It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with psychic in my family.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hey ATS'ers. I have an inquiry of sorts and would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of decent information regarding Psychics. For a brief explanation I have a member of my family that refers to herself as being psychic and I would like a better understanding of both sides of the coin. I have been able to find a multitude of information about them generally written towards a pro-psychic stance, but very little on things like ways of testing validity of claims, or recourses that deal with just how to cope with someone that holds claims of having a psychic ability.

I cant say that im fully skeptical of the claims that she is but I would like to have help in learning this area.

Thanks.
RM

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It would help to narrow down her psychic abilities to find out what kind of psychic she is and what her limitations are. Then you could devise a test within her limitations to see if there is any validity. Depending on how skilled she is, you may have to work with her a bit as she might still be adapting to her abilities and need some time to work through any issues she might be having. You don't want to push her too hard if she is new.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Your best bet is to ask her what she means, a psychic doesn't really have any problems telling you exactly why they think they are psychic, and what they are cappable of doing. It should be understood that not all people can demonstrate something of a "psychic" nature at will for others because of self-conciousnes and other possible insecurities.

How to test the validity? Talk to her about it, ask her to tell you what she means.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I don't think you need "experts". Maybe your family is one. What you need to do is record what this person says and then check out the results.
I listen to the radio at night. I hear, sometimes, that someone has just died, famous people. And when I tell my family what I heard, we find out it isn't true. But when I hear these messages I write down what I heard and also the circumstances of the death. And then, within a few weeks or months. these people actually do die and we compare my notes with the news.

So far it appears that I have actually had a psychic experience. No, I can't tell the future upon demand. But when my youngest daughter became pregnant, everyone else said she would have a girl. My wife asked me, well, you always know, is she going to have a boy. I said, I don't know.

But a few days later I had a dream. In it I saw a girl baby sitting in a high chair and she was about a year old. So I told everyone that the baby will be a pretty girl. I described what she looked like and what she was doing in my dream. My wife wrote this down. And then, a few months later my daughter had her baby and it was a girl. And about a year later, while at my house, the baby was doing what I saw. My wife went and retrieved the description she wrote down and what I had dreamed was what happened that day

I well remember everyone poo pooed me when I said the baby would be a girl. And I said, well, maybe it will be a boy, but if it is, it will be an incredibly pretty boy. lol. I have another daughter who said. If Papa says the baby will be a girl. It will be a girl. He knows these things. lol. ''

You just learn to live with these things. And record these things and compare them to what actually occurs. Maybe your family member will become a great prophet! Unlke me. lol. Just a baby intuitive. lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
point her to the james randi foundation.

www.randi.org...

maybe your relative will win a million dollars.

or maybe it'll just prove that they aren't psychic.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by remotemedic

there's plenty of support for psychic phenomena. the soviets used psychics in the Cold War. In fact, a famous man named Wolfe was a known psychic that impressed Stalin to no end. First, he robbed a bank with nothing but a slip of blank paper and his mind. he imprinted into the banker's mind that the blank paper was indeed a valid withdrawal form. He withdrew a very large amount. Next, he made it past every one of Stalin's security guards and up to his lounge in his vacation home just by instilling into the guards' minds that he was the notorious leader of the KGB that nobody would ever DARE stopping. so yes, there was plenty of support for psychic phenomena from soviet forces. also, the CIA was involved in Remote Viewing. They were able to see into very sensitive Soviet facilities through means of psychic abilities.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think where I have to ascertain validity lyes with when to know when this person is giving advice and comments from her psychic side, and not just hiding behind the guise of what the family believes is her ability. I fear that she is using it to manipulate some of the weaker minds in the group and I find it rather troublesome. For now I am keeping my distance from the area of her psychic claims but ill have to confront them eventually.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
...well personally...whenever I hear someone claim to be psychic...actually voice the words "I'm psychic" its pretty much the first seed of doubt to me that they actually are...

Perhaps thats a cultural thing with my people - but those who I'd personally consider *are* tend not to be the says saying they *are*...they just do what they do how they do it...and it requires no voicing or claim...as the action speaks for them...

...just my opinion anyway...

Peace.

top topics

join