It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Captain america

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The Return of Steve Rogers The New York Daily News and Newsarama have both confirmed that Steve Rogers will be returning. The storyline will begin in issue #600, but the circumstances behind his return to life have not yet been disclosed. Marvel Executive Editor Tom Breevort has confirmed that Captain America will return to life on July 1, 2009, as part of a five-book series entitled Captain America: Reborn.

Seriously?? Captain America is coming back? When the eff did this happen? When he died I marked it as a milestone in comic book history. I was “There’s no way he is coming back, there's no way they are going to degrade him like they did Superman” and gave comic books a new hope and started reading them again. I truly believed Marvel would not go the way as to make a quick buck this way. I guess I was wrong. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Cap and I have almost 200 issues of his series alone, not including the mini series that he was in or the expanded “Ultimate” Universe. But this seems such a low blow and it hurts. i know some might be jumping for joy at his return, but sometimes the hero does have to stay dead to make the message clear.

With great power does come great responsibility and in all conflicts someone does die.

Sad to say I will now totally stop collecting main stream comics and stick to the graphic novels and mini series like I planned.

~G~

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

I have to admit, I've always been a fan of Captain America.

Brudenbacher is a good writer, as far as it goes, however, this is just a bad idea.

You mentioned the Superman story, interesting how you have a few parallels here. Marvel now has Iron patriot, a new Captain America, and the American Son, all sort of taking over the role.

Makes me wonder what will happen afterwords.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
... Duh... Shoulda known Cap was coming back 2 yrs, ago when
Marvel announced the Captain America movie... :shk:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i actually heard mention of another Cap coming back via a parallel universe....just how far will marvel strech to get $$. anyone remember the clone saga...maximum carnage....why do they do this over and over? yes its been 10+ years since Big Blue died and came back but the hardcore fans (lol yes im one) still remember, how many times are you going to kill someone only to have them come back....

~G~

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

Brand New Day almost lost me.

As for him returning via parallel universe, it was a time travel crossover of the Invaders and Avengers.
It was alright at first, then they wrapped it up to quickly. Brought back Toro, the original Torch's side kick.
:shk:

Waiting for Dark Reign to be over, getting tired of all of these big ole' crossovers.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In an issue of Thor a year or two ago it was discussed that Steve Rogers could be brought back through Valhalla. This could be a way to separate Rogers from his former role as Captain America.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by PieKeeper]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
i agree about the crossovers. thats just way too overloaded, i understand having a major event every year but, hoenstly thats what stopped me from collecting the first time, i finished maximum carnage and the xecutioners song and i was like "this is it, im done" i hate picking up books from a series i dont read.

i wonder how far marvel will go though.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
found this surfing the interwebs. sigh...talk about streching it.

Cap Return info

and the first quote from burbank

I only killed him with the intention of bringing him back.

ouch. real nice way to treeat an american icon and hero.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well, I've read the first part of the series...
I lent it to my friend ( a comic rader since back in the sixties and seventies) and we both agree.
It's a crap story.
What with "Brand New Day" and now this...
Jeeze. :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I agree. This story is REALLY lame.

I thought the Red Skull was dead. Can anyone explain this? I don't read Captain America.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

basically the played him like a chump. long story short.

The gun didn't kill Steve, but as Zola explains to Osborn during a meeting, "froze him within space and time," and while Sharon was captured by Red Skull, she was used as part of a device to bring Steve back, or "unstick" him from time.

Captain America Reborn

sigh, so Caps is traveling thru time re-living all his battels having to fight everything over again. horray for the awesome time space continueum dice roll plot fixer.

new topics

top topics

join