It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote view Hollow Earth ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JonDeath

You can't be serious? The earth starting out flat?

Think that one through.. how could that possibly happen..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Hollow Earth theory is one of my guilty pleasures, much like Nibiru. I just can't stay away, I enjoy it too much.

Okay. Here, to me, is the primary difficulty with hollow Earth thinking:

It is hypothesized to have plants and life, therefore there is light. Some of the h.E. theories I've read claim that there is an "inner sun". Now, to have an actual sun, you need MASS, and lots of it for the fusion and fission reactions and recombinations. Jupiter -- a gas giant -- is not massive enough.

Yah, I know, it was theorized that it could be "kick-started" into being a sun, however I have to seriously doubt that. It simply lacks the mass. Our own sun, Sol, is really a very very dinky sun in the universal picture. I'm not certain if there are any known stars smaller than our own -- I'll check on that later.

Anyway, this is the crux of the problem. I admit, it's intriguing some of the evidence that points in that direction. I could get onboard as a possibility, if not for the inner sun thing. Just can't fit inside the diameter of the Earth. Can't.

I never bought into the typical inner-sun explanation either. However, I did have my own hypothesis that the "inner sun" that so many have referred to is not exactly a fusion reaction to begin with. What could be acting as an inner sun is something easily explainable via different methods of thinking.

In other words... solar emissions from the sun are shot toward earth.... then the shield that protects the earth from this radiation guides this over the earth to the poles... then that gravitational pull of the earth absorbs the radiation at the northern and southern poles where the shield is at it's weakest points. Many years of solar radiation penetrating these points are what creates the holes to begin with and then once hollowed out, the conjoining of these northern and southern radiations in the center of the earth create the effect of what appears to be an inner sun. Not a fusion reaction but rather something else altogether.

edit on 22-1-2012 by jpeniel because: Added Video

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some years ago (about a dozen) the Hollow Earth people published a photo that they said "proved" their story. It was a photo from a space satellite showing a huge round hole around the North Pole, hundreds of miles wide.

It turned out that this was really a NASA composite of satellite photos of the Northern Hemisphere in mid-winter, when the Arctic is in its prolonged night, and what looked like a hole was actually the part of the Arctic that was in 24-hour nighttime during winter.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't believe in the Hollow Earth theory, but I think it is extremely possible for there to be an extensive sytem of underground tunnels & caves/caverns, possibly extending in parts as far as the earths core.

There could be an abundance of life (some even intelligent) thriving even thousands of k's below the earths crust that has never seen the light of day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join