It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zelaya accused of drug ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Zelaya accused of drug ties

news.yahoo.com

The regime that ousted Manuel Zelaya in Honduras claimed Tuesday that the deposed president allowed tons of coc aine to be flown into the Central American country on its way to the United States.

"Every night, three or four Venezuelan-registered planes land without the permission of appropriate authorities and bring thousands of pounds ... and packages of money that are the fruit of drug trafficking," its foreign minister, Enrique Ortez, told CNN en Espanol.

"We have proof of all of this. Neighboring governments have it. The DEA has it," he added.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If this can be proven as they claim then this could become a huge story. If Zelaya was allowing drug flights into the US and the DEA knew about it I would assume someone within the Obama administration was informed. If not then someone should have been before they publically supported him.

Why would the Obama administration come out and support this guy? What is in it for the US to support Zelaya?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What is in it for the US to support Zelaya?

Nothing is in it for the US. The question is what's in it for Obama?

Me thinks Obama stepped in a big pile of poo on this one. Glad to see it reported in the MSM.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This story has the CIA written all over it. It has been alleged that the CIA funded there black projects with proceeds derived from narcotics sales. So quite possibly the CIA was able to get the recently ousted Honduran President to offer his country as a distribution hub and refueling site for narcotics in route to the United States.

He was probably given money under the table to turn a blind eye to this illicit practice. I wouldn't be surprised if deposited the money in a Cayman account or Swiss. So there is something stinky with this allegation made against the Honduran President's alleged involvement in narcotics distribution.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This one is a bit ugly, I think.

It has to be understood that as soon as the economic situation worsened globally, certain governments might be tempted to get "in the trade" to prop up their lifestyle.

Apparently we are to accept that the CIA has availed themselves of the revenue source in the past, I think that much is beyond debate. How much, and whether the practice continues can only be a matter of speculation I suppose. I fear the domestic operation of CIA operatives is problematic. Claims have been made that they are poised internationally in the market. I understand their relationship with the likes of Manuel Noriega may be about to surface again... The CIA has become a dark problem, I think.

I recall certain veiled 'threats' from Mexico when they needed our help. They said they KNEW of American political persons who were involved in 'dark dealings' and they would reveal those names if we didn't help them. Or was I on a delirious flight of fancy at the time?

Perhaps I am making too much of this allegation. After all, how likely is it that esteemed and respected world leaders could be part of such things?

new topics

top topics

join