It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Contest Entry - Individualism

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In this short the topic is Individualism and its relationship to Anonymity.

Please find correctness within. Know Your Role.

(click to open player in new window)

This video is the first in a series I plan on creating. It was done all by myself, and serves to coincide with the music I create as well. I have been inspired so much by ATS that this seems like the perfect chance to post it.

Thank you for taking the time to view it, feel free to leave any comments positive or critical. There's always room for improvement, and it's sure not going to stop me!

PIAO!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very nice. Impacting on many levels. Kept me hooked throughout, and yearning for more.

It's quite refreshing when one sees another thinking in the same regard, especially in processes as pivotal to our freedom and state of inner-self as dissonance and true self-awareness.

Indeed, we owe it to our ancestors and descendants alike to break the social and mental restraints that bind and control the consciousness in an effort to smash through the fences that corral our collective subconscious.

You video was very refreshing indeed.

Keep it up, man. I'm looking forward to the next.

Star & Flag

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is really well made, whether one agrees with your premise or not is irrelavant.
Your direction, editing, effects and sound are all worked in together really well to your 'preacher' story telling style. Did you storyboard this first? Or edit in the the sequences to fit your story telling?

Great work!
Well DONE

[edit on 2-7-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm learning as I go, so things should get better as they go... in theory

I write the speeches first, then suit the visuals as I go. I didn't storyboard much on this one, just key combinations of words / images I wanted to do. I should though for future vids, promlem is I really enjoy the feeling of coming up with it on the spot, just feels more intuitive. That would be the musician speaking I guess!

And don't tell anyone I admitted this, but you're not supposed to agree with it. That's the point.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Good video Broadcaste. Kepp up the good work. It looks like you put alot of work into your stuff. Glad to have you on board flagged!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

awesome and amazing video FX, fantastic job!

author available for non-profit projects?

[edit on 15-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"Awesome! Totally Awesome!" - Jeff Spicoli

You made that video yourself? It looked really professional! Like the start of the matrix 4 or something! Keep them coming good Sir!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That was amazing and well done. Hopefully the message will go beyond this contest. You have my vote.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Don't take this the wrong way but although I liked the design and sfx of the video, I didn't agree with the overly negative aspect of the presentation and the unrelenting stance.
It should be more positive and taken from a resistance stand-point.
I won't be voting for this but is a good effort.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wicked good mate!

keep fighting the good fight for sure!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
MORE PLEASE!

That was superb mate. I'll be heading over to myspace to check out what else you've done. If the rest of the contest entries are only half as good this then I'll still have an hour of great entertainment ahead of me.

S&F you talented b*>?%$d!!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
very cool ... very well made

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
S&F for you. This was fantastic and very well done indeed. How long did it take you to create this? Bravo.

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Starred and flagged....an excellent video.

CX.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I gave you the flag because your video was original, and it reminded me that sometimes I just want to yell at people and flick them in the head so that they can react to the world around them.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I just have to tell you, this is the best propaganda ever!

Honestly, my suggestion for others to watch at least the top video is greatly urged. Short, sweet and to the point all the while keeping me glued.

Wow, I need a clapping smiley.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Broadcaste

I liked it.
All propaganda is good, and it seems like you might like making propaganda.
At different times I was reminded of the "YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL...YOU ARE NOT A UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE" voice-overs in (movie) Fight Club, and some of them old T.O.P.Y "Message From Thee Temple" vids, and of those super-excellent Heaven's Gate recruitment videos (partly maybe from the shaved head - but besides which that fellow had some interesting eye-movement patterns in persuasive speech that you might find relevant).
I do have a couple of critical notes, not at all to cap on you, meaning only to be of slight potential help.
I think some of the editing+dissolves was kinda overly busy, and actually undercut the message of the word content...I would vote for one long static artsy claustrophobic camera angle single take...you could have graphics behind the speaker's head, but (to my taste etc.) nothing should pass between the eyes of the speaker and the eyes of the viewer to break the tension and occlude the speaker's hypnotic gaze...
On a much stupider and more quibbly level I did get hung up on a mental sticking-point objection to part of the text, to the effect that if everything is brought into the light, in a certain way that is a loss of information, and represents an increase in anonymity - if nothing is hidden nothing is emphasized, if everything is revealed nothing is revealed in particular...I mention this not to "have-me-be-right", but just as marketing research in an audience member's reaction...probably I'm weird and nobody else would have that reaction, I'm just one data-point, that is just the part that petted the cat wrong for me...
But like I say, nice work, it is good.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Awesome feedback, thanks to everyone for piping up. There will be more episodes, hopefully one within the next month.

@nine-eyed-reel: Aye. The cuts were to cover the fact that there were multiple takes, unfortunately I was behind the camera while in front of it. The next one will not be so choppy, I promise.

@Watchrider: I totally understand. It is meant to be provoking, so the fact that it bothered you is a good thing. It means you get what I'm saying and disagree.

@warrenb: absolutely, time permitting. My entire life is non-profit. Lol. Feel free to contact me.

top topics

join