It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the magnetic field today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
These variances come on the heels of a nice "burp" from the Sun over the entire weekend, details in the thread in my signature..

Anyone have anything to say about this?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4920e48b8afe.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There was another airplane crash today! There are also the sunspots in a linear formation.

Don't know what is relavent and what isn't. Thanks for charts!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I see you like playing with Charts, I dont know if you this one but could be useful to you if you want to see any of these bursts fits any theory of yours !!

Real-Time Gamma-Ray map

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

THANK YOU! Another piece of the puzzle! A very important one at that!

Edit to add: there are GRB events before and AFTER June 01/09, none on that day. I need to study more about this so I can interpret this new data. Thanks again.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

And yeah I'm not sure that crash was related. It's POSSIBLE, but I don't think so.

But yeah, looking at the data as I have for the last three weeks (quite intensely, my friends have been barely able to pull me away from the computer to eat or have a beer..) I'd have to say that it's started.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This sounds dumb, but if the planets barycenter resides inside the sun or very close to it, it will explain why the sunspots facing earth have the same size, So those for spots could be four bodies on the same side on the sun. Sounds dumb I know, you must read more on it to understand it .. It is like balancing an sladgehammer on your finger, the barycenter is at the heaviest side, think of the sun as the heavy part of the sledgehammer and earth is at the light end.
That is why the planets in cycles are going in new or get altered orbits, as if saturn,nuptun and jupiter is on the same side of the sun, the barycenter of those planets are on one side of the sun. Phew.. Along those lines..

(sitting here watching a two jour tube with Kent Hovin redicule thre Evo junkies . Fun as hell. )

[edit on 30-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I see you like playing with Charts, I don't know if you this one but could be useful to you if you want to see any of these bursts fits any theory of yours !!

Real-Time Gamma-Ray map

Now this is neat...

Bookmarked and will go back to it to try and figure out exactly what it is saying.

Thank-You very much

edit for "y" being stuck on keyboard

[edit on 6/30/2009 by tribewilder]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Dont mention it, use it wisely !!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I don't think it sounds dumb, it makes sense as you explain it, but ... I have a hard time understanding orbital mechanics sometimes. Celestia helps.

And if this is the case, and these unknown bodies create the sunspots, (there are four of these spots like, distributed ever 90 degrees??) then they have to come back every solar cycle, leading me to believe that we'd have some solid proof by now, and not just sketchy youtube videos..

Now I assume that external processes affect the suns activity with the worst on record being the Carrington event, and the Maunder minimum being other side of the coin, but I mean

It could be Richard Branson. He's like the crazy rich guy in "Contact" haha..

PLUS: He has spacecraft. Think about it, people!

I gotta run!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d30b5118eafd.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread just popped up. It is not mine, but it definitely applies to what is being discussed here! There have been a lot of magnetic anomalies lately, and with the rumored pole shift upcoming, this will be something to watch!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have found www.spaceweather.com to be a good sun website, particularly for a non-hard science type (like me).

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If Phage says that this is a hoax (and he does), I'm inclined to believe him..

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
GRB 090621B is pretty interesting

grb.sonoma.edu...
''This burst had a single spike lasting less than 128 millisecond. The XRT began observing the field ~71 seconds after the trigger, finding a faint, uncatalogued x-ray source within the BAT error circle. The UVOT starting observing the field 76 seconds after the trigger, but no OC was found In the initial data. The UVOT limiting magnitude was approximately 18 (unfiltered).

Observations from the ground were not able to find an afterglow. However, observers using the 4.2 meter William Herschel Telescope in the Canary Islands obtained observations from ~1.7 to ~2.3 hours after the trigger. While they found no afterglow, they did find a very faint, non-variable object within the XRT error circle in their i-band images. No magnitude is reported (GCN 9547). Observers at the Russian-Turkish 1.5 meter telescope (Turkey) confirmed the object above, saying they marginally detect it. They also report a brighter, point-like object with Rc = 21.8 +/- 0.06 (based on USNO-B1). Their limiting magnitude is reported to be Rc ~ 23.6 (GCN 9549).

The VLA was used to observe the field at 8.46 GHz beginning 14.6 hours after the burst. No source was found to a 3 sigma limit of 54 uJy (GCN 9555). ''

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Jul 9 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow that is very interesting especially after reading this thread about a possible event this July 7, 2009. We may be headed for a rough road coming soon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join