It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New life form in sewers?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Look at my post on Page 3.

This thing has eyes that open and close "Look at 3rd creature in the video" it's starts with it's eyes closed and they open and the light shines at the creature. There is also a white spike looking thing that shoots from it's mouth area. If you cannot see what I am seeing look at the video near the end "3rd Creature" Starts from around 1.45 then around 1.50 the thing springs to full awareness.

I will post the pics again.

On the Pics under where is says Cameron Village look just to the right of that, This is the creatures head.

Now look just 5secs after the first pic.

This is not Worms, this is something totally new. Looks Alien, well it would as we don't know what the hell it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks for that, I thought I was the only one seeing the head.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If these are observed elewhere.

Can those saying they are definately this or definately that, provide a graphic or vid showing the same thing because i've seen what's been linked and though some characteristics can be said to be similar, that's all they are, similar.

If those in aquatic fields saying these are definately Tubifex and they are so common, lets see a picture which shows exactly what we've seen in the sewer vid.

No graphic i've seen thus far shows the same, just a vague similarity.

Until i see a pic' from another source showing exactly the same i say the jury is still out and either Tubifex or Bryozoa, just people professing these are this or that and what has been shown is not actually anything like what's seen in that vid.

It shouldn't be hard for those professing to find a graphic or vid to qualify assertion, one would think so anyway.

Even if this is a variant of an existing life form though, it still warrants some closer examination does it not, not eradicating?

Paxus.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I just sat eating a muffin whilst watching that... must have a strong stomach!

Its truly bizarre whatever it is. The worm explanation could work, if you look closely there seems to be lots of little individual movements happening. But then the bits that are retracting into it dont seem to be behaving like worms at all.. no wriggling around or anything! Either way, its a good sign that it seems to be afraid of light/heat, that means I'll be able to sleep safely tonight knowing im not going to wake up with one of these on my face or something!

Oh and it is DEFINATELY asking to be poked with a stick.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Dr. Timothy S. Wood who is an expert on freshwater bryozoa and an officer with the International Bryozoology Association. I sent along the video and this was his reponse…

Quote from Scientist.

Thanks for the video – I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

Glad I could help

[edit on 1-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Interesting...I'm still intrigued about the eyes though...I really think this is something more than worms...it doesn't even really look like worms coiling around each other...the "tissue" does all seem to be interconnected.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok if they are worms maybe they are coiled around another creature and as it retracts it squeses this other creature thus causing it's eyes to open. Either way there is defo eyes and what looks like a sting coming from the creature.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ive watched this video a dozen times today, I also looked at other videos of worms, and none look like this, NONE. This seems to have a complete body, membrane, that is stuck to the walls. Not a mess of closely gathered worms. Even the balls of worms, you can still see individual worms on the outside of the hive. These creatures dont exhibit any worms at all.
The videos I watched of balls of worms, dont move like this either. They wiggle and squirm in all different directions. This moves as ONE entity. Pulsating as one organ. IMO, this is something we havent seen before! I hope someone will take one out of there and study it!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Dr. Timothy S. Wood who is an expert on freshwater bryozoa and an officer with the International Bryozoology Association. I sent along the video and this was his reponse…

Quote from Scientist.

Thanks for the video – I had not see it before. No, these are not bryozoans! They are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.

Glad I could help

I've seen this elsewhere and is one who professes which i mean.

Photo of it elsewhere, not words, to qualify his opinion.

He could talk all day and it would only prove it is his opinion.

He has stated educated opinion, not proved anything.

I will gladly accept this is the explanation, if i see the same thing photographed or filmed elsewhere, not something only similar, if it is that obvious to people it should be easy enough to show another vid or graphic sequence of something doing what the life form in that sewer vid is doing and identify as exactly same with a bit of room for individuality due to environs, so far nothing, just rationalisations to what exists and graphics depicting similar, vaguely so.

Paxus.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm back for more punishment!

I had the hardest time using the bathroom last night...

Why Why Why!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OK dont believe me....yet.
Its night here in Holland so I cannot do it right now. But anybody:
go to your local aquarium shop and buy a large portion of live Tubifex, put it on a glas plate (dry, above the waterline) for 10 minutes, Now poke the cluster of worms or tab the glas plate. VIDEO TAPE IT!

If anybody gonna do it let me know, otherwise I will do it tommorow.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I hope someone will take one out of there and study it!

Would you like to be the one to take it and examine it?

I've got to admit that the first part of that video does look like a camera is up someones back hole....

[edit on 1-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Please do.

I can guess many will be as intregued as myself and i will admit being a donkey, i do know about Tubifex, well a bit, as well as seeing loads of representations today i've seen Tubifex shown on science websites and know it's common enough in nature, even certain fish shoals can seem a macro of such similar and i remain unconvinced so await your experiment results showing us a worm cluster is what we are all seeing. Good for you, offering to clear up the confusion in incontrovertible terms.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallifreyan medic
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You guys wanna see rednecks shooting those things with a shotgun?

Rednecks as in those sort of people who go round asking if they want to see a lesser life form shooting one thats more intelligent.

Well, y'all may be erudite and over educated but not a one of yous knows the difference tween a shotgun and a rifle. Might wanna learn before this thing grows up and gits outta that sewer.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
deepseanews.com...

they discuss that video on that site

plus this is discussed on hundreds of sites aswell from what i see with google

en.wikipedia.org...

These are clumps of annelid worms, almost certainly tubificids (Naididae, probably genus Tubifex). Normally these occur in soil and sediment, especially at the bottom and edges of polluted streams. In the photo they have apparently entered a pipeline somehow, and in the absence of soil they are coiling around each other. The contractions you see are the result of a single worm contracting and then stimulating all the others to do the same almost simultaneously, so it looks like a single big muscle contracting. Interesting video.- Dr. Timothy S. Wood, an expert on freshwater bryozoa and an officer with the International Bryozoology Association

www.nickvanderleek.com...

all sayin the same things

might be these tube things might not intresting none the less and a lil icky

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The local paper posted the story this afternoon.

www.newsobserver.com...

A biologist from NCSU declared it a bryozoan, for what that is worth, as NCSU is an engineering school that designs building that sink (Harrelson Hall).

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'd say bryozoan. Pectinatella magnifica looks strikingly similar to the "blob" in question.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f15851a6641c.jpg[/atsimg]source

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
After watching the video again, I actually think the tube worm hypothesis is wrong for several reasons.

1. It seems to move as one solid (well slimy) entity.

2. If you look around the outside you can see what seems to be slime tentacles (or something like tentacles). Watch the way they move. Doesn't look like worm at all.

3. One of them is partially in the water. If they where tube worms wouldn't they disconnect as soon as they touched water?

I don't know either way, but I am definitely intrigued!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
I'd say bryozoan. Pectinatella magnifica looks strikingly similar to the "blob" in question.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f15851a6641c.jpg[/atsimg]source

I don't know.

Here is another picture of Pectinatella magnifica

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Pectinatella magnifica Different surface textures entirely, more moss like.
[As far as i know it is also incapable of moving in such manner as the sewer LF.]
Paxus.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join