It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish Crop Circle Predicts Solar Storm on July 7 2009 - Symbolizes Magnetosphere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I just got this email from an Earthquake scientist, who I correspond with and get emails from.l

I asked him about what would happen if a Strong solar storm happened.

This is one part of his reply to me.

There is a strong statistical relation between strong solar storms in
which the earth encounters the CME and subsequent strong earthquakes.
Such earthquakes normally occur either at the time of the storm or
about four days later when we encounter the CME. One of the strongest
such storms in the past 20 years occurred on October 18, 1989, the
same day as the San Francisco earthquake of M 7.1 which many of us
recall as the World Series Earthquake. This pattern is sufficiently
well developed that some use it to predict earthquakes.
Several years
ago, a group of Indian scientists reported that the Himalayas were
becoming unstable due to the solar storms at the time and that a
strong earthquakes could occur in Pakistan due to this. About a month
later such an earthquake did occur shortly after a major solar storm
and killed tens of thousands.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'll make sure I return to this thread on July 8 to read about the events that have taken place. I fear a Solar Storm is extremely unlikely since the Sun's activity is in its Deepest Minimum for a hundred years.

Oh I forgot. I think the crop art actually is a jellyfish. It makes the most sense to me anyway.

WG3

[edit on 1-7-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ok, since the 7th is a Penumbral Eclipse, I decided to look and see what that means. This diagram shows a lunar eclipse. It also shows the penumbra. So during a penumbral eclipse, the moon will be in one of those areas.

Now I took a SS from the original jellyfish circle pic in the OP and cropped a small bit out of it. Could be the Earth with the penumbral regions on either side? Edit to add: "With the moon in them?"

Probably just forcing a logical connection that may not actually exist, but I just wanted to put it out there for any thoughts.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Xiizhan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I work in telecommunications and if we lost every satellite up there we could still function. ALL of our long rang (i.e. city to city) communications are fiber optic based and will in no way be effected by satellite loss. Our timing comes from GPS satellites but even then our equipment can run up to 30 days with no GPS signals before taking errors. And then, we can also re-time our systems so no GPS signal is needed.....so losing communications is not going to happen as far as the typical phone company is concerned.

Rich

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I hate to be mr. dampen the mood, but I'll be all bold today and predict... nay, guarantee, 100%, that there will be no major magnetic storm associated with this jellyfish crop circle.

It's easy to make such predictions when you fully realize that these circles are man-made, and that some crop circle making artists have about as much chance as predicting a solar storm, as the Detroit Lions winning back to back SBs.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You mean these crop circle artist?

BBC News

DUN DUN DUN!

I mean come on! there are some seriously lame explenations for cropcircles being man made. as stated before to do that kind of work in the dark in one night would be prety damn hard.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Also, there seems to be scientific evidence that came out last week, on how solar storms also affect and cause earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

I have been posting "peer-reviewed scientific research" which shows that changes in the Sun's activity causes earthquakes, and increased magmatic activity on Earth in general. This has been known for quite a while.

Anyway, we will see what will happen. Only 6 more days. i better get all my electronics inside the faraday cages I made.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Strange that there were no notable earthquakes recorded in 1859.

What's the significance of 1859?

Solar storm of 1859
The largest geomagnetic storm recorded.

A list of notable earthquakes throughout history:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

1865 10 08 - Santa Cruz Mountains, California - M 6.5
1865 08 17 - Memphis, Tennessee - M 5.0
1857 12 16 - Naples, Italy - M 6.9 Fatalities 11,000
1857 01 09 - Fort Tejon, California - M 7.9 Fatalities 1

Has this earthquake scientist written a paper or anything about this theory?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of another thread from last year. We were talking about the web bot predictions of "dancing mountains" (earthquakes) and how the Mayan calendar predictions were going to play out....what, if anything, would happen.

I remember one thread was about a theory that the Mayan calendar was warning us that as we come up to 2012, as Earth begins to cross the "galactic plane" (the plane that divides our galaxy in half), our magnetosphere might collapse, and then the earth would be very, very vulnerable to solar storms. Earthquakes were also discussed as a result.

I'll try to find the thread, because it seems that almost everything that was predicted in that thread is now being talked about in this thread. Interesting.

I love the crop circles, and have always wondered what messages they were trying to pass along to us (I don't believe they are man-made)....I've always thought it was possible that they were trying to warn us about something. So, if something happens on 7/7, this will be very interesting.

However, I'm not sure they would hide a calendar in a Jellyfish. I would think they would want to make it more obvious, if they were truly trying to warn the world.

If I were trying to warn the world, I would keep things consistent. For example, if this is a warning about a solar storm, i would put all warnings about solar storms in the form of a jelly fish, so we would know that when we see a jelly fish formation, it would be a warning about a coming solar storm. Then again, what do I know....I'm not an earth scientist!

edit:
go to the search function and type in solar storms, and you'll see that back about 6 months ago, a lot of articles were released in the news about scientists warning about upcoming solar storms that could disrupt our energy grid system.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

What if crop circles are man-made? Circles are obviously very well made and detail various events, dates, Earth changes, etc. There's most likely technology involved since people report seeing "orbs of light", UFOs, but never people.

What if circles are made by a group of scientists/NASA experts, etc. that are trying to send us a message that perhaps otherwise they were not allowed to do since it's classified or something....

I think what circles tell us is more important that who makes them. If they are man-made, it DOES NOT necessarily take away from the importance of the message.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'll keep your thread in mind...but right now i can safely say i dont believe jellyfish crop circles have much to do about anything except grabbing a headline somewhere...never mind a large solar storm.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by T0by

What if circles are made by a group of scientists/NASA experts, etc. that are trying to send us a message that perhaps otherwise they were not allowed to do since it's classified or something....

Wow lpowell you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to post this very thought then found your post. I think some genius(es) have found some way of doing this remotely with lasers or something of the sort to warn us about what is to come without giving up their identities.

Great theory!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
A Question...

If 'they' (interprete that as you will) placed that crop circle there for us as a warning, using symbolic references to the numeral '7' to indicate the date 7/7 as in, July 7th, that would imply they have a decent understanding of our culture.

That would suggest they understand our means of calculating a solar year being divided into 12, the solar days per 1/12 unit, etc. That's a fairly good understanding of how we manage ourselves.

So, why then, with a decent understand of our culture, do 'they' not communicate in a far less ambiguous way? Why would they not make something more easily understandable and not so readily misinterpreted?

I mean, people are looking at what appears to be a jellyfish type image and determining that the number of apendages (7) is a date value. It's only us (people) making that value assignment. Assuming it was a warning, what if 'they' actually meant the length of each apendage as a unit of time, or 7 apendages is 7 'galactic years' from time X, etc. They could have implied anything on there as a means of timing.

I'm not saying the theory is wrong. It just seems like people have determined something from tea leaves...

[edit on 1-7-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
and when this prediction fails to realize on Jul 7th
this thread will, like other prediction threads, fade into obscurity and disappear. [until one douchebag comes up with a theory on why the prediction didnt happen and bumps the thread back to life...]

moving right along..
/thread

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Which would make more sense. Aliens come to Earth and "draw" a cryptic "message" in our food crops to warn mankind of a massive solar event because they are trying to help us... or just tell us. I mean let's face it, if it is so important for these aliens to tell mankind, why make a game out of it? Why have this technology to not only travel massive distance, come to Earth with no detection, be able to predict solar activity so far ahead, to just draw a cryptic image?

It may be a complex crop circle, but with 0 proof it was made by anything other than someone having fun, then it can't be said aliens did it. The other thing of interest is the Sun. The far side of the Sun is, blank. The is not activity happening to say the Sun will burp on the 7th.

On a side note, it was asked if an eclipse would make any difference during a solar incident. No, it would make no difference.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I heard there is going to be a big eclipse.. but not on the 7th of July but the 22nd of July. Does this have anything to do with it? Check this link out:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Amazing people still believe crop circles are man made - there is no way overnight some group could make a complete complex crop circle overnight. Besides there is proof of radiation readings etc within the circles.

I also believe the person spent time on deciphering the crop circle message and it makes sense to me - it does look like the magnetosphere and it has the eclipse symbol within it, besides having the 2 - 7s.

Here is a simulation of the magnetosphere from us being hit hard this last weekend.
You can see some of the collapses when we were being hit in it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

Solar eclipse on the 22nd, along with a super moon! Lunar on the 7th and the moon at the farthest at that time. 2 extremes this month with the moon.

The solar eclipse will be seen in Asia also longest duration of eclipse - some areas 6 minutes.

There is an expectation of quakes and volcanos and other events during the 22nd solar eclipse, because of all the factors being thrown together.

From everything I have been reading, July should be an eventful month for the Earth.

Today is the 1st - so we may need to be ready for the start of a bumpy ride during the month.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Im sorry, but that is the most contradictory statement ever made.

Ask Michael or Elvis, they might know

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ok wow, a lot to digest here..

Now, the link between the circles and solar activity - while looking similar - IS TENUOUS AT BEST.

That being said, the circles seem to have certain parallels with astrological factors. If these are simply patterns that repeat (fractal?) then it's possible we're looking at something else entirely and attributing it to our interests..

Now, also I really hate to disagree with you Phage - but I think you're wrong.

The solar effects on human biological and high level cognitive functions are irrefutable, and have been documented by peer reviewed research..

Results of these studies are irrefutable; the human organism is sensitive to changes in environmental physical activity and reacts to them through a series of variations of its physiological parameters such as systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, heart rate, bioelectrical activity of human brain, etc.

It is well established that both high and very low levels of GMA influence the number of some acute cardiac events (sudden cardiac death, acute myocardial infarction morbidity..

... during severe disturbances of geomagnetic field, the negative emotional background of a person is amplified. We conclude that changes in GMA mostly affect the activity of regulating systems related to high cortical mechanisms of regulation and sub-cortical integrative apparatuses."

Solar and Geomagnetic Activities and Related Effects on the Human physiological and Cardio-Health State: Some results of Azerbaijani and Collaborative Studies - Elchin S. Babayev

Also...

You mention the 1989 event...

On March 13, 1989, at 2:44 am, a transformer failure on one of the main power transmission lines in the HydroQuebec system precipitated a catastrophic collapse of the entire power grid. The string of events that produced the collapse took only 90 seconds from start to finish. There was no time for any meaningful intervention. The transformer failure was a direct consequence of ground induced currents from a space weather disturbance high in the atmosphere. 6 million people lost electrical power for 9 or more hours.

www.windows.ucar.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join