It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Emergency Containment Area"... Possible Martial Law Indicator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Several days ago I discovered this road sign had been erected overnight on a route I travel almost daily. It was placed at the entrance to a D.O.T. highway "rest area". Should this be considered as an indicator of potential martial law enforcement and travel restriction. Or, should it be considered as standard D.O.T. signage used to indicate some sort of designated contingency response area?

Has anyone else seen similar signs in their area? Or, does anyone with D.O.T. and/or emergency response experience have any insights to add?

Just thought y'all might be interested to see this.

www.youtube.com...

Anyone else notice strange signs popping up in their areas?

What's up with these signs?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No signage in my area as oh yet...

"as standard D.O.T. signage used to indicate some sort of designated contingency response area?"

They're just preparing for H1N1 to mutate...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well that is very strange, to say the least. I think I need to get home soon. I am working in Puerto Rico.....no signs of anything here. I think the time is coming and coming soon.

Thanks for the heads up....you should ask your local DOT what it is, the answer would be interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
These spots are used to contain leaking materials from semi's. they are used so that these trucks do not spill out over the interstates.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Wait...a big Yellow Sign, clearly labeled in plain English? And someone jumps to the conclusion it's a conspiracy?

Maybe when there's a sign reading: " NWO SHTF Internment Area, Left Three Miles " then we might have the ole' 'smoking gun'!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

That actually makes a bit of sense.
So, if a truck carrying hazardous material was in a wreck or started leaking in some other way, they would get the vehicle to an area like this so they could rope off the areas around the leak and still keep traffic flowing on the highway, theoretically anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by warrenb

Wait...a big Yellow Sign, clearly labeled in plain English? And someone jumps to the conclusion it's a conspiracy?

Maybe when there's a sign reading: " NWO SHTF Internment Area, Left Three Miles " then we might have the ole' 'smoking gun'!!!

Where does it jump to that conclusion?

It simply asks questions but perhaps that is too obvious and easily missed.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Where does it jump to that conclusion?

Well, title of thread; "Possible Martial Law Indicator?" is a start...

Don't "NWO" and "Martial Law" usually get uttered in the same sentence?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

why not?

Your jumping to conclusions so why not a post title?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
with the american economy kookoo bananas , such internment area will be necessary to quell revolts and effectively deal with rebels .

also a lot of slave labour could be provided for reconstruction througyh these areas and these could be used for mass detentions and mass executions of rebels and civilian dissents

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, then it wouldnt be a conspiracy now would it?

If there were a sign like that posted then someone either screwed up really bad and probably lost their job with FEMA or it would be a hoax lol..

btw, before anyone says anything, yes i know he was being sarcastic, i was j/k as well.

[edit on 6/30/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
DOT could easily be planning a shipment of some sort of waste through that corridor. I didn't catch the interstate number in the clip. I presume that it is Interstate 77 or 95. Both are the primary arteries through the area. Any other route would take a truck carrying waste through any variety of small sleepy towns. A spill in a small town would be very bad.

Me thinks this is just some advance planning not unlike the runaway truck ramps that you see when driving down through the mountains.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

it only makes sense. But none the less never let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy. That is the problem with the ct'ers out there. Way to much speculation and way to little truth. there is enough truth out there for those that wish to look. We do not need stuff like this for skeptics to look at and say WTF?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok....I have been a linenced driver for over 30 years. I have travel the roads of the USA and other countries. I have been a emergency responder for the utility industry, having to be DOT compliant. NOWHERE in my travels have I seen a sign like this. After all, they have emergency responce teams for all accidents/spills. They DO NOT MOVE ANYTHING, they clean it up.

So with that in mind can we continue.............

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is actually a herd of zombies on the other side. keep away unless you want to turn into one.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I found this one the other week too.. It was on a bus stop shelter. Was not up for very long.
Why it was put there in the first place beggars belief and just what are they trying to say?
Are we all being monitored even though we're not in trouble?

It's almost as though we are being introduced into something that goes beyond the norm and only the memory of a Nazi occupied Europe will ever see the comparison.. For many of us, it is new, but for those who have seen this type of thing, know what it means...

The containment sign stinks as much as the pic i posted..
Something is very wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
NEST (Nuclear Emergency Support Team) teams throughout the US have areas set up in case of NBC attacks, I know this because I was almost on one. Thanks to the US Army and Air Force. This could be one of their sites. What area of the country was it in?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I found this one the other week too.. It was on a bus stop shelter. Was not up for very long.
Why it was put there in the first place beggars belief and just what are they trying to say?

It's almost as though we are being introduced into something that goes beyond the norm and only the memory of a Nazi occupied Europe will ever see the comparison.. For many of us, it is new, but for those who have seen this type of thing, know what it means...

Something is very wrong.

I just saw 1984 last night. Boy! that freaks me out.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Something is very wrong.

I had to comment on the above picture. I have seen this also, and at the bottom, it talks about the new "policing pledge" that is being implemented here in the UK. In other words, it says that if you witness crime in the area, report it to the police and they will work better to assist you and the problems. It is also part of their new approach to listen to any complaints/concerns. Please don't take these things out of context, just research them first!

SOURCE:policing pledge

jedi

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'm slowly getting a collection of them and posting them in this thread

Have linked to this thread to tie the subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join