It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine's front-porch flag display is torched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Former Marine's front-porch flag display is torched

www.dallasnews.com

When Ed Jordan hung two flags from his front porch, one for his country and one for the Marine Corps he once served in, he thought no one would take issue with his gesture to honor the troops during the Fourth of July.

He returned home from an errand Monday morning to find the flags burned, their cinders scattered amid his azaleas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
To me what this represents is an escalation of anti war violence. It seems the property of veterans is now being targeted. The source article goes on to say that another flag was also torched in the same neighborhood. So the question is will the violence continue or grow against veterans and there property? I am old enough to remember the way the U.S. was divided during viet nam, so I do fear the worst.

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i just think it was a bunch of morons who thought it was funny or cool.

there was another flag in the neighborhood burned before his.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Put another one up and if that burn put another one up. keep it up there reguardless cause two things well maybe three will happen, they will stop cause they tired of being a dip SH&T, two you catch them in the action and beat the doo doo out of them or three someone else sees them and they get caught. Either way Keep putting that flag up... If they really had a problem they might say something but people these days are affarid to speak there mind,(even though the people are less educated these days)they rather come at night and do stupid stuff like this. If this was my house i would set it closer to the hous or put a camera on it find out the pesons, then find there house and burn the thing to the ground ... and when that person comes to your house to accuse you, you play dumb cause they'll admit that they burnt the flag and that you burnd his house down to be spitefull, thats when you get a bonus, you knock his or her teeth out for burning the flag.. So now they got no house and missing some teeth.. DONT F*CK WITH THE MILITARY!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I'd suggest to him the same thing I suggested to a fella up here who had his Star of David flag torched by some skinheads.

Put another one up. Next time you hear some commotion grab your rifle and blow some holes into the morons. It doesnt get much more hostile and life-threatening than a group setting fire to your property.

Sadly the Jewish fella opted for a restraining order so he's pretty much just waiting to be beaten and killed.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who posted.
I am glad to hear that all seem to be siding with the man has the right to display a flag and should do so even if some don't like it. I do not know if he put another one up, but I do hope others in his neighborhood will. Hopefully in a stand of defiance for what has happened.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Thanks to everyone who posted.
I am glad to hear that all seem to be siding with the man has the right to display a flag and should do so even if some don't like it. I do not know if he put another one up, but I do hope others in his neighborhood will. Hopefully in a stand of defiance for what has happened.

It is only because of men like this Marine, that we even have the rights and abilities to display our Flag in the FIRST PLACE.

This is the first image that pops into my head in regards to such:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

TheAgent
thanks for the post and the photo, it is even better that you posted a clear image of the original. I do agree with what you are saying, stared your post.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm all for free speach, and what not, but that is pure BS.

Yea, i'd put another one up and be wating for them when they came back.

Total disrespect... For or aginst war, one should NOT be aginst those that served just because they dont like the cause..

Sad world we live in some times..

top topics

join