It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/7: The Conspiracy Files BBC2 9pm 30/06/09

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just thought id post incase anybody was in the Uk wanted to see this. Sounds interesting. Tonight at 9pm on BBC2

The makers of the series separating fact from overheated fiction have produced this programme on England's worst terrorist atrocity. There have been three official reports into the London bombings on 7 July 2005, but for a network of sceptics these are no more than a cover-up job for what they believe was a government conspiracy to frame British Muslims. The programme was still being edited as RT (RadioTimes) went to press, but it promises to help defuse some of the wilful paranoia that flourishes online

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
First 1/4 was good, then the BBC (government/public funded) obviously went on to demonise the maker of 7/7 Ripple Effect and Conspiracy Theorists in general

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I agree I was suprised at the start. They seemed to be asking fairly decent questions about government 'evidence' and then by the end they were spouting all sorts of claims without even trying to back them up with evidence.

The way they critisised people for making baseless accusations against others and then later turned around and did the same back was brilliant and classic 'unbiased' BBC conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yep. My thoughts exactly. I was just on my way back to this thread to post my views. Looks like you guys were spot on already. Started out good. But in the end they just made the conspiracy theorists out to be loons. Don't know why i expected anything else really. Ah well

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
dont trust the conspracy theorist as they are nut cases. also muah deeb may sound like a muslim name but when i heard it i knew what film it was but only later they confirmed as a science fiction film why not at the same time?.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by mad bloke]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That was possibly the most UNABASHED government propaganda I have EVER seen.
It started off relatively good, but within fifteen minutes, we had government mouthpieces, inflammatory language, disparaging comments, and hell, they even brought out the "holocaust denier" ragebuilder.

My favourite line in that whole thing had to be "you have made a film that is damaging trust in the British government".

Yeah, because they are so VENERATED and RESPECTED right now.

I'm shocked at this to be honest. Just proves, as always, that the BBC is politically independent... right? Right?

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was going to watch it but Sharpe was on the other side. From some of the comments it doesn't sound like I missed alot. I'm sure like everyone else here I would have heard most of the information before. But it's good they're getting it to a wider audience.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i alsow noticed half way through it was going against the conspiracy people which got my goat a bit. trying to say they are all liers.

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What a crock that programme was.

Whilst i do struggle with the conspiracy of 7/7 a lot more than 9/11, that programme just got worse as it went on.

So now we'll all be labelled as Holacaust deniers and self proclaimed messiahs!

Probably the worst conspiracy programme i've seen yet.

CX.

[edit on 30/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The bits that got me worried was "The Government will do its best to disprove these Conspiracy Theorists", almost sounded like The Smoking Man from the X-Files about to take someone down who crossed his path.

As for taking away Muslims trust by the Government, I think that did that all by themselves by waging a war in the Middle East that was unecessary and any idiot can see the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks were planted to gain the governments popularity vote for the "war on terror."

The whole programme felt to me like a threat to anyone who dared question the tactics used by Blair/Bush in order to go to war for whatever puropse they have, its almost communist in its approach (and here I was thinking we lived in England and not North Korea.)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mad bloke

Whilst I agree that it was an unabashed propaganda film, I have to wonder why muah deeb didn't say a word when he was confronted?

And how the hell did they even find the guy?

I still do think though, that "ripple effect" is very interesting doc regardless who made it. To me I suspect judging from his background (mauh deeb) that it was passed through him not made by him. Maybe his different sounding voice would of gave it away thats why he didn't utter a word when confronted?

Simulated terror drills conducted for a "client" (has it been made known who this client is?) in the same stations as the explosions does it for me. Just what are the odds?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sounds like it didn't say what some people wanted to hear. Therefore it must have been wrong/biased/disinfo/propoganda/lies.

Of course, it might have been telling the truth ...... but who wants to believe that?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Sounds like it didn't say what some people wanted to hear. Therefore it must have been wrong/biased/disinfo/propoganda/lies.

Of course, it might have been telling the truth ...... but who wants to believe that?

I never thought there was a conspiracy behind the 7/7 attack, it never even crossed my mind, to be entirely honest, but the tone of the program honestly smacked of government propaganda. The narrator's voice went from calm to downright malicious, impartial to partisan.

It was shocking.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What did you really expect from the bbc?

These are the ones who didnt want to seem bias towards either side in the gaza conflict by coming down on the israeli side.

The only real way you can protest is cancel your direct debit for the tv licsense.

I did, and they kept coming round and i kept telling them why i refused to get one because unless they see you recieve a picture on your set and you sign a form agreeing such they cannot touch you.

Refuse to speak to them & shut the door - end off, powerless!

They dont bother me any more.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Not sure where you get your info from, the BBC has routinly been criticised for being anti Israel.
All in all the Beeb is good value, and is not tied to advertisers and sponsors.

I watched the programme, imo there was no conspiracy, the government has fueled these nutters by not having a public inquiry, but that is nothing unusual.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Ah well i suppose it depends on what side of the fence you sit on as to how you view the bbc.

To me it is a govt propaganda tool & they are always last to report anything that seems to show the govt or its policies in a bad light.
Just look at the g20 incidents, shown on channel 4 or itn before the bbc.

I was originally referring to there refusal to show the gaza appeal on the bbc.

edit - The one sided reporting on gaza(ch4 sowed it for what it really was) and that refusal to show the appeal was why i cancelled my licsense.

[edit on 30/6/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy

I watched the programme, imo there was no conspiracy,...

Then the BBC have done their job quite nicely.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The BBC has played it's hand now. The program was one of the worst examples of so-called investigative journalism I have seen yet. It was a witch hunt that played on the activities of an ill man - Mr Kell.

The film has sought to attack the entire conspiracy theory movement, and to enforce the government line. The BBC has shown, in this single program, that it is no longer in any way shape or form, an independent state news channel. It is government controlled, spewing out government propaganda all over the place. I am utterly sickened.

Whilst I hold different theories to those presented in the film, I utterly resent the loaded language, and Neuro-Linguistic practices adopted in the film. They may as well have put up a picture of people like Alex Jones and said "You're getting too close, back off or you're next!"

Absolutely disgusting.

I have made am official complaint to the BBC about this farce.

I will let you know what I get back.

The Para.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Parallex]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The programme did some good debunking but it was so, so, so horrible that they tried to suggest Ripple Effect was RESPONSIBLE for terrorism. Praying on public reactions to stereotypes when they see it being played in a mosque.... added to this the woman who was a debunker... she did most of the suggesting tbh but the programme really mad me mad!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I watched the BBC program 7/7 Conspiracy Files and it is typical BBC propaganda. It was just pathetic.

After that I watched the 7/7/ Ripple Effect video and it raises some very interesting questions.

I advise anyone who is interested in the 7/7/ London terror attack to watch it and judge for themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join