It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ewwww ... I need time to regroup after this.

My goodness this is very strange, and just when you think you have seen it all.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Could it be CGI ?
I thought the streching on the slime looked funny..

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
its a rutan invasion they not green though en.wikipedia.org...[/url]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by silverdemon71]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Looks like a heartbeat. Or my ex mother in law.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Creepy stuff, I hope they are stationary....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Perhaps it's the latest Monsanto creation. Who's gonna be the first to try one when TSHTF? Personally, I'll stick to cannibalism.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Some background.

As for what those monster scrotal sacs of doom in some (presumably) North Carolinian sewer could be, Redditors offered up a number explanations, including bryozoa, or “moss animals.”

A few details about who made this video and its location are right there in text supered over the images - Malphrus, for instance, is a real, full-service construction company located in South Carolina. The Shops at Cameron Village are located in Raleigh, NC. The websites for Malphrus and Cameron Village have been registered and active for quite some time, so they are clearly real.
source

Some pics of bryozoa,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e554f1c77d4e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55ce1f7f2d32.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbee0274b3bc.jpg[/atsimg]
I would have to say that it looks like a type of bryozoa.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

That doesn't look like it.
Could a be a parasite/wurm-nest or something like it?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yuck, it looks like a brain. Maybe it is, think, if you were a brain where would you hide where no one would want to go? The sewer!

Nice find.

Ama

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

HAHAHA breathe! HAHAHA Now that was a funny post!

Never seen one of these before but it must live on fecal matter if it lives in a sewer? Maybe when a rat walks by it opens and pulls it in like a venus fly trap... Slimey nastiness, I wouldn't want to poke it with a stick as it may explode all over.
So this is an actual animal? I sure hope I dont reincarnate into one...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Too me, it looks like a Fungi or some kind of larvea/egg sake. OR maybe it is some kind of parasite. Living off the bacteria in feceis. either way, it doesnt Look good.

-Shadow

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thedtrain

Just wanted to point out, If you never check out Liveleak.. you are missing out. It's definitely not a joke site. There is alot of good footage that gets uploaded there before it hits youtube.

I am really dumbfounded by the fact of all the brainpower accumulated on this site.. no one has seen something like this before.

Pretty sure it is not a hoax... if it is, these guys need to work in the movies.

I noticed nobody mentioned the protrusion retracting into the 3rd "blob" that was filmed.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Cameron Village is the oldest 'mall' in Raleigh, possibly the oldest in NC. It is close by NC State University (within walking distance of Burlington Lab, which contains NCSU's research reactor, just for those of a nuke-mutant bent). To be fair, though, Burlington is on the other side of the local watershed from Cameron Village/Broughton High School.

Good find

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Interesting, looks like something from a video game or movie.

I'm glad I already ate before I watched that!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I hope this makes headlines in the mainstream media! I find this more interesting than that lemur that supposed to be the sensation of all times.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

I read about Bryozoa after coming across this footage as well.

If that is what it is... It has to be a new variation of it, for there is no record of this kind being described or photographed that remotely resembles these.

Personally, I would not be going into those sewers with anything less than a flamethrower.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Im surprised there havnt been samples taken yet. pull a pair out and get a DNA sequence of it. worst case we accidentaly kill them all and few decades we can recreate them.

looks like muscles and tendons to me.

Just wondering what these things do to the water that passes them, what if theyre a form of bactieral colleny or fungus. wouldnt that meen little ones of these things are going in to treatment plants. and the microbe tanks for removing large matter woould be perfect place for these things to multiply.

But yeah basic instinct is to poke em. maybe they are growing something inside.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Somebody flushed a nasty one! IT'S STILL ALIVE!!

But seriously, those things take root in the grooves of the pipe but they don't look like anything I've ever seen before, nothing.

They can't be too mobile if they are rooted in the pipe, so that's a plus. But they look like brains/heart turned inside out.

YUCK

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
notice the camera trucking, its CGI, but wow its getting harder to tell these days, thats really REALLY good work.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kobalt7

That is not CGI camera trucking.... its the remote camera robot that is used in every town that has sewers. Its how they check for structural integrity defects. The reason they use these camera mounts is because the pipe is too small for a human to move through.

The business that took the footage is legit in the town in NC.

Sorry to say, but this footage is legit.. just nobody knows what the object is in question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join