect of these cultures.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AryanWatch

Hi Aryan, hope you are well!
I cant really say that there is any correlation between Angkor Wat and the Mayan pyramids.
Angkor wat was built in the 11th century. The main "Wat'being a temple in veneration of the Hindu god Vishnu.
The inner cysts of this complex probably resemble a Ziggurat more than a pyramid.
I would say that there are obvious similarities in construction, yet this would be all.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
One really limits themself by holding the belief that Columbus actually discovered the Americas. Speculation abounds that some of the ancient civs may have been much better with sea travel than is accepted. Of course with wood boats, theres no way to really know the size and scope - especially when the invaders always destroyed books and culture of the civ.

Now, I think that alot can be said about some sort of "mysterious" connection, why did all these civs, seperated by time and distance, all do the same thing?

Well, I find knowing what day and time it is can be extremely helpful. Thus, with all this spare time on their hands, I am sure mapping the stars and there movement would have been an obsession for some.

The pyramids, although I do subscribe to some different "out there" theories pertaining to certain pyramids, unfortunately, it's easy to see that in those times, they wanted to build high buildings. But what must have become obvious very quickly, was that pyramids was the only way for them to keep getting higher up, and get the highest point on a building. Afterall, reinforced steel wasn't much of an option for skyscraper construction in those times.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, they are connected in some sort of way, like a lot more pyramids and buildings in the world.

Go HERE

The site is a little big. But you will be surprised

greetings Lunica

top topics

join