It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the government keep aliens classified?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine and he was wondering why would the government hide us from knowing that aliens exist and that we have made contact with them? I wasn't sure how to answer that other than perhaps there will be mass panic? Or they want to keep the secret advanced technology only to themselves?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm convinced that mass panic would more or less be non-existent. Recent polls suggest that most people already believe in UFO's. And most people also believe that the government isn't telling us what it knows.
Even polls from 10 years ago show that the majority of Americans believe UFO's exist.. Even though only a small minority have actually seen them with their own eyes. I happen to be within an extremely rare minority of Americans whom has witnessed multiple UFO sightings (4 in my case, but none since 1998. All of mine were in Northeastern Oklahoma).

There are a couple more plausible reasons why a hypothetical knowledge of alien visitations would be hidden and kept secret by the U.S. Government.

1 - America recieving alien technology in exchange for total and complete secrecy about UFO activities on earth and/or elsewhere in space.
This would explain not only government secrecy but NASA secrecy as well. This would give extraterrestrials free reign to do as they please.. Human abductions, cattle mutilations, etc..

2 - The government and the hypothetical extraterrestrials secretively working in collusion with one another.
This would explain why people have spotted black, unmarked helicopters around cattle mutilation sites.. But it doesn't explain one simple aspect of cattle mutilations. If the government has hundreds/thousands of its own cattle, why would it need to mutilate hundreds/thousands of cattle all over the world? One answer is that the aliens are the ones responsible for mutilating the cattle while the gov/military is responsible for monitoring their activities on site even long after the mutilations take place. This would explain ALOT.
This would also explain the rampant theories about underground bases and people witnessing aliens and humans working together on biological and genetic research. Maybe they know something we don't know and are preparing. Or maybe the aliens have just begun cloning and/or breeding their own humans. This would explain why abductees experience painful and bizarre sexual encounters with aliens during their abduction episodes.

If aliens are really experts in genetics and biology, as many claim, then they could, technically, bioengineer their own ideal human subjects to assist them in their research endeavours. They could even omit any possibility of heart disease, cancer, or Parkinsons disease (just as a couple examples). In general, they could engineer humans without deformities or defects and then engineer them to be the smartest possible human beings anywhere.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
because thats a border thats much too big to defend.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine and he was wondering why would the government hide us from knowing that aliens exist and that we have made contact with them? I wasn't sure how to answer that other than perhaps there will be mass panic? Or they want to keep the secret advanced technology only to themselves?

i haven't quite figured out the reason. one thing that i believe without a doubt is that agreements, deals have been made in exchange for advanced technology.

this goes back to the deeply dark, black op programs, which involve the black trade of the total essense (including soul) of human beings. it has reached the point that even the humans extracting from their victims the same way that some of the aliens do.

anyways.... we've been sold out... now those who have done so.. or continuted the process are backed into a corner. some of them too are being taken over.

it's like... you don't want to bargain with satan.

anyways... russia has a type of gray that is meaner and nastier.

at least you can engage in an emotional dialogue with a reptilian. they're more human anyways and easy to manipulate.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
plus, there is an onslaught of interdimensional "aliens" that have entered our area via some sort of portal (or something) that we opened up.

these entities are a serious threat to humanity.

they need hosts.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by getcruunkk
SMOKE WEED

that just opens you up to being jumped in on. i can't imagine what would happen if i smoked pot. i smoked some salvia several months ago and really tripped. at least it only lasted a few minutes....

it's better if you keep your freewill and consciousness intact during these days and times.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasria
plus, there is an onslaught of interdimensional "aliens" that have entered our area via some sort of portal (or something) that we opened up.

they need hosts.

oh wow I haven't heard about that one. Where did you hear this from? I would like more information about this!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasria

they need hosts.

Let me guess, you read or heard someone speak about this somewhere and you just chose to believe it? Why would you just believe such an outlandish bizzare claim without any real evidence?

It just amazes me that you would make such a statement and state it as a fact. It's pure science fiction and if you really do believe what you say then you've lost touch with reality, I don't mean that in a flaming way, I mean it in a matter of fact way. I know I come across in a blunt manner but it doesn't mean I do not respect you.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
I'm convinced that mass panic would more or less be non-existent. Recent polls suggest that most people already believe in UFO's. And most people also believe that the government isn't telling us what it knows.
Even polls from 10 years ago show that the majority of Americans believe UFO's exist.. Even though only a small minority have actually seen them with their own eyes. I happen to be within an extremely rare minority of Americans whom has witnessed multiple UFO sightings (4 in my case, but none since 1998. All of mine were in Northeastern Oklahoma).

Im sure it can be said that alot of people believe in ghosts as well.. doesnt mean you wouldnt freak out if you were informed 100% that they do exist, or came face to face with one

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I can think of a few reasons:

1. Panic: The public may panic at the news like they did when the classic War of the Worlds was aired. While it is true poll numbers show people would be accepting of aliens, the reality may be quite different.

2. Greed: The information gleaned from an extraterrestrial craft would be very important to the government and its military. They would not want to share any technology to other governments or the craft itself. To state they have such an item would mean other governments wanting to know what was learned.

3. Local politicians and governments: Local bureaucrats would not like to give up their power. People would start referring themselves to as Terrans first, then members of their country/state. Seeing ourselves as citizens of the planet Terra would mean many borders would be dissolved, both real and imaginary.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

What you you do if you would be president of the US? And aliens came to your country? You would make a cover up (actually direct a cover up) So people wont panic and if that happens anarchy and chaos will shake the country.So does that explain why?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Keeping Aliens classified doesn't really have much to do with civilians. It has to do more with world/international security.

The *ONLY* way we will be told about an alien presence is when every country is on equal footing (i.e. a World Government).

Further, if our world governments ARE in contact with aliens for political purpose, who is to say that the aliens want YOU to know about THEM?

The world perception of an individual country having some type of alliance with an alien race?

It would be INSANE.

I'm pretty sure there is an international treaty regarding this already, probably created around the time of the space race.

I would presume it had protocol about not making treaties with alien races and would subject an offending country to the world court and probably immediate dissolution of their government.

Something that big should be handled by a WORLD government.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I think it's because they don't really know all that much more than we do. And for men in power such admissions are not to be made. It's a sign of weakness.

*should be noted I do believe we are currently being "visited" but I don't think they are talking to us*

new topics

top topics

join