It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
macedonaonline ... should be a hoax ...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
LOL...wooooow..i have beeen saying this for YEARS!! No one listened to me....i always said that the world goes thru mini-ice ages and that due to solar cycles we have warming sessions....hmn, thank god it's been proven by an actual scientist!!...woot! i always knew thinking for myself would yield fruit...LOL now i can shut down every hairy legged jerky chick that touts all this Gore BS about cars and industry destroying the globe( at least in part of the warming aspect)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Actually you have to be very concerned about the CO2 in our air if "TREES" are not planted in mass this planet is going to be in serious trouble.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So, who can tell us about this "Macedonian International News Agency?"

It's a huge site, full of all sorts of stuff.

Is someone trying to say that it's some sort of giant hoax site?

They do seem to report just about every sensational story they can get their hands on...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am quite a long time lurker on here, but this will officially be my first post.

I have just done a little background research on 'FAAL', and do have to say that there is a decent possibility that they are COINTELPRO.
From my own observations of other poster's and contributors to ATS, I personally think that there may be at least the same probability that a number of those who post on this board claiming to 'deny ignorance', are COINTELPRO themselves.

It is always important to remember that COINTELPRO will almost always mix and mash the false lies with actual truth.

But all of that aside, here is some very factual info that there have been some very wild readings from the earths magnetosphere, and a warning had been issued from NOAA (late in the day, on the 28th). Then yesterday, the 29th, the readings had some very erratic out of the norm jumps. Take a look for yourself:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

and here (click on the alert with red stars on the 29th):

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Once again...

We've been on this planet for 100000 years, farmed for 10000, industrialized for 200, fought over evolution for over a century and we've only studied global warming for less than half a century. How can we say what is going on and what is not?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

Interesting, but as others have already stated, a hoax, though I didn't realize that until I saw they were tying it into the Planet X 2012 nonsense that so many are spouting these days. Its an interesting combination of conspiracy theories though, tying Cacye, Atlantis, 2012 and Climate Change all together...

The only thing I agree with in this article is that the Earth is changing and that the West is obsessed with the theory that man is causing those changes even though we've only been polluting the 4 billion year old Earth for about a century and that pollution only taking place in developed regions and the fact that a mere 40 years ago we had ourselves convinced the world was getting colder and we were in for a new ice age...

Still, it was an interesting fictional article, thanks for bringing it to the table

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

The recent geomagnetic activity is really very minor and is the result of some coronal holes on the sun a few days ago. The warning was for persistence, not intensity.

Here is an example of what a real geomagnetic storm looks like on a magnetometer. All we've seen over the past few days are little hiccups.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Gutterpus

Still, it was an interesting fictional article, thanks for bringing it to the table

Actually, this is not a fictional article, this is information that has been known by NASA for sometime, and in fact, they have been releasing information on changes on the other planets over a long period, (Saturn is a really good example), but due to the fact that its only been tid bits have been released by NASA at differing times, it has been left up to other scientists to put this all together to show the world the real truth.

From Divine Cosmos: David Wilcock:

www.divinecosmos.com...

Here’s a brief summary of some initial data points from our exhaustive study, with over 100 mainstream / NASA scientific references:

Sun: Higher activity since 1940 than at any time in previous 11,000 years

Mercury: Unexpected polar ice discovered, along with a surprisingly strong intrinsic magnetic field … for a supposedly “dead” planet

Venus: 2500% increase in auroral brightness, and substantive global atmospheric changes in less than 30 years

Earth: Substantial and obvious world-wide weather and geophysical changes

Mars: “Global Warming,” huge storms, disappearance of polar icecaps

Jupiter: Massive internal warming, over 200% increase in brightness of surrounding plasma clouds

Saturn: Major decrease in rotational speed in only ~20 years, accompanied by surprising surge of X-rays from equator

Uranus: “Really big, big changes” in brightness, increased global cloud activity

Neptune: 40% increase in atmospheric brightness

Pluto: 300% increase in atmospheric pressure, even as Pluto drifts away from the Sun

[edit on 30-6-2009 by The_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think that it is absolutely pathetic that ATS went and slammed the label [HOAX!] on this thread because of the questionable author of the article, and the fact that a couple of their seasoned members started jumping up and down crying HOAX!!

Now it is going to be hard to even get people to take a REAL look at the correlation between the spikes in the magnetoshpere a day ago, and the 2 downed Aircraft, which are both FACTS! Many who look at those facts now may look at them with clouded eyes or not at all, because the mods have labeled the thread a "hoax".

Should I start a new thread entirely so we can discuss FACTS regarding the spike in the readings in the earths magnetoshpere and how that may affect aircraft??

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
what if this is the magnetic shift we have been watiig for

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You make a good point, they really were not that bad. Do you think that these bursts may be able to screw with electronics or aircraft?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Latitude 17 North [North Atlantic Ocean] Latitude 3 South [South Atlantic Ocean] to Latitude 8 North [Indian Ocean] Latitude 19 South [Indian Ocean] between the Longitudes of 46 West, 33 West, 46 East and 33 East,

THIS little excerpt from way back on page 1 should have been a tip-off as to the stupidity and hoaxish nature of this bit.

If you can't see why immediately, then I suggest you go find a globe to look at.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
I think that it is absolutely pathetic that ATS went and slammed the label [HOAX!] on this thread because of the questionable author of the article, and the fact that a couple of their seasoned members started jumping up and down crying HOAX!!

Now it is going to be hard to even get people to take a REAL look at the correlation between the spikes in the magnetoshpere a day ago, and the 2 downed Aircraft, which are both FACTS! Many who look at those facts now may look at them with clouded eyes or not at all, because the mods have labeled the thread a "hoax".

Should I start a new thread entirely so we can discuss FACTS regarding the spike in the readings in the earths magnetoshpere and how that may affect aircraft??

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I agree with you completely. There are some real determinations to be made and investigated from this article. Yes, Sorchaa Faal is a suspect character but there have been threads in the last few days that have been talking about unusual sun activity, etc. What about the supposed "ocean" forming in Ethiopia? Is that true? We should check that out.

What about the claims of a strong gravitational pull from the outer solar system? Can that be corroborated?

I'm going to find out. I don't think you should label a thread as a hoax just because of the author.

Also, I am very disappointed that this was labeled as such because there's a very hateful thread going on about something Andy Rooney supposedly said on 60 minutes and it was proven he never said it. It wasn't labeled as a hoax. People didn't think it should because the content of what was said was something that made for good discussion. And I agree with that.

But I also feel that way about this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
That ocean? Right now it’s a rift. Give it a couple of million years.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Geologists witness 'ocean birth'
By Roland Pease
BBC science unit, San Francisco
8 December 2005
Scientists say they have witnessed the possible birth of a future ocean basin growing in north-eastern Ethiopia.

The team watched an 8m rift develop in the ground in just three weeks in the Afar desert region last September.

It is one small step in a long-term split that is tearing the east of the country from the rest of Africa and should eventually create a huge sea.

The UK-Ethiopian group says it was astonished at the speed with which the 60km-long fissure system developed.

"It's the first large event we've seen like this in a rift zone since the advent of some of the space-based techniques we're now using, and which give us a resolution and a detail to see what's really going on and how the earth processes work; it's amazing," said Cindy Ebinger, from Royal Holloway University of London.

Professor Ebinger and colleagues described the event here at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting.

Earth forces

In the far-distant past, oceans such as the Atlantic have formed when supercontinents have torn apart.

Indeed, North America and Europe are still moving in opposite directions at about the pace fingernails grow.

Researchers have long recognised that the Afar region, an inhospitable depression in north-eastern Ethiopia, has been contorted by similar forces in recent geological time.

But the event in September is said to be unprecedented in scientific history.

It began with a large earthquake on the 14th of the month and continued with a swarm of moderate tremors.

Start and stop

"About a week into the sequence, there was a volcanic eruption," explained Dr Ebinger.

"A lot of ash was thrown up in the air, and a lot of cracks appeared in the ground; some of which were more than a metre wide.

"Using satellite techniques we can see ground deformation, and about a month after the sequence, we could see a 60km long section had opened up, and it opened up about 8m in its central part.

"It appears that we've seen the birth of an ocean basin."

The movements of September are only a small part of what would be needed to create a whole ocean - the complete process takes millions of years - and in other regions of the planet, ocean development has been started only to stall at a later time.

But the Afar event has given geologists a unique opportunity to study the rupture process at close quarters.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

What about the claims of a strong gravitational pull from the outer solar system? Can that be corroborated?

The "outer solar system'? You do know how far away that is, correct?

When you understand the force of gravity you won't need to ask that question, and you won't be fooled by charlatans who try to claim it as "fact".

The force of gravity weakens in an inverse proportion to distance. That is, if you start at a point and move two units away from a mass, the gravitational influence of that mass is reduced by the square of the distance, or in this case by a factor of four.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by nunya13

The "outer solar system'? You do know how far away that is, correct?

When you understand the force of gravity you won't need to ask that question, and you won't be fooled by charlatans who try to claim it as "fact".

You really ought to stop clutching onto the "science" which you were taught in grade school, like the religious clutch their bible...and open your eyes and mind.

Let's see what real scientists/people without their blinders on are reporting these days:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Earth-Size Planet to Be Found in Outer Solar System?

Julian Ryall
for National Geographic News
March 17, 2008

A planet roughly the size of Earth could be tracing a vast, elliptical orbit at the outer edge of our solar system—and astronomers in Japan think they know where to find it.

The presence of this unnamed body has been suggested before, noted Tadashi Mukai, a professor at Kobe University's department of earth and planetary sciences.

"We have been able to identify more than 1,100 objects beyond Neptune since 1992, and a huge number of objects are showing large orbital eccentricities and elliptical orbits," Mukai said.

This suggests that a body with sizeable mass must be influencing the movement of these objects by exerting a gravitational pull.

But the extreme distance and unusual orbit of the elusive "Planet X" have made it difficult to spot even with the most advanced telescopes.

In a paper appearing in an upcoming issue of the Astronomical Journal, Mukai and colleagues propose that other researchers have simply been looking in the wrong place.

"We have reached our conclusions from simulations that explain the orbital elements," Mukai said.

"We are now looking in places that we have not looked before, and I think we will be able to see the planet within the next five or ten years."

Big, But Light

The eight known planets in our solar system are on very similar elliptical orbits and are all almost within the ecliptic plane, the geometric plane that roughly describes Earth's orbit around the sun.

"Most surveys [looking for Planet X] are concentrated toward the ecliptic plane, since that is where most solar system objects concentrate," said Mark Sykes, director of the Planetary Science Institute in Tucson, Arizona.

The new models, however, suggest that Planet X is circling the sun on a 20 to 40 degree angle relative to the ecliptic plane.

"The discovery of new planets with higher inclinations, like [the dwarf planet] Eris, encourages more searches of those regions," Sykes said. (What is a dwarf planet?)

In addition to its odd orbit, Planet X should have a diameter between 6,200 and 9,900 miles (10,000 and 16,000 kilometers), according to Mukai's team.

By contrast, Earth's diameter is about 7,900 miles (12,800 kilometers).

Despite its size, the planet will probably have a far lower density than Earth, the researchers think.

Earth has iron at its core, but if Planet X formed in the outer reaches of the solar system, it will have stone at its center and a mantle of ice.

The surface of the planet will probably be similar to that of Pluto—covered with ice made of water, ammonia, or methane with a surface temperature between -423.7 and -405.7 degrees Fahrenheit (-253.1 and -243.1 degrees Celsius).

Alternatively, if it is a "rogue" planet that took shape in the inner reaches of the solar system, the body could be mostly rock with a metallic core and its primordial atmosphere frozen on its surface.

Planet X's strange, oblong orbit means that it would take the object about a thousand years to orbit the sun, the researchers say, which could be one reason no one has spotted it yet.

What's more, the body's closest approach would bring it only within 80 astronomical units (AUs

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
why is this a hoax you have proof???? wtf

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You said what I was kind of thinking. Was the "hoax" trigger pulled a little fast? Don't know, and I don't really know much about the article's author. Also, I consider Joe Biden's quote about not flying. Yea, I know it was supposedly regarding the Mexican Flu but I know just a little bit about audacity and hiding in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

You're referring to an article that discusses a mass, possibly in the vicinity of, or outside of, the Oort Cloud. This is not "New" news. It's been speculated about for decades, one way to explain the perturbations in the Oort Cloud that send comets into highly elliptical orbits into the inner Solar System.

MY point was merely that this unknown force, whether it be a very large 'cold' object of some sort ('cold' because otherwise infrared could detect it, possibly) or that mysterious 'dark matter' that is theorized to explain galactic motions, whatever is that far away will affect things nearby, of course...but not the Earth!!!

I'm all for new discoveries, and expanding science knowledge, but not at the risk of promoting nonsense theories...

This "Planet X" myth is just an example of the lack of general science and astronomy knowledge that permeates society. "Planet X" probably is an outgrowth of the speculation of a possible 'tenth planet' (hence the Roman Numeral 'X') outside the orbit of Pluto....since Pluto used to be considered the 'Ninth' planet. Problem is, in English, 'X' connotes the mysterious 'something'!! Ooooohhhh!!! The "X-files"....the "X-factor", and so on....the myth grew....

In any event, the the Russian 'connection' has been shown to be a hoax, and to try to draw a connection between a mass in the outer Solar System and an airplane crash on Earth is beyond ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join