It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of us are really actually conspiracy theorists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I just would like to remind people that the the term conspiracy theorist is just a label for someone who people think is spouting stuff that is completely asinine and is untrue. None of us actually are conspiracy theorists. People who are conspiracy theorists aren't conspiracy theorists. This is just a label. I believe we really need to break through this label. One of the reasons why I believe that a lot of our ideas aren't mainstream is because we go under this label... I find that label to be derogative. How about rather than calling ourselves conspiracy theorists we call ourselves something else... like truth-seekers? No one can discredit a label like truth-seeker could they? I think it's about time we shed this label.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I like "truth seeker." Or, even "seeker."

Or better yet, how about people with above-average-intelligence-who-don't-believe-the-BS-that-the-world-is-trying-to-lay-on-us.

I always wondered what commonality we all have, other than the need to seek the truth. For example, were we lied to a lot when we were children, and so became very intent on never being deceived aver again? We were manipulated and controlled by parents as children, therefore vowing never to be controlled again??

I know that sounds like I'm being facetious, but I'm not. I'm serious....what makes a person like us become a truth seeker?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Maybe we're present day philosophers?

I just see the label conspiracy theorist as derogatory and nothing else. We don't like being controlled. We don't like being anyone's follower. We see authority as evil. But... I feel that the label conspiracy theorist is just used to discredit us.

To your point though, I believe we became truth-seekers because we notice that something is not right with the world. The world is not what people want it to be. When people talk about how the world is or how they think the world is we know they're either lying or denying the reality of what is going on. We search for the truth because we know that not all is as it seems.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What makes us like we are we all know that somewhere there's a real history of the world and we want to find it. Sort of like we're all Fox Mulders and Dana Scullys not necessarily with the alien plot but you get the general idea. We all know truth is out there so let's study and try to find it.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Whatever we are, we can be thankful that there is no present-day inquisition to haul us all into some dungeon for daring to disbelieve the official line. The worst we get, so far anyway, are the industrial debunkers and those who troll various forums tagging everything that comes along as a hoax.

NOTE: Edited for spelling.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe simpy: "the Thinking Ones" or "Thinkers"
Something every human being is supposed to be but often fails, not only because of their own fault...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
How about something along this line. . .

Quaere verum - Seek the truth

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to say this but...

How about DUN DUN DUN......"people"?

If the truth is underground and we want it to be mainstream, why deviate ourselves at all from the sheep? I recently brought my family of five to the architects and engineers for truth presentation here in seattle (ae911.org), well they went in raising their hands when the speakers asked if they believed the official story and went out being 100% convinced without a doubt that the WTC buildings were controlled demolitions.

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Buddha

Let's focus on only presenting the facts and evidence, not labeling anything. Not even labeling it "truth" as to imply they are gullible idiots and everything they think is "false" and that WE are of a superior intelligence.

Division is the tool of the enemy!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yeah um...i would have to say there are a few of those "spouting inane and asinine things" type of people here.

maybe Tinfoil Hatmen is a good term for them

[edit on 30-6-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What about: Sheeples of Truth
)

Well... good name but rather for a sect...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I would hope so. That's what I thought when I first came to ATS. I was drawn to the Ufo/Aliens section and more, but you know, everywhere has its vermin. You got your tribal beasts, your witch-hunters and your psychopaths, sociopaths to whom the internet has become a safe haven for.
I admire those who take their time to do honest research and have a heart feel desire to share information and sentiments.
I remain confident that the truth-seekers will shine through all this darkness in spite of the derogatory labels (because of the foes again).

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I have some strange beliefs, but I don't think that makes me crazy or a "conspiracy theorist."

J.P. Morgan engaged in all sorts of intrigue and he wasn't alone among industrialists in this regard.

Maybe you remember reports of Bush Administrations resignations over frustration with a "cabal" of conspirators.

articles.latimes.com...

I think most politicians are sociopaths after spending their lives manipulating masses of people as though they were statistics. Deltron 3030 had it right:"Our Politicians are witches."

/washington-sociopath

The fact that our culture rewards those most adept at manipulating others suggests our culture promotes sociopathic behavior.

/2a2vlg

EDIT: broken link

[edit on 1-7-2009 by 10010010011]

new topics

top topics

join