It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ok, I wouldn't be a Star Wars nerd if I didn't bring up this game. For all of those that are into any Star Wars game, what you think of this? There still isn't a release date out, but I can't wait to try it out. It's going to be an MMO, which I was hoping for a direct sequel to Knights of the Old Republic I & II as a similar game, but this could be interesting. I guess it's going to be a WoW type game but for star wars. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait till this comes out and hopefully it's good.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am also very excited about it. I have played WoW for years but have never really been much of fantasy fan - I'm a sci fi type of girl - and who didn't love KOTOR?

Another one I am excited about is FallenEarth - My partner is in the beta and it looks awesome ( when he lets me see, he takes the NDA very seriously..lol)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am looking forward to this game as well. I really hope it delivers because lets face it, WoW is all there is as far as MMO's go and even though i've been playing it since release i'm really wanting to find something that can pull me away from it.

The other game I am really hoping will be good is; Star Trek online.

The only bad thing is that MMO's take so many years to complete that I have a feeling that both of these games are at least 2 years away from release

[edit on 1-7-2009 by Anjin]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I am keeping my eye out for a beta. This one really is the only MMO that might bring me back. I was a big fan of SWG and I like pretty much everything that Bioware has done.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Defiantly on my list of MMO's to play

From what Ive been reading about it, its supposed to be a story line centric MMO and I'm always a fan of deep story lines within MMO's/RPG's.

The Bounty Hunting is big on my list too. I mean, who doesnt want to be Boba Fett?

I have big hopes for the crafting part of this game too. I really hope its a major part of the game.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I know, KOTOR, both of them are two of my favorite games overall. I too have never really been into the fantasy thing much either, it's ok, but when I heard they are doing star wars for it, I am pretty excited about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

I would love it if they did a Star Trek MMO, that would be sweet too. But then again, if that came out along with the Star Wars game, I might run the risk of not doing anything else. lol. Ok, i've never been that bad, but just saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

They are. Cryptic is making it.
www.massively.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's cartoony but not like WoW lame. So it won't break your machine in massive pvp but still looks great. Hopefully sony won't buy it out and NGE it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Here's a trailer for this game, it looks really awesome, I can't wait until this comes out. I've been impatiently waiting since KOTOR 2 and this doesn't improve things.

www.swtor.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
It's cartoony but not like WoW lame. So it won't break your machine in massive pvp but still looks great. Hopefully sony won't buy it out and NGE it.

Just say NO to SoE!

I am a huge Star Wars fan and unfortunately missed out on Galaxies back when it was good. My 1st MMO (City of Heroes) was actually purchased thinking it was a single player RPG. I had always been a console gamer and really had no idea what a MMO was.

It took me about 2 hours to become hooked and i've never looked back.

new topics

top topics

join