It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
For everyone here that want to know what this is and if it is for real. Well here is the link to the truth.

Raleigh, N.C. — It's reminiscent of something from the 1958 science-fiction film, "The Blob" – a beating, pulsating, mysterious, slimy mass that has grabbed widespread attention across the Internet.

www.wral.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PartyToker

And again two "experts" stating that it's two different things. We can't have two "truths"...?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
reply to post by PartyToker

And again two "experts" stating that it's two different things. We can't have two "truths"...?

It's even better because they put both opinions in the same story.

Do they realise how massive the divide between bryzoa and tubifex worms is ? One is a spongy mass that looks like jelo, the other is a writhing mass of worms. Hardly something you would get mixed up between, it's akin to mistaking your neighbour's dog for a hose-pipe.

This just makes me want to slap my forehead so hard someone will jump and get a fright just from the noise it generates.

[edit on 7/2/09 by mortalengine]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I see those two "expert" posts are still making the rounds as absolute truth.

It is odd that we can't get an exact species name or even a photograph/drawing of this thing. Yet.. it's always been here and it's always been known about?

For a site that many of the posts talk about "TPTB always manipulating information"... many sure are swallowing shallow "facts" without a moments hesitation or even a bit of critical thinking.

One picture of this thing in the past and I would be satisfied... surely an expert could have come up with one by now.. instead we get "take my word for it" explanations.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Looks like it just sits there absorbing our # all day. What a crappy life, no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I like how in one of the articles it says "It is unclear whether or not the colony will be removed by city workers" or something to that degree. What the heck? Why would you NOT remove that and take it to a lab to study it so we can get a CLEAR answer to what it is? No, they'll just leave it down there while our scientists sit around with their thumbs up their bums and speculate on what it is? That or they are afraid to go near it cause they don't really know what it is and have a crappy time removing it from that wall. (pun intended)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
I like how in one of the articles it says "It is unclear whether or not the colony will be removed by city workers" or something to that degree. What the heck? Why would you NOT remove that and take it to a lab to study it so we can get a CLEAR answer to what it is? No, they'll just leave it down there while our scientists sit around with their thumbs up their bums and speculate on what it is? That or they are afraid to go near it cause they don't really know what it is and have a crappy time removing it from that wall. (pun intended)

Well what they say they're going to do and what they REALLY do are probably two very different things. It's obviously NOT what they say it is but it's the closest, safest thing to tell us so we move along and forget about it whilst they hurry in there with equipment to harvest the creature and prod it in a lab.

It's more than likely not anything to worry about but they cant be seen to not know what's going on. God forbid we the people start realising that man doesn't know everything and more than likely never has and never will have life under control. Governments surround themselves with credible "experts" who get lots of doors opened for them in return for their "services" as "credible experts". It's a symbiotic relationship that benefits both parties and, as usual, leaves the general populace out of the loop. They've made it abundantly clear we simply cant handle the truth. We, after-all, are just demi-humans next to their elite genes.

[edit on 7/2/09 by mortalengine]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

That we have the two, short explanations is a function of the news product that the US public expects. It is all 'sound-bite' driven, print or broadcast. The 'expert' is called and it is generally made clear that the reporter has 15 seconds/one paragraph for the explanation. If the 'expert' cannot answer in that space, one that can will be found. Most people in obscure fields want to see media recognition, so they comply. Of course, academic arrogance helps as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
found this message board yesterday as i was looking for answers to this "blob".

I live in charlotte NC, about 2 hours from Raleigh. This is what our local news is saying today.

news14.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Great Vid, That thing looks almost like a pulsating brain to me... Like a

Cat Brain lol. But in all seriousness I have no idea what that is, I'd lean

toward gastropod like another poster had said. I would also have to bet

that it eats much like a slug with it's "mouth" being on the bottom of it's

body. I suppose it could also be some sort of slug as well just the way it

grips to the wall but geez I'm stumped so many possibilities and no

specimen to examine... For shame... For shame. Star + Flag.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by erice1031

The only problem I have with this conclusion is that any colony of tubifex

worms I've ever seen have clear definition between worms. If this truely

is a worm colony they have all seemed to meld together and have

become one entity, either that or the setiment in the sewer has given

them a protective shell. But I'm not readily excepting this as fact because

that just doesn't look like a colony of worms to me. Also the fact that is if

it was they are all moving in simuntaneous motion when the light is shined

on them. Very poor excuse I think whats everyone else think.

Here's a pick of a lot of tubifex worms together: farm1.static.flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe this is the proof the Darwinians need to prove we came from a steaming pile of sxxt. Hooray for Science!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I sent the video link to Loren Coleman of Cryptomundo fame, and he agreed with the idea that it was Tubifex.

As he knows these things better than I, and is a documented expert - I defer to his opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, they can't be "tubifex worms" or also known as sludge worms. When you look at the thing in the sewer, when it moves, it moves as one entity. If it were a mass of worms, they would move independently from each other.

Here is what tubifex worms look like in action. See, they are all moving independently.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaPan

I made an edit to my post on a "tubifex worms" video I found on Youtube.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by DeltaPan

I made an edit to my post on a "tubifex worms" video I found on Youtube.

Cheers, i was just about to post the same sentiment in an edit.

reply to post by Fromabove

Tubifex also looks more excited and random movement of indviduals, flaying around etc.

I don't buy that, i still want known graphics or footage from the past if these are observed before.

Else i do not for the life of me believe scientific interest wouldn't compel extraction to at least confirm expert opinion definitively.

All we are getting is that we've seen these before and so nobody academic in research with a lab' is remotely interested it seems.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well whatever it is, it's gross.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is a colonoscopy and not a sewer.

If you don't recognize that and are over 50 years of age, then see your doctor as it's time for your check up anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
so that was some very funky stuff EXPLAIN PLEASE
ITS NOT TUBIFEXWORMS SMH

[edit on 7/2/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join