It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I feel so hollow and empty ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder why I feel so hollow and empty ?? It is like there is NOTHING worth being here for.....

With all the lying, backstabbing, murdering, raping, stealing going on.....what is the point of it all ??? to simply exist ?? that is not enough.

Something is missing....and it is NOT religion.......I feel like everyday has NO meaning and purpose whatsoever.....and please don't tell me to go out an "volunteer" my time to any inane charity or organization.....it is not going to happen.

Just what the hell am I here for ??? to be a slave and die ?? what a waste.

AG

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's just a time between meals and your hunger is pokin' at ya.

Have a Snicker's. It really satisfies.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree with you as far as a religion goes. HOWEVER I have put my faith in God. I have felt the same as you and its enough to make you consider ending it all. But that will never be an answer to anyones problems. I know God has taken a bad rap for what man has done in his name but we were warned about these men who have twisted truths and distorted lies to fool us into thinking their evildeeds are His will. Hate religion but love God because no matter hwat you think he has love for you and if you do not believe me then put Him to the test. Ask Him to make himself known to you and show you a sign and prove people like me are not fools putting our lives in the hands of God. He is the only one who will never turn his back on you. Friends, family, fellow employees and governments will always prove to you mankind kind be a heartless lot. But God never will. Do not believe the naysayers and do not even believe me if you dont want to but find out for yourself. God will always be waiting for you. Fill that void. Amen

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i was thinking the same way a couploe months ago,i used to suffer from severe sp and i just didnt seethe point,why was i being tormented,Even when i indulged in activitys such as party,drinking,lust and all at the end of the day it didnt do anything for me,then one day i i was asking/catastrophesray why

(wow weird i just spell catastrophes while tryna spell somthin else that errie)
i meant to say asking/praying why,am i here,then somthing told me to meditate..i tryed everything else so i did it and thats when i had a spontatous kundalini awaking,at the time i didnt know what was happening to me i was SCARED sh**t less but it woke me up from this fake reality we live in,i started having obe to other worlds and pyshic and paranormal experiences..dont get me wrong i still feeel like im ready to leave this world but i want to help my fam and friends for whats about to happen,because i feel somthing is coming

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

I wonder why I feel so hollow and empty ??

Perhaps you are spending too much time on ATS?

I know how you feel, I think many here do.
I think it's all coming to a crashing end very soon.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I agree...to a point. I also have the feeling that I should be spending ALOT more time with the people I care about, and love. All this work, and being away from my family is making my feelings of despair even worse. It may not be religion for you, but I tell you praying and changing my life for the better in general, has been helping, but I cant shake this feeling that I need to be with my family, instead of at work 12+ hours a day.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

With all the lying, backstabbing, murdering, raping, stealing going on.....what is the point of it all ???

The point is to learn by knowledge and experience.

An OBE might change the way you see life.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What you have no interests? Of all the things to do in the world to fill that hole with. I think you are just lonley everyone needs someone to think there special . Also asking Jesus might help ,what do you have to lose ? Remember a empty house can be over taken by bad spirits .also cheer up dont take life so serious.Make it your job to cheer someone else up.
cowboy up
Quite whining
get with the program
Get off ATS its almost all gloom and doom
dont read the news its all bad
No worries mate theres really brillant people here on ATS they will fix you up in no time

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Your subconscious beliefs determine the way you see the world. How bout trying to write down some of them and asking why do you believe this? Is this belief limiting the way i see the world? Is it doing me any good? Why do I believe this?

If you think the world is crap you will see more crap. Try finding something or someone you enjoy and focus on that. I bet your life that you will start seeing the beauty again.

It also helps to know that you are not your thoughts. A lot of unhappy people I know get caught in the spiderweb of their own thoughts. There is an awareness behind the thoughts that is truly you. Try observing your thoughts and not getting attached.

Good luck and never give up...its all a ride...enjoy it

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by AKARonco

Family is important and work can take its toll on you especially in this day and age when a 60 hour work week is the norm. Keep up the praying and do not get distracted and when you do have the time to spend with your family point out the fact that you are and that you wish you could do it more. When you pray ask for that time. It is not selfish of you to do so. The faithful get what they ask for on earth as well, your rewards are not just in heaven. Stay strong and never lose your faith. Peace for you I pray.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

With all the lying, backstabbing, .. , stealing going on

I don't know about the OP but I think he has just described my family and my wifes family.

I think it's best I keep away from my family so I don't get dragged into their petty childish lives.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

you do realize he said no religious BS right?

talking to someone about god who specifically doesnt want to hear about god isnt going to help, it just aggravates them. and it marginalizes how he feels.

OP i suggest you find something to do. something big. i get to feeling like you do a lot and having some sort of goal to work towards (even an unattainable one) often helps. maybe find a new area of interest to obsess over for a while.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by lightchild

If you feel your family will not lift you up or simply encourage you the you are correct in doing so. But be sure to kieep them in your daily prayers. I have not made contact with anyone in my family for over 5 years. It hurts but I hand the pain over to God. I never felt happy when I communicated with my family. I have faith one day everything will change in my favor and on that day I will renew my relationships with them all. Whether on earth or in heaven. It is all about having faith. A mustard seed's worth.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hey man,

I think i found your problem.

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
.....and please don't tell me to go out an "volunteer" my time to any inane charity or organization.....it is not going to happen.

Why not?

If you wont go out of your way to help others, others wont go out of their way to help you. If you sit on your ass all day, opportunities wont come to you. You have to make an effort.

The more effort you make, the more opportunities are created, the more chances for the missing thing in your life to become apparent there is.

The more good you can bring about to others, the more good will come about in yours.

Karma.

And why is it not religion that will fill the gap?

Are you already religious? The one thing that can reunite humanity is God, and the more people that can accept that, the more humanity can come together.

All the best.

Love&Light (and i mean that, you need alot of those two if you feel so hollow and empty)

Jacob

EDIT

Check this out too. Might help

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/6/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
I wonder why I feel so hollow and empty ?? It is like there is NOTHING worth being here for.....

Don't you have a passion in life, a hobby, something that gets you jumping up out of bed in the morning? Man, my problem is there ain't enough hours in the day to satisfy everything I would like to do. My favorite hobby is photography, nature, just grabbing the camera and heading outside for a nice hike through the forest. I also enjoy electronics and I always have some project sprawled out on the kitchen table. I also enjoy learning new things and I read a lot. And, to keep my sanity in this crazy world, I love exercising, putting on my in-line skates (a.k.a. rollerblades) and just hitting the trails.

You're not alone you know, I see a lot of people that seem to be living pointless lives. They get up, go to work, come home and flop their ass onto the couch and stair mindlessly at the idiot box. Get rid of the TV if you have one, that will do a lot to free your mind from this weirdo world (I ain't watched the idiot box in about 5 years). Get a hobby you enjoy. You can even make money at a hobby and make it pay for itself. I know people that love woodworking and make beautiful things they sell. Same with photography, you can sell your inspirational photos. Ham radio is a fun hobby. Others love to restore old cars. Some love to learn how to play the guitar, and play in a band. Gardening is another rewarding hobby. The list is endless.

All this b.s. that we have to endure in our world, our lives, becomes worth it if you have something in your life that makes it worth it. Don't waste your life being like those mindless slaves that just go to work and then come home to sit motionless gazing at the idiot box until it's time to go to work again, use it to pursue your passion. You must have something you would like to pursue ... so just get up and do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
God and religion are 2 seperate entities. I am sorry you do not see that way. RELIGION will do no one any good but God is the only answer for anything. That is what I tried to make clear in that post. I apologize.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
JacobNH makes a good point.

Doing good things for others can really bring you up and fill you with good energy which you seem to be lacking. You don't need to join a charity organization to do good. Start simple...hold a door, let someone go in traffic, give a compliment, these things can have a butterfly effect and really change your life.

Also you have to want to change and you dont seem like you do. Diving into all the fear mongering threads on this website dosent help either..take a week off and see how you feel.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Reply to post by bringthelight

Yes at times ATS can be a double-edged sword. My first 2 weeks here brought me down since I only read the doomsayers' threads. It is wise to be aware of your surroundings but it is wiser to be aware of the good in the world and the good things you can accomplish. It is the small things you can do that will make the biggest difference. Happy Thoughts.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You are here to live, to learn, to experience and to love. Life isn't always great or even good, but it isn't always bad or horrible either. Sure there is death, crime and just plain evil that plagues us but without the bad how would ever really learn to appreciate the real good?

You don't have to learn everything or experience everything, nor do you have to love another person, what you do need to do is learn what interests you, experience what gives you pleasure and love yourself and things that make you happy.

Life is filled with darkness so that we may learn to see the light. Religion may or may not be a part of your life and to be quite honest religion and a belief in a god is not necessary, it is the belief in yourself that matter that most.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
people will pop in here and try to tell you the purpose of life, but non of that matters because things are changing and people are starting to feel it. hence this thread.

i find myself looking back a few years and remembering how good things were and now i feel the same way as you. something big is going on on this rock.

await we shall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join