It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 7/7 Conspiracy Files. The BBC's attempt at ridiculing conspiracy theorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've just watched a documentary on the BBC about the 7/7 conspiracy theory and found it quite shocking how one sided it was. They seemed to appear fairly open minded at the beginning and then started ripping into conspiracy theorists and pretty much called them all nut jobs. They even made it out that conspiracy theorists are fueling hatred and terrorism. Anyways find out for yourself.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

What a better way to silence your critiques than to turn their peers against them?

Without making a judgment call, it serves the state to have the people so divided amongst themselves so as to prevent any consensus, especially on such a divisive subject.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeh, I watched it too and found myself shouting at the TV at just how one sided and unfair it was. The Beeb never addressed any of the real questions surrounding the events of that fateful day. The nearest they came was when they tried to convince us that the clearly doctored picture of the four patsies, where the railings magically go in front of him on one side and behind him on the other, were simply down to "poor pictures!!!" They slighly skipped past the evidence of the explosions originating under the carriages, never mentioned the reports of terrorists being shot near Canary Wharf or even touched on the ambulances and fire engines which were parked at the stations seemingly awaiting the attacks. If you believe the Beeb then Powers was simply giving a talk to a classroom full of temps! It was the worst nonsense.
None of the major issues were dealt with.Then they resorted to the age old tact of attacking the messenger rather than the message. It seems to me that what the Beeb was saying was that because they could find fault with various tiny bits of the story, then the whole story must be based on lies.
Mind you, what do you expect from the Beeb? They are the governments number one propaganda machine. . !

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I also watched this program today on BBC iPlayer, and found it very biased, and just like i thought they avoided many of the main arguments, and also i believe they only focused on The Ripple Effect because of John Hill claiming he is the messiah, so they can make him look like a nutjob to the general public and thus stereotype the rest of us that way. However, the movie seems to have done its job and convinced the general public that the conspiricy theories and false and they people they make movies about them have psychological or mental illnesses, because i spoke with my dad about it this morning, who watched it last night, and he is now convinced that the conspiricy theories are rubbish made up by people who have nothing better to do with their lives. Keeping in mind, my dad has never seen any of these conspiricy movies, just like most of the people that watched the BBC show last night, and so they are just putting full trust in the BBC to give them an honest, unbiased view, which of course they didnt.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by raveneffect200

Thats what infuriates me the most. Conspiracy theorists have for years been trying their hardest to wake people up of what is going on right before their very eyes and in one fellow swoop the BBC has undone all this great work by people like david icke and sent people back to sleep. I am absolutely furious!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
why be furious?

the program didn't address any of the questions but simply tried to tarnish the reputation of the few theorists they could dig up dirt on. if this is enough to convince the public that the 7/7 stuff is as per the official account then there isn't much you can do.

if the PTB in the UK are still trusted after all the sexed up documents, the banking debacle and the expenses claims, never mind all the slightly unsettling, maybe there's something in it, stuff like 7/7, they're choosing to be ignorant despite the overwhelming mountain of evidence that the whole thing is as crooked as a spring.

there's an old saying, you can lead a horse to water but two birds in a bush only make a good meal if they both know how to cook.

you just have to accept that some things about people will just never make sense, a persons will to believe an easy lie over a difficult truth is a hard barrier to overcome.

[edit on 1/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I watched this last night too but not sure which way to look at it....

I knew a guy who grew up with one of the so called bombers who worked in a take away....he told me that he couldnt believe that he could do something like this and that he must have been brain washed....

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hello, I'm a new user here, and I joined primarily just to point out what I found striking about this awful and completely biased documentary:

At the end, when we saw the three men talking about organising a meeting, one of them could be heard saying something along the lines of... "It will be good to have the muslim communitythere" ... The Beeb were so keen to discredit ideas that 7/7 was part of a war on islam, and/or to gain support for what is so called a 'war on terror'... Yet all they are doing, by taking this quote out of context (something they falsefully rile conspiracy theorists for doing)... is reinforcing the notion that there are definite anti-Muslim prejudices, or even worse (in the form of a possible mi5 conspiracy)... by deliberately insinuating that this was a generalised statement, the beeb have quite clearly indicated the anti-muslim nature of our goverment, and obviously the bbc itself...
The documentary, as said above, skips past the most pressing discrepancies, indeed, it is the typical glossed over rubbish that one would expect from the BBC... the muckspreading about how conspirators are holocaust deniers or other madmen as they would like to put across, only raises the weakness of this awful documentary's argument... Where is the speech extract from Sir Ian Blair.. "I'm Not Saying there are four bombers"... There is so much that this documentary ignored, or glossed over, that all it turned out to be, was deliberate hate against those of us who actually have open minds and are not brainwashed by goverment lies... They interviewed the police chief near the end... he said it was crucial that they put a stop to conspiracy theories, yet as I just said, surely it is better to get the real facts, if we approach things with an open mind, unlike the bbc, who were simply determined to throw mud at those of us who can atually put together thruthfully informed analysis.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sighmon3

I completely agree. There are so many flaws in this documentary that I am very tempted to create some sort of voice over or subtitled version of this video to point out the shear number of tricks the bbc has used throughout.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
...And my example of well informed analysis, is that I haven't simply jumped on the bandwagon, as the BBC would claim, that all conspriators are in the same boat, going by the same aparently falisfied evidence... I have watched several videos on the 7/7 bombings, I have read Daniel Obachike's 'The 4th Bomb', and with this book, I have found several instances were indeed, certain conpiratorial claims that he makes, are seemingly fiction... Clearly, there are certain claims about a 7/7 conspiracy that carry little evidence, however, the BBC seems to think that all those who think something is up, go by the same theories, such is their ignorance, such is the awfullness of this documentary

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
BBC is really pissing me off lately. It wouldn't be so bad if they tried to stop claiming impartiality all the time. They are just ending up the same as CNN or FOX news in my opinion now.

Anyone heard about how the government is forcing them to split the license fee between commercial broadcasting companies now? ones that are going down the toilet such as channel 4. That clearly shows me that the government has the BBC under the thumb. If the government can clearly dictate how much license fee the beeb gets to keep, then how can we trust the legitimacy of the BBC's reporting? Once you start on the slippery slope of choking an organizations money supply, you get into the murky area of backroom deals. I dont like it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just want to agree with all the above posts, I was shocked at the blatant one sidedness of the programme, a completely unbalanced view. I don't pay my tv licence for the BBC to produce government propaganda films like this...oh poor Peter Power, let's all feel sorry for the grinning fool! And anyway, why was it shown in the first place, it's not as if there's a new series of the Conspiracy Files,it just came out of the blue.... why after 4 years have they only just spoke to some of the people like the explosives expert, the aforementioned Peter Power etc. I'm off to the BBC comments board to repeat this post.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
they tried to convince us that the clearly doctored picture of the four patsies, where the railings magically go in front of him on one side and behind him on the other, were simply down to "poor pictures!!!"

It is really about time some of you updated your misinterpretation of this optical illusion. It was caused by your mistaking the side of the building behind the bomber for the left side of his torso. The railing does NOT go in front of his arm because the latter is not hanging down as you assumed but in fact is bent across his chest, as becomes apparent when a good copy of this CCTV video image is magnified in Photoshop and contrast is increased. The rail disappears behind the TRUE edge of the bomber's torso, as it would do if the image were genuine.

This picture is not doctored. What has happened is that numerous 9/11 truthers were taken in by mistaking the edge of the building behind the bomber as the side of his body and by assuming that his arm was hanging down.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
it was so crap i turned it off half way through, it was pointless watching it, there was only one agenda, and it wasnt the truth, seemed like the man running the terror excercise on the day has changed his angle somewhat, maybe they got to him

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Well I went and had another look at that picture in question and I can honestly say that I think you're wrong. The bar of the railing clearly passes in front of his body!
Can you elaborate further please?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To all the Brit posters here you should not have expected anything less from the government backed BBC they will recite the company line chapter and verse since their income depends on keeping Her Majesty's Government happy.

[edit on 053131p://2826 by mike dangerously]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I found the Conspiracy Files ep of the 7/7 attacks if anyone wants to watch this little hit piece:www.infowarstv.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the bbc just did an interview with some ex policeman who has written a book about terrorism...and he was asked some questions..the bbc guy was obviously sent lots of emails requesting he asked the same question...'what about the drills'..

the guest said he had never heard of any drills..and even the bbc guy.. simon mayo ...said that it was all just a myth..this on one of the biggest radio stations in britain..

im furious....

boy are we in trouble...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by alienesque]

new topics

top topics

join