It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Not Bad for Six Months,’ Obama Says of His Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
"Not Bad" is how I describe my paint job of my bedroom ceiling not my performance at MY JOB. I would love to see my bosses reaction to that statement on my self evaluation. I suppose I wouldn't get that 2% raise now would I.

I'm glad the fundraisers think he is doing a swell job at bankrupting our nation. The fundraisers are the only ones that matter anyway.

President Barack Obama is vowing to sign climate change legislation and overhauls in health care and financial regulations this year and is dismissing his critics as naysayers.

Obama warned more than 400 of the Democratic Party's top fundraisers Monday evening that winning policy fights will become more difficult.

Obama ran through a list of successful administration initiatives, including a $787 billion economic stimulus, a budget resolution, a fair-pay bill and a reversal on a ban on federal funding of stem cell research.

The president told the group, in his words, "It's not bad for six months."

The event was billed as a thank you from Obama and the Democratic National Committee to members of his presidential campaign's national finance committee and the DNC's National Advisory Board.

cnsnews.com...

"Not Bad" I'm going to put that one in my personal vocabulary inventory. I'll test it on my wife the next time she asks me how one of her outfits looks on her. That is just as powerful a statement as "I don't know".

Way to raise the bar Barry.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
not good for six months either. How much more not good can we get before its called bad?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
well at least he confirmed who he answers to... warning them that passing his policies will be more difficult from now on...DUH! everyone is waking up to his BS and fighting back!!
so he apologizes to those that matter most to him...his contributors they are the ones that gain from his policies.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Obama is certainly losing his luster with some of his former hand maidens in the MSM. However, Matthews and Olbermann would probably marry him in a minute if Mrs. Michelle ever left for greener pastures.

The reporters in the press pit are actually starting to ask some challenging questions. Wow!! Unfortunately, they don't usually get the answers that they seek. A death stare from Obama and a glib comment from Gibbs is about all they can hope for.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What exactly did you expect him to say?:

"I'm the greatest President ever and this was the most successful 6 months in the history of the U.S...." ?

It's not like he could have said; "Well, in the first couple of weeks I got my hands on $800B, more than any other President in history, and so far I've only wasted a little over $100B of it....so I guess that's OK..."

I think he should have just replied:

"When Iran declared Death to the UK, Death to Israel, and Death to the U.S. -- I took that as a huge compliment. I mean...we've been moved to third place in only 6 months....now that's progress People!!"

new topics

top topics

join