It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If for some reason Jesus or similar returned....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
1. How would you react
2. Would you believe or accuse
3. What do you think His/Her Views on the current climate would be
4. Would you feel threatened

I believe that the world is beginning to change and i know that very soon it will, for the better. This thread is for thought. So Atheist please back off. We all know you are Godless and are cool with that. This is for believers and people with an open mind to this strange design we call life.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There's two other forums where this thread might be better suited.

Skunkworks
Religious Conspiracies.

It's got nothing to do with UFOs/Aliens...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
dont know how to move it sorry

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
1. How would you react
I'd go about my day to day as I do now.

Neither.

If they were truly all knowing, they would know it is a natural cycle.

Only if they threatened my day to day living.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

1If for some reason Jesus or similar returned....

Bolded for emphasis

I will go to work as usual. Even if something bizarre fills the entire sky, the sun and moon start arguing with each other in Aramaic, or UFO's start landing at stores and buying all the motor oil with ancient coins.

What ever happens. Until someone asks for me by name I will keep on doing what I do. As to the spiritual side, some of us regret our mistakes and do better and some of us don't. But no major event is going to change us.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

Jezuz did return didn't he? Barack Obama?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh yeah i forgot.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think this topic is fine in this thread because I believe that Jesus was an alien - an alien woman. I am hoping that she has already returned. Am I afraid - no.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchefSalad
1. How would you react

1. When Jesus comes back, there will be no reacting. He comes for the final salvation of those who believe and the judgment of those who do not.

He's not going to be doing interviews on Larry King or hanging out at the park...He's going to completely interrupt time and space and commence the final judgment. On that day, the ordinary course of history is over.

2. I believe now. Those who think they would accuse Him of injustice will be silenced.

3. First, God maintains the entire universe, Earth's climate included. So, as far as the climate goes, everything is currently on track.

Second, when He returns, physical reality will recede...it will vanish. It's just a construct of Divine thought, anyway, so He will roll it up like a scroll and put it away. So, when He returns...He will rescind the climate and everything else with it.

4. I believe. Deceased believers, on that day, will rise from the dead, immortal. Living believers will be transformed into immortality without having to suffer death. Then they all...the believers...will ascend and meet Christ in the air, forever to be with Him from then on.

Then, the judgment begins.

So, no...I would not feel threatened.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus already came back many times and will continue to do so. When he does so, he brings new ideas (ways of thinking) and is killed for what he says. Then people party. Then they get destroyed. And then they change their ways and humanity progresses a notch.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
1. How would you react
With love and thanks.
Believe
Sad but comedic.. So many people awaiting His return but many of them don't get His message.
No, I don't see why I should.

If He did return, I think he would come back in disguise to see if anyone has actually kept true to His word. He would immerse himself in a low level of society and take up dishwashing for a living. Hardly anyone would know who He is, but that won't matter because he is doing what he does best, which is serving You.
The choice is in your hands alone if You want to be saved, you don't need Him he has already done plenty for you as it is, if the stories are true. Be thankful for him and follow in his footsteps, use the story of Christ as a way you can live your life. Be good people! love, live, laugh and share it with others. This is the message and this can change the world. Maybe once we do this, he will take off his mask and welll know he has been with us all along.

this is just my take on it of course

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If He did return, I think he would come back in disguise to see if anyone has actually kept true to His word.

Why would Jesus need to do this? Everything I ever learned in Sunday school and church gives me no reason to think that Jesus would not already know everything that is going on.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

If for some reason Jesus or similar returned....

1. How would you react
A-I would consider myself lucky to have lived to witness it.

A-I would believe what was believable. I don't think there will be any doubt about it if and when the real thing occurs.

A-Applying the word 'climate' broadly, I would hazard a guess and say that He/She would be sorely disappointed in us... but not exactly surprised. We aren't the sharpest crayons in the box, you know.

A- No, not from the real thing. Of course, it would be foolish not to concern one's self with the future but... all things being equal, I would accept a genuinely divine justice over one contrived by the state of man, any day.

new topics

top topics

join