It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Kidnaps Cynthia McKinney

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Today Israeli Occupation Forces attacked and boarded the Free Gaza Movement boat, the SPIRIT OF HUMANITY, abducting 21 human rights workers from 11 countries, including Noble laureate Mairead Maguire and former U.S. Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. The passengers and crew are being forcibly dragged toward Israel.

“This is an outrageous violation of international law against us. Our boat was not in Israeli waters, and we were on a human rights mission to the Gaza Strip,” said Cynthia McKinney, a former U.S. Congresswoman and presidential candidate. “President Obama just told Israel to let in humanitarian and reconstruction supplies, and that’s exactly what we tried to do. We’re asking the international community to demand our release so we can resume our journey.”

freegaza.org... s

I hope she gets back safe when Israel lets her go... o wait I mean if the US lets her go

Here we go the US and Israel making us believe they are totally different countries. The US can release her with a thumbs up or down if they wanted to.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Blundo]

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The jokes on them, they got Cynthia McKinney. hehe. hope they can put up with her.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Bwahahaha!!!!

President Obama told Israel to let humanitarian aid through so they have too.

Geeze I can't believe people like this are elected to our congress. Yes I know she was run out, but still there are a bunch of them

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just waiting for the baiting and bashing by some of the agenda people to come on this topic. Kind of like the mild one posted after the OP.

This is truly a joke. I agree that Israel should be able to monitor these boats. IF, and ONLY IF, they enter Israeli waters then go in and investigate them. But to grab this boat OUTSIDE of their waters on international waters and then drag them back to their waters is a complete violation of their rights. Go ahead Flyersfan and come on and try to bash them on this. State how Israel is a sovereign nation and has the right to defend themselves. How zoo animals can learn faster than McKinney. And all of the normal neocon jargon.

It's ridiculous that this is happening.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Well, this story is from a very biased source, seeing how it comes from the people mounting the operation.

We don't know the whole story.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well that is some good news, with all the damage and insanity she has caused in my state. Let the Jews take care of her for awhile. I bet she will not have her "Kill the Hebrews" entourage with her like she did in Atlanta.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I'm interested as to what our resident neocons will have to say on this. How exactly is Israel in the clear, I wonder...

Mckinney is one of those awake people, she was in an alex jones film. Not surprising the Israelis are harassing her.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Isn't this another rerun of what happened during the war in Gaza?

These people are just looking for confrontation and publicity.

I am in the majority, they can keep McKinney.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

The Israel's will let the supplies through, after being inspected they will be trucked in...

www.washingtonpost.com...

More Here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmaidslave
The jokes on them, they got Cynthia McKinney. hehe. hope they can put up with her.

Seriously. I hope they keep her.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Terrorists are trained to yell "torture" when detained. I wonder how McKinney will react once she gets some media attention?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We need multiple sources on this subject to make an educated decision as to whether the Israeli Navy was justified in seizing the vessel and crew-members. Unfortunately, that is not available thus far. However, if Israel has a blockade against Gaza; any ships near the blockade or crossing are subject to detention and seizure. In some instances the ship may be fired upon.

They should have notified the Israeli government of their intentions and requested permission to enter Gaza with humanitarian aid under the auspice of the UN. I'm with they assumption, they were asking for trouble; and did this act intentionally to add more friction to the already venomous situation in Gaza. I'm trying to look at this realistically and maybe former congresswoman McKinney needed a media fix since she has been out of the news for sometime. Any publicity is good publicity?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Are they? Do they hand out terrorist training manuals in your neighborhood or what?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There isn't anyone that I've seen so far that denys that the ship had food, medicine, and toys on it. Nobody is saying they were there for anything other than humanitarian aid. With this in mind there are still people willing to defend Israels actions. That may be the craziest thing I've seen in this crazy world.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Unless the Israeli Government Gives us ONE BILLION dollars, they will have to keep Ms. McKinney. Have fun.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'd like to go out on a limb (apparently) and vouch for McKinney.

If any of her critics take issue with what can be referred to as the "power elite" you should try not to be so divisive as it's safe to say she's on the outside fighting for what's right. The way you speak of McKinney makes you sound as if you would've thrown a rock at Jesus.

I'm curious in what way she ruined your guys' state- was this when she was in DC? Or as fringe presidential candidate?

----------Eh, frig it - I'll just label you all as black-women-suppressing, Jew-hating, Gaza genocide-supporting, playa hatas. Dang y'all- hate the game.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Good greif, the insiensitivity here is outrageous! This is a human being taken hostage. Stop the immature ramblings and think positive thoughts for her safe return. You can slam her by writing to her or writing articles against her once she is home safe, but come on she is an American citizen being held against her will.

I dont know anything about her, but I still think this is a bad situation which could be the start of something even more sinister.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't wish McKinney on my worst enemies. Maybe Israel should toss her over the wall at Gaza.

Let them have to deal with her!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I don't suppose we can talk them into keeping her?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join