It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Armored Stealth Scout Vehicle. A Concept

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Oh hell. I need to get cable or something.

You miss all the awesome stuff.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So about the engine, I suggest a sterling engine. Put a thermos type of construction around the combustion chamber, cycle the exhaust through a vortex tube, exhaust the cold over the outside and recycle the hot to aid combustion.

It would be maintenance free and silent. It could burn anything that catches fire. This eliminates the need for a fuel supply line, yeilding deep range within enemy territory.

Quick, dirty, and cheap. I like it

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is an excellent concept. You have really put alot of forward thinking into this and covering most of the bases. Be a good canidate for BAE! But why get used if you can make yourself.

I am glad I am the first one to mention this. I have been thinking it since your OP.

If you are pretty set with this concept being able to haul soldiers, it must have some windows. What will happen if the camera's, eyes, or sensors become disabled? Whether through enemy fire, concusive blasts or malfunctions of other sorts, the crew must maintain a means of operating and fighting in the vehicle manually or without the aid of the cameras.

This vehicle, maybe on a smaller scale, maybe ranger or mule size with a heavy hitting crew serve weapon would make an awesome unmanned scout.

Keep up the good work bro, you def. have a good mind for this kinda stuff!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All I can say is wow VX.... after finally getting a chance to read this and the CCCAS thread I have so much to think about for my idea....

thermoelectric generator Here is your energy recovery system for the exhaust .... you could even use this or a tesla style closed loop ammonia turbine to harvest the cold and hot exhaust from a stirling engine powerplant.

On a secondary note... The stirling engine is nearly ideal for armored vehicle design and much more efficient than a conventional combustion engine especially for pure electrical power generation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join