It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brookings Publication Mentions Possibility of ‘Horrific Provocation’ to Trigger Iran Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Blacklisted News has this Commentary-Analysis write up on the June 2009

WHICH PATH TO PERSIA?
Options for a New American Strategy toward Iran

The document has 24 instances of the word provocation...

All this hinting at another false-flag attack underway and prepping the international community for a future invasion of Iran is becoming increasingly serious as the warmongering is being stepped up. This is the time to fix our eyes upon these globalists and their think tanks. If their blatant arrogance permits them to openly publish their bloodthirsty musings, we should be vigilant enough to pass this knowledge around lest we have another 9/11 on our hands.

In a recent policy paper published by the influential Brookings Institute, the authors propose almost anything to guarantee dominance of Persia by the new world order, including bribery, lying, cheating and mass murdering by an all-out military assault of Iran. The paper ‘Which path to Persia: Options for a New American Strategy toward Iran’ is just one of many recent and not so recent examples of the firm intent of the globalists to engage Iran militarily and acquire its natural resources in the same effort.

The group of authors- a cozy little convergence of globalists- contemplate four separate options on ‘how to deal with Iran’ in the cold bureaucratic language that poses as scientific but is really nothing more than the intelligent musings of a calculating psychopath.
www.blacklistednews.com...

Following the directive or tendency of using false flags, they openly speculate about the possibility of ‘provocation’ to escalate the conflict!

it is not impossible that Tehran might take some action that would justify an American invasion. And it is certainly the case that if Washington sought such a provocation, it could take actions that might make it more likely that Tehran would do so (although being too obvious about this could nullify the provocation). However, since it would be up to Iran to make the provocation move (…), the United States would never know for sure when it would get the requisite Iranian provocation. In fact, it might never come at all.’

That would be dissapointing...so they explore on page 66...

‘With provocation, the international diplomatic and domestic political requirements of an invasion would be mitigated, and the more outrageous the Iranian provocation (and the less that the United States is seen to be goading Iran), the more these challenges would be diminished. In the absence of a sufficiently horrific provocation, meeting these requirements would be daunting.’

Brookings Publication PDF

I wonder if these guys are paid to sit around and write this stuff up without sufficient reason?

Most likely, not. There is something beyond the obvious, and the obvious is quite dark. How many times can they get away with this sort of thing?

[edit on 30-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

There does seem to be a need by these monsters to tell us in advance what they plan to do. The RAND Corp. and the CFR also publish their evil thoughts ahead of time. I'm surprised that they've waited this long to pull a false flag.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Floating thru Reality

Yeah we were all waiting for it after 9/11, and then there was 7/7.

Guess they needed to change strategy for a while. What really scares me about the paper is their downright straight talk about the angles, what the people would think, and how they might react.

They work through many scenarios to come to the conclusion that
"horriffic provocation" just might do the trick.

As blacklisted mentioned...phycopaths.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I found this today, supporting information on the OP.

I’m not coming down on any side here. While my gut feeling is that CIA/Mossad/MI6 are throwing gasoline on the fire, I can’t point to any evidence of that. The past doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the present, but being familiar with how the U.S. has screwed with Iran in the past, it’s very hard for me to believe that Uncle $cam’s tentacles aren’t on this thing in some capacity.
url

At around 4.35 last Monday morning, my Beirut mobile phone rang in my Tehran hotel room. "Mr Fisk, I am a computer science student in Lebanon. I have just heard that students are being massacred in their dorms at Tehran University. Do you know about this?" The Fisk notebook is lifted wearily from the bedside table. "And can you tell me why," he continued, "the BBC and other media are not reporting that the Iranian authorities have closed down SMS calls and local mobile phones and have shut down the internet in Tehran? I am learning what is happening only from Twitters and Facebook." .......

.......There are few provable assurances in the Middle East, often few facts and a lot of lies. Dangers are as thick as snakes in the desert. As I write, I have just received another call from Lebanon. "Mr Fisk, a girl has been shot in Iran. I have a video from the internet. You can see her body..." And you know what? I think he might be right.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
At the time, I thought the US was cautious to avoid a front row seat when there was the anticipated "International outcry" regarding the Iranian election issues.

Then it hit me on the head... the situation is just what the PTB wanted. I mean a new, more conciliatory gov't could have really screwed up their plans...

The higher the viewpoint the more I like your theory.

Great post sancho..

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This again makes it to Alex Jones today...

Flashback: Brookings Publication Mentions Possibility of ‘Horrific Provocation’ to Trigger Iran Invasion

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I read stuff like this and wish I could go back to being blissfully ignorant.

It doesn't seem to matter what they write. Most people refuse to believe it anyway, and I don't blame them. It's horrifying!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't know guys. Bombing a nuclear site sure, that's probably likely and will happen soon. But an all out full scale "invasion" of Iran seems skeptical...Iran is no Iraq. I mean just can't imagine it. Iraq and Bagdad is like a series of cave huts compared to Tehran which is a fully modern metropolitan city. If you look at photos of Tehran it looks no different than London or any other major European city whereas Bagdad by comparison looks like the typical sort of hut complex of some 3rd world middle eastern countries.
I can't imagine such a modern civilized country being invaded and occupied but if I'm wrong then I guess this world truly has gone down the crapper.

new topics

top topics

join