It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrisburg chapter of NAACP urges martial law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP is calling on Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell to suspend some civil liberties and impose martial law in the city to halt the wave of recent lawlessness.

Chapter President Stanley Lawson also called on Rendell to bring in the state National Guard for at least 30 days and to impose a curfew. In June, there have been at least 12 shootings, many of them in the daytime, including a man killed Wednesday at a busy city intersection during the lunch hour.

"The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a general membership meeting of about 25 people at Capitol Presbyterian Church, 14th and Cumberland streets.

"It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."

"We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.

Martial law is a system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice, normally in times of emergency.

At about the same time Lawson was speaking, Rendell was at another community meeting in Harrisburg where he promised to have state police patrol city streets to increase the presence of law enforcement.

Anybody living in Pennsylvania know anything about this?

I wonder if the gun-grabbers will try to use this as another excuse to further restrict, or even ban the Second Amendment RIGHT.

Anyway you look at it calling for Martial Law might be a bit too much imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Interesting if true, and certainly just about the style of the NAACP.

So now that the street hoodlums are out of control due to a culture glorifying any barbaric behavior from the young and black, it seems the outdated 'movement' hold-overs are whining for the 'man' to come save them, eh?

There is a huge irony here.

At any rate, lets hope it doesn't come to this and order can be restored in a less dramatic manner.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
At any rate, lets hope it doesn't come to this and order can be restored in a less dramatic manner.

I hope so too, but it might be part of the plan with everything that is happening. Unfortunately there will be more Americans that will resort to violence because of the made up economic crisis, and more and more people losing their jobs.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, but it's been posted as soon as those of us that live in the Harrisburg area were notified:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, thank you for the attention to this VERY important issue, and attempted violation of our civil rights by a "civil rights" organization!

Irony in action.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i live in harrisburg now, haven't heard about this yet. But they did hold a town meeting about the recent increase in crime. the city is bringing in more state police officers, and having more police walk the beat apparently. it has to do with a increase in the gang activity. i grew up in Philadelphia, where they have roughly 400 murders each year, so i don't think what's happening in harrisburg warrants martial law

new topics

top topics

join