It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Existing mount and a mechano kit with a remote device to grap a specimen and reverse out would do it, if nothing else, but i would be suprisedif a hog for that purpose isn't already avalabe somewhere in the state.

Plenty of biology labs are at any Uni' or research centre so i would have thought the costs would be minimal, things are analysed all the time, except something like this it seems.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

im no scientist

but if they were able to get that camera down there im 100 percent positive it cant be too hard for a scientist to get a sample to analyze

id be shocked if it was more complex than a scientist just having to call whoever maintains those pipes or sewers

even if extracting a sample costs 100 bucks, seems a small price to pay to get a true answer, especially when put into perspective on how much we spend on science anyway

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lots of archeologists tell us that the Gizah pyramids where built be egyptian and designed by them.
So when a cryptozoowhatever tells me from his professionnal point that it is tubifex, i dont believe him. Especially as my eyes are as good as his and this is not the same stuff we're talking about.

I'm so tired of the so called experts thoses days.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge
Lots of archeologists tell us that the Gizah pyramids where built be egyptian and designed by them.
So when a cryptozoowhatever tells me from his professionnal point that it is tubifex, i dont believe him. Especially as my eyes are as good as his and this is not the same stuff we're talking about.

s235.photobucket.com...¤t=Tubifex8.flv

I am not a scientist, cryptozoologist, archeologist and no wurm expert

Maybe this video helps.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That's a very interesting film, veeeeery weird! I'd never heard of this, I was totally fascinated by the things. The way they were moving suggests they are like some form of jelly fish able to move aroundd on land. I don't know, fantastic!

Ramadwarf on bewilderment

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Ramadwarf Philes]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin

Maybe this video helps.

Well, I guess that pretty much puts it to rest then.

I would say there's no question that it's tubifex, and that "spike" that people are referring to is just one individual worm poking out of the mass.

Star and flag my friend, I'm glad someone took the initiative to do this.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

if you made that video

then sir you are the man

interesting it took that long to find proof as to exactly what that was

guess i was wrong when i said it couldnt be tubifex, guess i just saw the wrong pictures

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I enjoy all of the discussion on identifying the organism.

This has gained international attention. Why hasn't a scientific entity gone down in the sewers and collected a sample?

Can anyone in the Cameron Village serve as witness to the activity around the sewers there?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wow .. i watch it. i think there are something inside the cocoon. egg, whatever u want to call it. I think it react to sound. Like woman's pregnant. Baby listen to sound like music etc. something it move inside. someone should cut it open to see what's inside in there. maybe something creature hatch those. creepy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm thinking the "sewer" in question here is actually the result of a fiber optic anal probing.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
IT´S ALIVE!!!! Man that is discusting. If that is not an alien, i don´t know what is

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin

Originally posted by Fedge

Maybe this video helps.

I Think that vid nailed it right on the head.

Everyone watch his video.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I will admit there are similarities in the two videos.... but looking at the Tubifex video, I can still make out individual worms even in the big clump. You can't in the original sewer video.

It very well could be Tubifex worms... but if it is, my money is on a new evolution of the species.

I would have liked to seen that plate turned sideways to see if the worms stretched out and tried to hold themselves up in place like the sewer "thing" does.

In the sewer video, part of all three are in the water flowing through the pipe, they did not look like what happened when the tubifex was placed in the glass.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The things in the video are only half an inch wide each. If the pipe is 6 inches wide then they must be tiny. The tubifex worms are indeed very small and also a smaller cluster of worms would find it easier to stick to the walls of the pipe.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
damn.......i was eating....cmooon ppl

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
i really enjoy this creature. no cgi. just a real lifeform. Beggingggg to be poked. u just wanna do it. poke the retracting moving THING and watch it convulse as it reacts to the poker. I can picture it now...poke. poke. poke. tee hee.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
After watching the video on worms, and reading all the comments, I don't think anyone really knows what it is.

So, I ask then, why hasn't anyone tried to capture this living creature?

Hmm....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoopedia

The guy with the Tubifex threw them in the glass water and said that is how they behave naturally. they naturally reside in the water.

So why are these sewer creatures suspended from a wall, for the most part above the water, if they're supposed to be Tubifex?

Also the contractions of the sewer creatures are much more unified, as one single organism, whereas the Tubifex just pass on a bit of movement to each other.

Also, I didn't see the sort of membrane covering the sewer creatures in the Tubifex video.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Tubifex my arse. Can someone go grab one of these blobs already and put us out of our misery?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Zoopedia

The guy with the Tubifex threw them in the glass water and said that is how they behave naturally. they naturally reside in the water.

So why are these sewer creatures suspended from a wall, for the most part above the water, if they're supposed to be Tubifex?

Also the contractions of the sewer creatures are much more unified, as one single organism, whereas the Tubifex just pass on a bit of movement to each other.

Also, I didn't see the sort of membrane covering the sewer creatures in the Tubifex video.

Tubifex is found in poluted (river)water, rich with nutrients often next to sewage outlets. Part of the body is digged into the substrate (sand, mud or slib) This is protection (they retract fast into the substrate when disturbed) and its holding them on the same (nutricious) spot.

If somehow a colonie of Tubifex ended up into a sewer pipe like in the video, they anchor themself on for example a tree root or another(artificial) anchor point and each other. You can imagine a tiny single wurm
will flush away by current.
So now there is a colony above the waterline.
What will be different then underwater:

It will anchor very tight into each other to stay on the spot (as long there is a rich amound of nutrients flowing trough the colony)
The colony has to stay wet otherwise they will die very soon.
A slime and bacteria layer will form around the colony
Some animals will stretched to the sides for food, space or (?) attachment to the substrate.
The colony will have a high mortality rate cause being not in ideal circumstances. The dead specimens and not being in the right environment will give the colony a slightly different pale colour and together with a bacteria film a membrane like appearance.

The ultimate proof/evidence would be a sample of the original sewer video, some of whats written above I cannot prove or have I seen myself.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join