It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black smoke ring anomalies!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I noticed this kind of phenomenon this week when i saw an episode of ufo hunters "Rex Heflin case"aroun 5min20 of this video.
www.youtube.com...
then just today i came across a whole bunch more?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
was wondering if any of you have any idea or opinion on what this could be?
hope this theme was not posted yet. if so forgive me i am pretty new on posting new threads.

Happy Canada day to all you Canadians on ATS! EH!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. Here´s another one:
www.youtube.com...
and a white one, that disappears suddenly. looks weird, and it was uploaded by the person, that uploaded the mexico one:
www.youtube.com...
edit:
and here one from 1957:
www.youtube.com...
the user uploaded a few of those:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I Think if it is related to ufo's it might be smoke left behing by some kind of take off thruster or maybe some sort of camo device wich leaves an black outline of the camouflaged objetct. here is an example of optical camo.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It certainly does seem like a narrow smoke ring. Thinking about it I can tll as much.

The smoke ring is constant, it doesn't seem to be influenced by wind that much initially. It seems to have no appearent source towards it's making. It's high location and shape makes it pretty much impossible to say it is man-made. Anything ground based could hardly be accepted as the source. If we look at smoke rings made by people that smoke sigarettes and sigares we can see the smoke rings dispurse. Even if we assume that the source on the ground is making rings that are undilating and constant the rise upwards should create variances in the smokering and thus letting the ring brake up as it rises. This is not the case.

There are as of yet no known natural fenomenons that can create such smoke rings during the day, neither can frosted air and sunreflections cause them.

Any manmade flying abject could only create the object if it where to hover stabily in the air and disperse it evenly, and then, to top it off, fly away without disturbing the smokering. There are no known manmade objects that can do this properly. (not even hot air balloons) As of current time moment there is only one possible manmade top-secret aircraft in existence that can cause the phenomenon. Counting in it happend during broad daylite above cities it is unlikely that project would have been used for this purpose.

With the elimination of known phenomenons and technology we can state the following:

The smoke ring can't be explained by any known wether phenomenon. The smoke ring can't be explained by ground based terrestrial sources, or air born terrestrial source.

---------------------------------------
Starting hypothesis:

Possible sources available for the creation of smoke rings:

U.F.O.'s:
- PRO:Stil hovering UFO's based upon gravimetrical drives can hover stil enough in the air and can have a circular shap. The gravimetrical drives move no air, thus it would not disturb the rings, the round shap wuld explain a round smoke ring if it was evenly dispersed.
- CON:Gravimetrical drives do not cause smoke rings. Any particular logical reason can't be explained as of yet. It would seem inlogical that a malfuncion would cause even spread of smoke even when the smoke would be expelled from inside the UFO. Also, no UFO was seen, the smoke would nullify the use of any cloaking device which would seem an unligical step in order for a cloaked UFO to make.

Gateway's and interdimensional portals:
- PRO: Gateways and interdimensional portels can cause ring shaped form on the far side of the designated target. It would seem plausible to assume a portal that failed to open would leave a black smokelike ring behind as a result of overcharging capacitors. Black matter residue, if refined would most likelike also create simular black smoke rings, considering that black amtter is a potential powerfull resource of energy it could be used to charge gateways and portal devices.
-CON: Gateways and portals usually rely on a two way system to make the opening easier. It seems unlikely that a source bend on invasion would try to open a portal from just one side and then fail to do so. At the very least they would have tested the gateway device in simular conditions on other locations to ensure maximum succes of opening a gateway.

-- END OF TRANSMISSION --

[edit on 30-6-2009 by AncientShade]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The video in King dominion theme park is not a UFO. It's a ring of smoke made by a volcano roller coaster . The video you've linked is not the original. This is the original

The video you've linked is from June19 while this one is from June13.
In the description, the original poster say :

''I am convinced now that this smoke ring did come from the volcano ride. There was not much wind that day, so the smoke ring somehow stayed intact . . . I'm not sure how, but it did. I have spoken with others from my work who were there and they have said they witnessed the same smoke ring actually come from the Volcano ride. I hope this clears up some of the questions out there. ''

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Jigore]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i always assumed that if it was a UFO it had cloaking ability and the "ring" portion was just the edge of the UFO not being cloaked as well as the rest

[edit on 30-6-2009 by oldgoat]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
pretty convincing to me! Star & Flag on this! Flag for the methodology of research using UFO Hunters as a reference vid. Good Job!

so, here's been my question: could we have had such technology in '57? This craft was appox. 20ft/diameter, the tech we have NOW, it certainly might have. In 57; 3 years after Roswell??? hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore
The video in King dominion theme park is not a UFO. It's a ring of smoke made by a volcano roller coaster . The video you've linked is not the original. This is the original

The video you've linked is from June19 while this one is from June13.
In the description, the original poster say :

''I am convinced now that this smoke ring did come from the volcano ride. There was not much wind that day, so the smoke ring somehow stayed intact . . . I'm not sure how, but it did. I have spoken with others from my work who were there and they have said they witnessed the same smoke ring actually come from the Volcano ride. I hope this clears up some of the questions out there. ''

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Jigore]

Interesting. i thought the wind would not be able to let it rise like that. It does however not explain earlier sightings of simular results. Thou one could possibly argue that they came from simular sources. (except ofcourse, no amusementparks existed in that time that had rides advanced enough to creature such things, but industires might)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We witnessed a perfect smoke ring (white) hovering over Sydney for quite some time after last New Years Eve fireworks display. It looked quite spectacular as it was close to the moon, held its shape for a long time and was quite large. I dare say hundreds, if not thousands of people would have seen it.

I just thought I'd throw this in there as a possible cause of some of these smoke rings. We all assumed it was an effect of the fireworks but, then again, maybe it was the remnants of a cloaked alien ship come to enjoy Sydney's NYE bash? heh Who knows?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Canada day is on the first, it's not the first :S

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by accuroman

I'm of the opinion the dark cloud is of ionized air giving off a dark violet light.
Created from some operation of a high voltage Tesla ship.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by accuroman

I'm of the opinion the dark cloud is of ionized air giving off a dark violet light.
Created from some operation of a high voltage Tesla ship.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

or steam
www.caelestia.be...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Umm

it's called a smoke ring blower....nothing "ufo" about it...

www.youtube.com...

edit to fix link, can;t embed the vid

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Seemingly not the same situation or ring type.
Quite twisted in reality if I say so myself.
But keep on trying.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here are some more examples:

community.bonnaroo.com...

This wasn't well made, but it shows how they did them

Gas cannon's smoke ring at one of the Burning man festivals

www.donaldedavis.com...

Also planes can create them

When the warbirds flew, the show was filled with pyrotechnics, one of which made the amazing smoke ring that floated across the sky!

www.prostarmarketing.com...

NAd, as already pointed out, also volcanoes can create them

www.stromboli.net...
www.stromboli.net...

We can rule out for sure some guy smoking a cig

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The circle smoke maker goes up the pole,
guess we missed all the important action.

Neglected to tell us about the main attraction at the festival.

top topics

join