It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Teens Shot at Detroit Bus Stop Near High School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Several Teens Shot at Detroit Bus Stop Near High School

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: Several teenagers were shot Tuesday at a bus stop near a Detroit high school after summer school classes ended, but there were conflicting reports about how many victims there were and whether they are students.

One local radio station said seven were shot, all of them students at Cody High School who had just finished the day's summer school session.

The Associated Press said five teens were shot, and it wasn't immediately known whether any of them were students.

Police to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ah man here we go again
I hope this isn't another school shooting because everytime there's a school shooting there's ALWAYS more imminent ones to come. I don't know why but it is.

And even like the Virginia tech shooting, there's conflicting media reports.

My condolences goes to the families of the victims.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is prime time for police brutality. If I were related to someone hurt or killed this way, it would not be safe anywhere in the world for the people responsible or anyone enabling or protecting them?

The police should take out all their aggression on the gangbangers and dealers and thugs in this neighborhood. A swift and severe crackdown to serve as an example.

I am not normally an advocate of police action, but when innocent kids (even highschoolers) are victimized needlessly, there needs to be an overwhelming response! The backlash of this should linger in the minds of the bad guys for years!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This stuff happens all the time here. I live a block away from Detroit I hear gun shots every night. Across the border they shoot at anything that moves it seems like. I hear it all from pistols to fully automatic assault riffles. Persoanly I think they need to fence the city off demolish it and send the people back to they're country of origin.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The latest info I got from a friend in Detroit is that they were shot at a gas station near the school and that it's actually 7 people that were shot.

Although, at the beginning stages of a story like this there's always going to be different accounts until things get settled.

The location is apparently West Warren & Southfield for those who live in the area and might be familiar...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Forgive my ignorance but you live a block away from Detroit and not IN Detroit? And there is a border?

I have never visited Detroit but it seems that all news coming from there is bad news.... and it seems like it's getting worse. Very high unemployment can't help that either.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Forgive my ignorance but you live a block away from Detroit and not IN Detroit? And there is a border?

I have never visited Detroit but it seems that all news coming from there is bad news.... and it seems like it's getting worse. Very high unemployment can't help that either.

Even in the best of times this place is a cesspool of filth and knuckle dragging criminals. We need a new direction in the inner cities of America.

I really think we need to bring STRESS back. Criminals need to be stopped in this city. I am sick of seeing the criminal punks getting their rights while the dead are forgotten.

I say we need a Charles Bronson in this city...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by northof8]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yeah theres a border you have the inner city and then the subburbs. 8 mile rd seperates the inner city from the burbs.

The Detroit area used to be one of the most segragated cities in the country. One side of 8 mile rd used to be mostly white and the other mostly black.

Most of Detroit is nothing but a cespool. I think the graduation rate is something like 35%. You can tell by the way most of them drive and the political figures they ellect.

I've seen it all in this area. I almost walked into a gas station with 3 guys holding shotguns. I saw what was going on and took off. My exgirlfriends sister was shot in the neck on prom night at a gas station. She was being harrassed by a bunch of goons. She told them off so one of them pulled a gun. Last week there were 2 guys in the area with ak 47's robbing people. This stuff happens all the time I could go on and on.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No it's not a school shooting, more than likely gang related. This is from an article from two hours ago, apparently they were looking for a particular person.

The gunmen exited a vehicle and “asked for a person by name” before they “opened fire at the crowd,” said the Detroit Public Schools police chief, Roderick Grimes.

A gas station owner, Steve Hakim, said he had seen two people with T-shirts covering their heads run across his lot toward the bus stop. Then, Mr. Hakim said, he heard about 10 gunshots, saw a boy and a girl fall and called 911.

The wounded teenagers, four boys and three girls, are ages 14 to 17, Mr. Liggons said. Two of them are in critical condition, he said.

The police were reviewing video taken from the gas station’s security cameras, Mr. Hakim said.

www.nytimes.com...

Hopefully they'll get something useful from the gas stations video.

Or maybe at least one of the students knew who the shooters were, according to this article it seems as though they knew who the shooters were looking for.

Police say they still do not have a motive for the crime. The Detroit News reported that one of the men said "You know who we're looking for," before shooting 15 rounds of ammunition at the teens.

"I was standing at the bus stop next to him," she told the Detroit Free Press. "That bullet came too close. I?m not coming back to this school."

news.yahoo.com...

If i was her parent i wouldn't allow her to go back either. What is this country coming to when our kids are not safe going to and coming from school !

The newspaper said people in the area said the shooting was related to an argument Monday at Cody Ninth Grade Academy.

www.upi.com...

That wouldn't surprise me at all, it seems like an arguement is all that's needed these days to justify such violence in some people's minds

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by northof8

I say we need a Charles Bronson in this city...

It sounds like you are correct. I say the citizens wage war on the gangs. Anyone in gang attire, flashing signs, tattoos, or other ways of identifying themselves need to be drug into the street and made an example of!

You guys should make it too dangerous to associate with any gang! Anyone bragging about a gang, or making innuendos or threats should be taken at their word and beat in the streets and left there as an example.

I guarantee, if my child were injured by these cowardly drive-by shootings, or random gun-fire "sprayed" into a crowd, I would turn the tables on them. I would learn their signs, their tats, their hangouts, and I would take them out one by one by one until nobody eonsidered admitting their affiliation, and these thugs were afraid to be seen with one another!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

Yeah theres a border you have the inner city and then the subburbs. 8 mile rd seperates the inner city from the burbs.

The Detroit area used to be one of the most segragated cities in the country. One side of 8 mile rd used to be mostly white and the other mostly black.

Most of Detroit is nothing but a cespool. I think the graduation rate is something like 35%. You can tell by the way most of them drive and the political figures they ellect.

I've seen it all in this area. I almost walked into a gas station with 3 guys holding shotguns. I saw what was going on and took off. My exgirlfriends sister was shot in the neck on prom night at a gas station. She was being harrassed by a bunch of goons. She told them off so one of them pulled a gun. Last week there were 2 guys in the area with ak 47's robbing people. This stuff happens all the time I could go on and on.

Ya sounds familiar. I lived there for quite a bit. There was even an RPG-7 Launched a police car that missed in 2006. The place is nuts and a great example of political correctness unchecked. Needs to be razed and everybody living there given 50,000$ to relocate.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Spartak_FL

The place is nuts and a great example of political correctness unchecked. Needs to be razed and everybody living there given 50,000$ to relocate.

Ya, send them to my old town on the MO, KS, OK, AR border. Small Midwestern town, everybody loves to fight. Everybody owns guns. Everybody defends their own property with force! These guys will shape up or disappear into the old mining holes pretty quickly!!!!

top topics

join