It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child found alive after plane crashes in sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Child found alive after plane crashes in sea

edition.cnn.com

A massive rescue effort was under way Tuesday after a young child was found among the wreckage of a downed Yemeni jet off the coast of Comoros in the Indian Ocean.

"One child is alive and we hope to find more," Yemenia Airways chairman Capt. Abdulkhalek al-Kadi told CNN. The child has been taken to a hospital.

The French Navy is sending ships and a plan to help Yemeni authorities try to find any more survivors, he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow this is fantastic.

I'm so glad that if anything, children have been spared in this horrific incident.

Hopefully they will be able to find other's and the search rescue will prove successfull.

What are you thoughts folks? Any news to what happened?

I figure lighting strike or turbulance, but you never known these days, seems more and more planes are going down. Is it mother nature, or perhaps something more sinister going on?

I mean I can count what...3 plane crashes in the span of 4 months. Isn't that a little high?

~Keeper

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/30/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to have good news for once...even thou it's coming from a tragedy...

Le'ts hope there are more! I really thought this was going to be another all dead crash.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Italian news say that a 14 years old girl ( not 5 years old like some news was telling ) and the pilot are alive.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Brazilian news reported yesterday (My wife is from Brazil) that a 5 year old was recovered. Interesting to note, she told me about the plan crash a full half hour before it was on AOL or google news. Makes you wonder if that kind of news had to be filtered before it went thru our government run media.

I also read that this flight had a stop over in France. Didnt the last one that crashed into the ocean have French connections?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow, crazy news. I wonder if that child is like a young wolverine (from x-men)...probably not, but it's a little bit of good news in an otherwise horrible situation.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
edit- double post

[edit on 30-6-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I mean I can count what...3 plane crashes in the span of 4 months. Isn't that a little high?

Well that plane is from Yemenia airlines, I heard they do not have the autorization to fly in the European Union because they suck at maintenance.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the plane did not fly over france. Kinda far considering it was leaving Yemen to just above Madagascar. France is no where near that area. Look at a map.

Ill bet that there will be less coverage from this downed plane due to it had no Europeans on it. Sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another French plane right.
And went through the equator storm belt.

Lets test this plane on how many times it can cross
the equatorial storm belt and survive.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
the plane did not fly over france. Kinda far considering it was leaving Yemen to just above Madagascar. France is no where near that area. Look at a map.

Ill bet that there will be less coverage from this downed plane due to it had no Europeans on it. Sad.

www.google.com...

I didnt need to look at a map, I just needed to have basic reading skills. Do a small bit of research and you will see this plane stopped in Paris...hence the French connection. Speaking of maps, you'll find Paris is in France

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For anyone who might find this interesting...,

There have been reports of intense geomagnetic fluctuations around the tectonic plate of the African Continent. In fact, Russia has issued a warning to all of it's airline traffic regarding the area (rather large) which seems to be magnetically overactive.

I'm glad they found at least one survivor, but I wonder if we could be in for more of these tragedies..., and if the magnetic fluctuations are responsible....?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Beat me to it!!!

Here's an article about what Russia believes is happening in this area, ...

Russians order Flight Changes, after Massive Magnetic Shift downs Airliners...

Russian Air Force Commanders have issued warnings to all of their aircraft to exercise “extreme caution” during flights “in and around” an area defined as Latitude 17 North [North Atlantic Ocean] Latitude 3 South [South Atlantic Ocean] to Latitude 8 North [Indian Ocean] Latitude 19 South [Indian Ocean] between the Longitudes of 46 West, 33 West, 46 East and 33 East, and which covers the greater part of the African Tectonic Plate.

The reason for this unprecedented warning, these reports state, are the rapid formations of “geomagnetic storms” emanating from the boundaries of the African Tectonic Plate that due to their intensity have caused the loss of two major passenger aircraft during the past month leaving nearly 300 men, women and children dead.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Various media are still reporting about 5 year old boy or a 14 year old girl that survived.
Is it so difficult to tell the difference?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I can't imagine the horror this child must have gone through

REMARKABLE details have emerged of the survival of a 14-year-old girl - the only person to be found alive after an Indian Ocean plane crash.

The teenager was pulled from the sea after being spotted swimming among bodies and wreckage from the Yemenia airline flight.

And here is a European/French connection. news.com.au

The flight left Paris on Monday for Marseille and Sanaa, where passengers switched to the older Airbus to continue to Djibouti and Moroni.

French civil aviation officials said 66 passengers were French. Many of the passengers were likely to hold dual nationality, however. Three babies were among the passengers, officials said.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
And here is an interesting tidbit...an AIG connection

PARIS, June 30 (Reuters) - The Airbus plane which crashed off the Comoros islands early on Tuesday did not belong to its operator Yemenia but had been leased from International Lease Finance Corp, an industry source said.

ILFC, part of the recently rescued insurance giant AIG , is one of two leading global aircraft lessors and its fleet of almost 1,000 aircraft is among the world's largest.

The firm is in the process of being sold to help repay the U.S. government for a federal bailout of troubled AIG.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Looks like AIG can't manage its assets.

Fidelity Funds had a manager that went to every company
and perhaps kept track of the ins and outs of each company.

Good for AIG in this case.
Buying into an aircraft company without knowing anything about
the industry is like one of Gordon Ramsey restaurant shows
when someone buys a restaurant without knowing what to do.

The French connection is the Air Bus made in France.
Or EU perhaps.

top topics

join