It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taguba Iraqi detainee abuse report (PDF)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is the now infamous Taguba Iraqi detainee abuse report.
MG Antonio M. Taguba, was asked to conduct an informal investigation into allegations of abuse by 800th MP Brigade’s detention and internment operations at Abu Ghraib Prison.

This investigation followed a previous investigation into allegations made against members of the 372nd MP Company, 320th MP Battalion in Iraq, a part of the 800th MP brigade. That investigation was initiated because of reports of abuse and detainee escapes. Four Soldiers from the 320th MP Battalion had been formally charged with detainee abuse in May 2003 at the Theater Internment Facility (TIF) at Camp Bucca, Iraq.

During the Taguba investigation, they analyzed about 50 witness statements from military police and military intelligence as well as numerous photographs and videos of the abuse which are now (at the time of the report) in the hands of US Army Criminal Investigation Command and the CJTF-7 prosecution team.

The findings of that investigation have now been broadcast around the world.
Here is the complete report:
Taguba Iraqi detainee abuse report. PDF

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good grief that .pdf is looong.
After reading it, I remembered an earlier article I ran across......this is a Rumsfield and Brig.Gen. Karpinski PING:
Bush Annoyed with Rumsfeld Over Iraq Abuse, Aides Say

Found this pic at the antiwar.com site:

Honor, shame, and decency has been temporarily forsaken....
Utterly deplorable and not acceptable of those higher up the military chain of command. I noticed that the .pdf mention 7 officers that have been already reprimanded. I would suspect more will also be charged in these actions that are totally 'unbecoming of an officer(s) in charge.'

seekerof

new topics

join