It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William W. Warwick video - A-10 UFO Phoenix lights cover up - Pilot Murdered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
1. Craig Button's death had nothing to do with the Phoenix Lights. He was a homosexual having a mental episode.

2. I was witness to the Phoenix lights as well as several hoaxes attempted in the same vein. THE PHOENIX LIGHTS WERE NOT FLARES DROPPED FROM PLANES.

I get so darned tired of having to explain this to people, but apparently there are LOTS AND LOTS of people who have never seen a flare in action and therefor are ignorant of how they look and operate.

a. Flares give off copious amounts of smoke. This smoke is HIGHLY VISIBLE in the intense light given off by the flare. If you have six flares, then you will have six HIGHLY VISIBLE smoke plumes to alert you to the presence of flares.

b. There were NO SUCH VISIBLE SMOKE PLUMES WITNESSED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE PHOENIX LIGHTS NOR WERE THERE ANY DISCOVERED IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS.

c. Flares are suspended from parachutes. They will not fall in formation. Each flare will be subject to the vagaries of the air currents in their immediate vicinity.

d. Flares not attached to parachutes WILL FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. They will not float in the sky. They are not feathers or soap bubbles.

Carry on!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by ronishia

ronisha, fleabit:

From my experience having lived in Phoenix at the time (1996) it looks like you're both correct, but for different reasons.

The actual sightings were not filmed by TV crews. There were some amateur videos, that were not seen much, nor since.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the sightings and amateur pics were from the NORTH of Phoenix, not the SouthWest!!!

The bright lights to the West and South look, indeed, to be flares of some design, HUMAN design, intentionally placed as a distraction.

Simple stagecraft....knowing the audience in the 'Valley' couldn't help but notice, and the lack of a Moon meant that the 'lights' would mysteriously wink out, as they slowly dropped behind the mountain range.

Believe me, we were subjected to that TV footage on local news for weeks on end. Every time I watched it, I knew it was not an ET UFO. The actual sightings? Can't know if THEY were ET, or black OP secret stuff...there is just not enough info.

BTW, the proximity of Davis-Montham (outside Tucson) and Luke AFB (just West of Phoenix) AND the large number of MOA (Military Operation Area) airspace nearby....not a coincidence!

[edit on 9 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

Excellent reasoning skills...

Q: if the air force did plan the flare drop as an explanation for earlier SOLID BOOMERANG sightings, then this indicated that they EXPECTED and were ready for dropping flares in an arc, at that location at 10:30pm local time which is an hour or so AFTER the SOLID BOOMERANG sightings.

So the question is, if this was a human ARV, and they knew it was going to be tested:

1. WHy turn on lights to announce its presence
2. Why conduct a disinfo campaign if they knew what it was already??
3. Why did it take over an hour to get the A-10's up and drop the flares, why not drop them at the same time as the "flight test,"?

The actions of the government clearly indicate not only an active pre-planned program of dropping flares, but also the later cover-up of the murder of both A-10 Pilots.

This does not mean that "Air Force" is responsible for their deaths, it only means that they cover up any truth that they don't want exposed.

None of the Air Force's explanations pan out, not one, nor do they explain why Craig would allegedly commit suicide...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by ronishia
makes me giggle when the phoenix lights get attributed to simple flares tbh

take alook at my tinwiki article i done and the pictures and tell me if them are flares lol
tinwiki article on pheonix lights including pics

as for the OP's videos i dont really know what to make of them or how accurate this person is etc

The picture on your article imo is yes, flares. They were dropped imo, to try and coverup the other sightings from that evening (before and after those flares were dropped).

There was a group that studied those lights in particular, and if you place those lights on an overlay of the same spot (where it was orginally filmed) during the day, they all disappear, precisely when each goes behind part of the mountain range. There is no way the lights over Phoenix proper were a ufo (unless it was I dunno.. 30 miles long, and it was landing behind the mountains).

But... there were sightings before, after... and the military mystersiously drops flares in a V pattern in clear view of the city apparenly, for the first and last time, on that night. If that's not a coverup, I dunno what is.

Agreed, now we just figure out the who, what, when and why...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
1. Craig Button's death had nothing to do with the Phoenix Lights. He was a homosexual having a mental episode.

2. I was witness to the Phoenix lights as well as several hoaxes attempted in the same vein. THE PHOENIX LIGHTS WERE NOT FLARES DROPPED FROM PLANES.

I get so darned tired of having to explain this to people, but apparently there are LOTS AND LOTS of people who have never seen a flare in action and therefor are ignorant of how they look and operate.

a. Flares give off copious amounts of smoke. This smoke is HIGHLY VISIBLE in the intense light given off by the flare. If you have six flares, then you will have six HIGHLY VISIBLE smoke plumes to alert you to the presence of flares.

b. There were NO SUCH VISIBLE SMOKE PLUMES WITNESSED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE PHOENIX LIGHTS NOR WERE THERE ANY DISCOVERED IN THE PHOTOGRAPHS.

c. Flares are suspended from parachutes. They will not fall in formation. Each flare will be subject to the vagaries of the air currents in their immediate vicinity.

d. Flares not attached to parachutes WILL FALL AT FREE FALL SPEED. They will not float in the sky. They are not feathers or soap bubbles.

Carry on!

A1: Hmm... a homosexual?

It appears that you read the first three articles and never read the final report from the government...Even the government OSI admitted there was NO EVIDENCE whatsoever that he was a homosexual...

Did you know Craig Button? His sister and family and GIRLFRIENDS, say that is not true, so can you share your evidence with us to justify this claim?

A2: There were various events which have been collectively reffered to as the Phoenix Lights, can you be more specific about what you saw, what time and where to clarify which of those events you actually witnessed?

A3: The flares were dropped according to all account between 60 and 100 miles away from the video cameras in Phoenix, at that distance, the colors, any white smoke and other details would be completely washed out and you would never see any details like the ones you are describing.

Just thought you should know...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by weedwhacker

yea i get what your saying wether or not it was alien is another matter altogether but they were certainly UFO's

While it's true they have not been "officially" proven to be flares, the ones that fell behind the mountains almost certainly had to be just that. When I hear about the Phoenix case, those are the most prominant (sadly) pictures shown. That one image / video of the large V as seen from Phoenix. And of course, if those were dropped to create diversion, it's worked wonderfully for them. I don't think it's a cooincidence that they were dropped in that V formation, either. They probably were dropped from two different aircraft to even achieve that.

As far as black ops stuff goes, I still have severe doubts about that. There is a reason they test these things over barren deserts. I would be amazed if they flew secret military aircraft over populated neighborhoods and highways. And for an extended period of time at that.

Not only does it not make sense to fly a craft like that over poulated areas, it is against the FAA law to drop flares over a populated areas.

Hmm, so if perhaps Two A-10s were needed to drop that flare pattern...and we have two dead A-10 pilots killed within weeks of the alleged flare drop...

Then the Air Force diverts and confuses attention by saying on June 1997 that the UFO's seen were dropped from visiting A-10 squadron who were based at LUke AFB...

So when the press interviews the visting A-10 pilots from LUKe, who by the air force account was on the ground by 8:30pm, then how does their own explanation explain how THOSe A-10s dropped flares at 10:30pm....

So those flares were not dropped by THOSE Luke AFB A-10's, they were dropped by the A-10's that were stationed at DAVIS MOTHAN!

Of course two of the A-10's from Mothan that COULD have dropped those flares, were dead BEFORE ANYONE COULD ASK THEM!

Actually there were three A-10 pilots killed within 3 months, and more later...

But i have no direct evidence that these are related to the PHX case in particlaur although they may be related to greater UFO actions going on at the time...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I saw the lights in 2007 LIVE on the news and those were not flares. If they were then there should be proof on video on the internet showing how flares can remain motionless in the air as these lights did. Please post videos of these flares so the topic can come to an end. THANKS in advance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
After posting some comments yesterday and doing further reading I think that Warwick is definitely onto something, even if I don't necessarily believe there is any connection with the Phoenix lights.

It is clear that the Air Force was not overly convinced about their own "suicide" explanation - as there was no clear motive. This angle was thoroughly investigated by the Air Force. The best they could come up with was that his roommate said that Button seemed upset after receiving a phone call the previous day.

One thing that seems very hard to explain is why it took so long to locate the plane when they had detailed radar tracks of the entire flight including extremely detailed information on the last minutes of the flight, the bypass of Gold Dust Peak, followed by a circle and climb up a mile and steep dive into the peak.

All of this suggests the pilot crashed the plane into the peak and yet there was no seismic record of a collision. Note that this is one item which I think might actually contradict Warwick's hypothesis - as this would not be explained by someone taking control of the plane and remotely flying it into the mountain to fake a suicide.

Another problem I perceive with Warwicks hypothesis is the missing bombs - which are certainly the central "unsolved mystery". If the Air Force was covering up something, wouldn't they just tell everyone they recovered the bombs so the story would die? And wouldn't they know where the bombs were dropped so they could fly to the location and recover the bombs?

A private company, Innovative Access, based in Evergreen Colorado, was contracted to do the recovery of the crash debris. The recovery team was lead by John Peleaux who stated "I was privy to a lot of information - I was in charge of the mountain basically," he says. "And I watched the media being told things that were incomplete at best".

There is a specific reference to the allegations of a homosexual affair with another pilot which were found to be unsubstantiated. Apparently, the search team was directed to comb the mountain for blood samples that were subsequently tested for HIV.

It almost looks like the Air Force investigators were hoping to get a positive result so this would "prove" their "gay suicide" theory. Was it a theory or was this just part of a larger coverup that didn't go as planned?
Anyways, it seems strange that they would need to comb the mountain for blood samples when they already supposedly had recovered Button's body just after locating the crash site, 18 days after the plane disappeared/went down.

I agree with Warwick that the whole thing looks quite suspicious.
In any case, an enduring mystery after 12 years.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I remember when this happened and I also remember how the militia wires were going nuts because of the closeness of the anniversary date of Waco and OKC. There was actually speculation that he was heading to Denver where McVeigh was under trial. I had no idea there was a connection between the Phoenix lights and the dead pilots. What strikes me even more than anything is the inability of the military to find the MK 82's. What the hell? You would figure one would would have been found by now.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by shai hulud]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
I saw the lights in 2007 LIVE on the news and those were not flares. If they were then there should be proof on video on the internet showing how flares can remain motionless in the air as these lights did. Please post videos of these flares so the topic can come to an end. THANKS in advance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

HOw would an alleged flare attached to a ballon in 2007 solve the case of the Phoenix events in 1997?

Were the flares in 2007 dropped from planes?

What kind of flares were they in 2007?

establishing what happend in 2007 has absolutely no bearing or coincidence with the hundreds of solid boomerang sighintg in 1997.

The flares which were allegedly attached to balloons in 2007 were red in color, the kind that are used as road flares, the alleged flares dropped in 1997 were LUU-2 ground illumination flares, totally different...

Just thought you should know.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
After posting some comments yesterday and doing further reading I think that Warwick is definitely onto something, even if I don't necessarily believe there is any connection with the Phoenix lights.

It is clear that the Air Force was not overly convinced about their own "suicide" explanation - as there was no clear motive. This angle was thoroughly investigated by the Air Force. The best they could come up with was that his roommate said that Button seemed upset after receiving a phone call the previous day.

One thing that seems very hard to explain is why it took so long to locate the plane when they had detailed radar tracks of the entire flight including extremely detailed information on the last minutes of the flight, the bypass of Gold Dust Peak, followed by a circle and climb up a mile and steep dive into the peak.

All of this suggests the pilot crashed the plane into the peak and yet there was no seismic record of a collision. Note that this is one item which I think might actually contradict Warwick's hypothesis - as this would not be explained by someone taking control of the plane and remotely flying it into the mountain to fake a suicide.

Another problem I perceive with Warwicks hypothesis is the missing bombs - which are certainly the central "unsolved mystery". If the Air Force was covering up something, wouldn't they just tell everyone they recovered the bombs so the story would die? And wouldn't they know where the bombs were dropped so they could fly to the location and recover the bombs?

A private company, Innovative Access, based in Evergreen Colorado, was contracted to do the recovery of the crash debris. The recovery team was lead by John Peleaux who stated "I was privy to a lot of information - I was in charge of the mountain basically," he says. "And I watched the media being told things that were incomplete at best".

There is a specific reference to the allegations of a homosexual affair with another pilot which were found to be unsubstantiated. Apparently, the search team was directed to comb the mountain for blood samples that were subsequently tested for HIV.

It almost looks like the Air Force investigators were hoping to get a positive result so this would "prove" their "gay suicide" theory. Was it a theory or was this just part of a larger coverup that didn't go as planned?
Anyways, it seems strange that they would need to comb the mountain for blood samples when they already supposedly had recovered Button's body just after locating the crash site, 18 days after the plane disappeared/went down.

I agree with Warwick that the whole thing looks quite suspicious.
In any case, an enduring mystery after 12 years.

Excellent work.

However, i think that the lack of seismic activity does not refute the remote control of the plane though:

1. If the real A-10 with the bombs was flown to a base and offloaded, then flown up remote controlled to be crashed, if the craft was then detonated just before crashing, then this explain how an "infrared" event was recorded WITHOUT a seismic event!

2. Detonating the plane above Gold peak would also explain how the canopy and other parts of the plane made it OVER the peak of the mountain. If the plane was in a steep dive into the peak which basically put the plane at 90 degree angle to the mountaintop, then it is hard to imagine any debris making it up the peak and over the peak, the explosion would normally go up and out and in this case, gravity would cause most of the debris to fall back into the valley. Also this would explain why the debris was spread over such a wide area, where as a plane plowing into the ground would just leave a big hole and a crater...

More later...Good work, don't stop, be more critical of the reports and you may find more anomalies...

[edit on 11-7-2009 by ArthurPendragon]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
I remember when this happened and I also remember how the militia wires were going nuts because of the closeness of the anniversary date of Waco and OKC. There was actually speculation that he was heading to Denver where McVeigh was under trial. I had no idea there was a connection between the Phoenix lights and the dead pilots. What strikes me even more than anything is the inability of the military to find the MK 82's. What the hell? You would figure one would would have been found by now.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by shai hulud]

Not only would at least 1 be found, there would have been a seismic record of 5 large events, 4 bombs hitting the ground and one plane crash, yet no seismic activity was recorded at all.

Strike one for the "official" explanation.

More to come, i have done some research on this waco supposition, it doesn't pan out, it leads to even more intrigue, but i need time to find it.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

The Central mystery in my opinion is why would a decorated Air Force Pilot committ suicide by crashing into a mountain - 800 miles off course, with allegedly no coommunication with the aircraft, and but for a 10 year old eyewitness, only one or two of 60 people investigated whose names werent blacked out...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Unknown and possibly related could be that 3 days before the loss of A-10 from Davis Mothan AFB in AZ, on April 2, 1997 (Craig Button) another A-10 crashed and died after refueling, in the day time, just like craig button would do 3 days later....

March 28, 1997 - A-10 Pilot dies in U.S. Air National Guard fighter crash
WASHINGTON (Reuter) - A veteran National Guard pilot died when his A-10 Thunderbolt fighter jet crashed on approach to Willow Grove Air Reserve Station in Pennsylvania Friday, a spokeswoman at the base said. The Air National Guard spokeswoman confirmed the pilot was killed in the crash, which happened at 3:45 p.m. EST, but were withholding his name until relatives were notified.

Capt. Stephanie Sullenbarger, public affairs officer for Air National Guard, said the dead man was a veteran pilot assigned to the unit. She said the accident happened during a routine training mission which included mid-air refueling.

The plane crashed in wooded buffer zone end of runway and witnesses told WPVI television station they saw smoke and a fireball but did not see the pilot eject.

The single-seat, twin-engine jet fighter, nicknamed the "Warthog,” is designed to destroy enemy ground forces and was used with great effectiveness during the Gulf War.

"There was a crash on a routine flight on approach to land," said Sgt. Jenny Pappas at the base. "It was inside the fence at the Naval Air station." Willow Grove is about 30 miles northeast of Philadelphia.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I thought the same thing but didn't realize there was a video about this.

Two very strange and seemingly unconnected events occurred in Colorado in 1997, within 6 months of each other.

The first was when Air Force Captain Craig Button incident, but then the next event, and I've always wondered if they are somehow related, is the "Routt Divide Blowdown". This is when a 20 mile long, several miles wide, area of tall old growth forest was said to have been blown down by heavy winds. This is a forest at a high altitude and gets high winds all the time. I remember that day since I lived not too far from that area. It was windy but nothing people here hadn't seen countless times. The strangest and most inexplicable thing is "the destruction had the appearance of a Colorado Front Range downslope windstorm, but it was unusual in that the strong winds were easterly and the damage was located to the west of the mountain barrier." [link to www.cora.nwra.com]

Somehow I think they both may be related, but certainly the timing of Button's disappearance (being based in AZ) and the Phoenix Lights is too coincidental. There are connections in that puzzle we'll likely never be able to make.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
April 2, 1997 - Phoenix AZ Military A-10 Pilot Disappears

Early Timeline up to alleged recoevery of plane and body.

When asked to describe the mysterious disappearance of A-10 “Warthog” Pilot Craig Button The U.S. Secretary of Defense - William Cohen Replied:

“It is a Mystery, Wrapped in an Enigma, Inside a Riddle.”

•April 2 noon; A 10 aircraft believed crashed.
•April 3 Search continues, broad search area selected.
•April 3 11:45 a.m. General public help sought for missing A 10
•April 3 5:30 p.m. AF identifies missing pilot as Capt. Craig Button
•April 5 Search area shifts to Colorado
•April 7 Radar shows missing aircraft turned in air near Vail
•April 9 Search continues, heavy snow in area.
•April 20 Helicopter search crew finds possible wreckage of A 10
•April 21 Photos released of possible crash site.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Alleged Chronology of Events for Lost A-10 on April 2, 1997

•11:58 a.m.: east of Tucson
•12:10 p.m.: west of Apache Junction, Arizona
•12:11 p.m.: several miles south of Lake Roosevelt
•12:29 p.m.: north of Lake Roosevelt
•12:43 p.m.: approaching New Mexico
•12:58 p.m.: just inside Colorado
•1:00 p.m.: near Telluride
•1:08 p.m.: near Montrose
•1:22 p.m.: Button begins a zigzag pattern with this sighting between Grand Junction and Aspen
•1:27 p.m.: bearing northeast, now north of Aspen
•1:30 p.m.: Button is due south of his last position
•1:33 p.m.: the A 10 is southeast of the last sighting
•1:35 p.m.: between Aspen and Grand Junction
•1:37 p.m.: Button is heading northeast again
•1:40 p.m.: In the last reported sighting, Button is northeast of Aspen, near Craig's Peak and New York Mountain.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArthurPendragon
If the real A-10 with the bombs was flown to a base and offloaded, then flown up remote controlled to be crashed, if the craft was then detonated just before crashing, then this explain how an "infrared" event was recorded WITHOUT a seismic event!

Okay, I suppose that is possible. Assuming some sort of conspiracy, I can't see why the bombs would be unloaded unless there was a good "cover story" to explain why the bombs were not found at the crash site.

Is there any indication the A-10s involved in the flare drop following the Phoenix lights incident came from Davis-Monthon AFB and not from the base in Phoenix?

If so, what evidence is there that Button was involved in the flare drop?

Of course one possibility might be that Button was a witness of the boomerang event and he got in trouble because he failed to keep his mouth shut about this sighting.

My understanding of the incident is the "boomerang" travelled from NW of Phoenix to SE. I don't know if there were sightings in Tuscon. It is of course possible that the Davis-Monthon was put on alert as a result of the incident so perhaps A-10s or other aircraft were scrambled as a result of the detection (visual and/or radar) of the boomerang. The flare drop was perhaps an improvised cover-up for the earlier sighting.

It is quite possible that we will never know what happened to Button and the four missing bombs.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by ArthurPendragon
If the real A-10 with the bombs was flown to a base and offloaded, then flown up remote controlled to be crashed, if the craft was then detonated just before crashing, then this explain how an "infrared" event was recorded WITHOUT a seismic event!

Okay, I suppose that is possible. Assuming some sort of conspiracy, I can't see why the bombs would be unloaded unless there was a good "cover story" to explain why the bombs were not found at the crash site.

Is there any indication the A-10s involved in the flare drop following the Phoenix lights incident came from Davis-Monthon AFB and not from the base in Phoenix?

If so, what evidence is there that Button was involved in the flare drop?

Of course one possibility might be that Button was a witness of the boomerang event and he got in trouble because he failed to keep his mouth shut about this sighting.

My understanding of the incident is the "boomerang" travelled from NW of Phoenix to SE. I don't know if there were sightings in Tuscon. It is of course possible that the Davis-Monthon was put on alert as a result of the incident so perhaps A-10s or other aircraft were scrambled as a result of the detection (visual and/or radar) of the boomerang. The flare drop was perhaps an improvised cover-up for the earlier sighting.

It is quite possible that we will never know what happened to Button and the four missing bombs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join