It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy takes control of aid boat headed for Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
so Israel are now pirates

50km`s is International waters - stopping a boat with force is piracy.

hang them by the yard arm.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Israel, as a sovereign nation, has a right to self protection. It is perfectly reasonable for them to take action to ensure illegal arms are not shipped into Gaza.

As for Ms McKinney, as others have already written, she is out for publicity. She has a track record that renders here as nothing more than a clown.

No media outlets cover her because she simply is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

not in international waters they can`t , randomly boarding a vessel is forbidden under the law of the sea - especially so far out of a countries waters.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Another interesting fact about this is that according to the Cypriot authorities their stated destination was not Gaza:

The Cypriot Embassy in Tel Aviv issued a statement following the incident, saying "The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in Israel would like to inform that the "Spirit of Humanity" boat, sponsored by the Free Gaza Movement, that attempted in the early hours today to reach Gaza was given permission by the competent Authorities of the Republic of Cyprus to sail off the port of Larnaca in Cyprus on the basis of its declaration that its intended destination was the port of Port Said in Egypt."

Source

I don't know whether this means they lied about it to get authority to sail, or were planning on somehow getting it through the Rafah crossing.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Laurauk
So what now will the US Protest, since there is a congess woman on board?

FORMER congress woman, and all around nut case.
Nothing will happen to her. She'll just be sent away ..... again.
(Israel doesn't want her)
She won't be getting all the attention she's craving.

Enough already with the typical right wing slanderous statements of 'nut job' and on and on and on.

Just because she challenged the system she becomes a nut job. LOL I see how it is in your book. You are getting more and more obvious in your own loyalties. They aren't to this nation, they are to the party you stand for. Period.

McKinney is not a nut job. She had bigger balls than you do to come forward and challenge a corrupt government. Now she is doing what she can to try and help people. But of course you will always look at the worse in someone and pull the typical psycho BS and belittle their actions.

Yes, there have been boats that are smuggling in arms. Yes, they should be searched. However, once they are found to have NOTHING of the sort on board they should be allowed to continue on with their aid. Period.

But of course you will come up with a biased and one sided response as to why Israel is a sovereign nation and has the rights to defend itself yet other sovereign nations like Iraq don't. It's nothing but hypocrisy from you. With an obvious agenda.

I hate saying that crap but it is obvious with the venom filled posts you continue to make. You try to destroy the credibility of people or a story simply by throwing names out. That is an old time tactic employed by the PTB.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

The MSM isn't bothering with McKinney, much to her disappointment I'm sure, because there are bigger issues in the news world at this time. Hondorus. Iran. N.Korea.

Her track record speaks for itself. She's a nutcase media whore.
And as was said on this thread , zoo animals are smarter than her and learn faster than she does.

Blah blah blah
blah BLAH!

Belittle belittle belittle. You know what? The sign of an intelligence challenged person is to attack others and make them out to be lesser than what they truly are. Hmmmm......

Edit to add: that's a fact because it was said on a post on this site. THIS POST!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by dariousg]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

The destination of this boat, and previous ones, was always well known. Something sounds a little fishy if the Cypriots are saying they were unaware of the destination of this vessel.
The excuse of stopping vessels that could be bringing in armaments is pretty lame, considering we have yet to see any of these mythical arms used against the Israelis. You'd think that, while having the crap bombed out of them by Israel, some of the Hamas guys would use these weapons, but no, nothing, zip!
Kinda makes you think that maybe they are not being supplied these vast amounts of arms in the first place.
As more and more Palestinian farmland is being destroyed by Israel, and homes destroyed, they are still being denied all but a trickle of food aid and building materials. This in itself is noteworthy for the lack of reporting by the bought and controlled Western media. The plea of defence by Israel lost all credibility a long time ago and it's about time they were forced to abide by UN resolutions, which everyone else has to do. We have even invaded other nations for less yet Israel get's free pass and is still allowed to ignore international laws and UN resolutions.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I would consider her a necessary nut job of sorts. I do consider her a bit off the edge, but it is necessary to have that one right wing/left wing off-the-waller in order to have some kind of shaking in these times.

Just for parallel sake, that Nazi in England just elected doesn't count. He's not on the wall. he's in space.

Although, I still look at that former congresswoman's father's words. If she grew up under him, I must say she is in the upper atmosphere.

I hate to see it when a person whose in the truth movement has the potential to bring about some actual discussion on it, then he turns out to be a Jew hater.

That's why I like Ron Paul and others like him. The truth movement needs more non-prejudiced leaders.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What the hell man
it's just people tryign to help

Not really.

Isnt' that the boat that the whackadoo Cynthia McKinney is on?
It's a publicity stunt. Again.

The soverign nation of Isreal is continually having to board ships in that area because MANY of them have been bringing illegal arms and ammunition to the so called 'palestinians' who just turn around and use them to murder Israeli civilians via suicide bombers and rocket attacks.

The people on the boat knew they wouldn't be getting through.

Again.

It's all for publicity.

Publicity stunt? GET over YOURSELF. This is aid for the Gazans by the AMERICANS, not one of your fake boogymen (but I'm sure if America actually made stride for Middle East Peace Israel will not like it and will try to paint America as boogyman too). For Israel's sake, they better let them through. As I said in the other post, if an American is attacked by these animals I WILL be front-line. All I have to say. Peace. And you Americans supporting Israel against your own citizens are a disgrace, gtfo out of America and strip yourself of our name. It IS just people trying to help, you are one disgusting person if you try to peddle your propaganda in the case of a legitimate humanitarian effort.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Ludde]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i hope ahmadinejad completes his mission these are criminals

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

That's not a good thing to say.

Once again you are all mincing removing a bad government with exterminating a whole people.

And the Palestinians are no better.

The whole area is filled with simply bad people. None of them deserve independence.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
Enough already with the typical right wing slanderous statements of 'nut job' and on and on and on.

It's only slander if it's not true. McKinney is a nut jub media whore.

You are getting more and more obvious in your own loyalties. They aren't to this nation, they are to the party you stand for. Period.

And exactly what party would that be?

McKinney is not a nut job.

But of course you will come up with a biased and one sided response as to why Israel is a sovereign nation and has the rights to defend itself yet other sovereign nations like Iraq don't. It's nothing but hypocrisy from you. With an obvious agenda.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

1 - Israel is a soverign nation that has a right to defend itself.
That's not being 'biased'. That's a fact.

2 - Iraq is a completely different story. Iraq instigated a war against Kuwait. It lost. Saddam agreed to the ceasefire requirements as put forth by the UN. He broke those resolutions. He knew that by breaking them then force would be used against him.

Two completely different situations.
Go educate yourself and try again.

You know what? The sign of an intelligence challenged person is to attack others and make them out to be lesser than what they truly are.

.... says the uneducated poster who just said - Blah blah blah
blah BLAH! - and who doesn't even understand the difference between the soverign nation of Isreal protecting itself from terrorists, and Iraq breaking UN resolutions and inviting invasion.

summer vacation from school getting ya' board, dariousg?
Try the skateboard park down the street.

Originally posted by Ludde
Publicity stunt? GET over YOURSELF.

Yes. Publicity. McKinney thrives on it.
How about you do some research.

you are one disgusting person if you try to peddle your propaganda in the case of a legitimate humanitarian effort.

You are one pathetic person if you try to peddle your pro-Palestinian propaganda while ignoring the LEGITIMATE and WELL DOCUMENTED concerns that the soverign nation of Isreal has in regards to the arming of Gaza terrorists. Arming of Gaza terrorists via the sea in boats that have arms and ammo supplied by Iran and Syria ... hidden in amongst the alleged 'humanitarian' shipments.

[edit on 6/30/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wow, I try to ignore your complete garbage, but this one was just too much. Israel is not defending itself form anyone. They are committing genocide. Whether you care to admit to it or not, and I know you won't, what they are doing is illegal, and they need to stopped. Of course with people like you feeding them limitless money they won't ever have to.

As it was pointed out and YOU IGNORED, stopping a boat in international waters is illegal, it is piracy. I remember you getting all gungho when the the Somalians took over that American boat in international waters, where is that vitriol and disgust now? Oh right it is supporting the pirates now. Get your moral compass alligned properly and stop feeding the rest of us your trash.

The Israelis are not defending themselves against "terrorists". I have never seen such offense from a "defensive" situation. Israels only goal is to completely wipe these people out, as evidenced from their attitude to everything from trying to make peace, to thier illegal settlements.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It's only slander if it's not true. McKinney is a nut jub media whore.

You are getting more and more obvious in your own loyalties. They aren't to this nation, they are to the party you stand for. Period.

And exactly what party would that be?

McKinney is not a nut job.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

1 - Israel is a soverign nation that has a right to defend itself.
That's not being 'biased'. That's a fact.

2 - Iraq is a completely different story. Iraq instigated a war against Kuwait. It lost. Saddam agreed to the ceasefire requirements as put forth by the UN. He broke those resolutions. He knew that by breaking them then force would be used against him.

Two completely different situations.
Go educate yourself and try again.

You know what? The sign of an intelligence challenged person is to attack others and make them out to be lesser than what they truly are.

.... says the uneducated poster who just said - Blah blah blah
blah BLAH! - and who doesn't even understand the difference between the soverign nation of Isreal protecting itself from terrorists, and Iraq breaking UN resolutions and inviting invasion.

summer vacation from school getting ya' board, dariousg?
Try the skateboard park down the street.

Originally posted by Ludde
Publicity stunt? GET over YOURSELF.

Yes. Publicity. McKinney thrives on it.
How about you do some research.

you are one disgusting person if you try to peddle your propaganda in the case of a legitimate humanitarian effort.

You are one pathetic person if you try to peddle your pro-Palestinian propaganda while ignoring the LEGITIMATE and WELL DOCUMENTED concerns that the soverign nation of Isreal has in regards to the arming of Gaza terrorists. Arming of Gaza terrorists via the sea in boats that have arms and ammo supplied by Iran and Syria ... hidden in amongst the alleged 'humanitarian' shipments.

[edit on 6/30/2009 by FlyersFan]

Look, stay on topic. Let's assume McKinney is an attention whore, who
isn't? You're acting like one right now. It doesn't change anything.
This is humanitarian aid, and you would be disgusting to support
anything else. But, minds like yours know no limit to evil. We're not
talking about Iran, Iraq, or Syria, save those cards when I might be
convinced. We're talking about home grown Americans doing some
humanitarian work, and Israel trying to oppose that and once again
failing to convince the world that they're about peace. Israel is not
recognised as a sovereign state by the world, obviously. Maybe it is
by the UN, but we all know how retarded and senile that organisation
is, its the world's lobby centrepiece and the State of Israel is
illegitimate. Facts, truth, drink it eat it and live it. And, you
criticised someone about saying Blah Blah, were you not the same
person doing that on another thread where you tried to peddle your
anti-American drivel? Now, I expect in a few minutes/hours you're
going to prepare more drivel to stir up trouble and derail the thread
of its purpose.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I must agree with your sentiments here. I understand 'why' people have these feelings towards her. The problem is who are we to judge who is a whack job or nutter? Seriously. I can sit here and pick bad things from all sides. Including the center. But I try not to call them nut jobs and such. Not saying that I haven't.

As for her though, she may have taken her challenges to the PTB too far but that doesn't mean she is off the wall. It just means she is more passionate about bringing the people to justice who pulled off certain events.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I knew I was asking for this when I posted about Iraq. I knew you would point simply to Kuwait. You see, Saddam felt he was forced into something by the world. He was sick of his people getting screwed over by the blockade. His people were starving after the Gulf War. So he said screw off. The oil for food was a BS scam that screwed his country more. Yes, it took money out of his pockets so he didn't like that but what he really didn't like was the rich jerks that were taking advantage of them.

Does it make it right what he did? Well, do you honestly believe that the world or the American public would have supported a war against that nation, that SOVEREIGN nation if all of the fear mongering hadn't taken place? All of the lies about nukes and so on?

You see, there is a difference. I am very educated. You must resort to insults which you have knowingly dragged me into.

You know full well that all of the BS you are stating as valid reasons to go to war with a nation would NOT have been good enough for the majority of the people on this planet. Period. That is why the trumped up "in the form of a mushroom cloud" bs LIES were thrown about.

So, back to the topic. Israel is a sovereign nation that has a right to defend itself. To defend itself in its OWN WATERS and on ITS OWN LAND. Period. Plain and simple. But you won't ever see that. You will keep going on and on and spewing the same useless arguments over and over about how we, the U.S., are justified in all that we do and how Israel falls under that category too.

They have kidnapped these people in international waters which is piracy. It's a crime. Period. End of discussion. There is no 'defending' themselves in this action. It is plainly put an act of war. But of course nothing will come of it.

YOUR ignorance is astounding. I'm sorry to be dragged down to your level. You just know how to hit the nerves with the name calling and heartless remarks.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

YOUR ignorance is astounding. I'm sorry to be dragged down to your level. .

If there are valid points in your post, they are lost in your personal-attack filled tirade.

What I find most illustrative in your post is that you criticize Israel for taking matters into it's own hands by inspecting the cargo of this ship and yet, in the same post, excuse Saddam for doing the same by ignoring UN Sanctions.

You can't have it both ways my friend.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

The MSM isn't bothering with McKinney, much to her disappointment I'm sure, because there are bigger issues in the news world at this time. Hondorus. Iran. N.Korea.

Her track record speaks for itself. She's a nutcase media whore.
And as was said on this thread , zoo animals are smarter than her and learn faster than she does.

Isent she the idiot who slapped a USCP officer because he challenged her as she waltzed past a secured area security post and he had the nerve to question her because she wasent wearing the mandatory congressional staffer pin?

Personally, the Israelis can keep her for all I care.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I hate saying that crap but it is obvious with the venom filled posts you continue to make. You try to destroy the credibility of people or a story simply by throwing names out. That is an old time tactic employed by the PTB.

Then in your next post, you wrote:
"Belittle belittle belittle. You know what? The sign of an intelligence challenged person is to attack others and make them out to be lesser than what they truly are. Hmmmm......"

For someone who claims to dislike personal attacks, venom, and belittling, you use those tactics a good bit., but your second quote is self-defining.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

IDF said the aid aboard the boat would be delivered to Gaza "subject to authorization."

"Any organization or country that wishes to transfer humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip can legally do so via the established crossings between Israel and the Gaza Strip with prior coordination," IDF said.

Free Gaza said the Spirit of Humanity voyage is the eighth such trip the group has launched. Five succeeded, the group said, but the Israeli military stopped attempts in January and December 2008.

CNN

This is just me thinking out loud but wouldn't it be more effective to attempt to coordinate a humanitarian aid shipment with the Israeli government and then make some noise if they don't follow through?

It just seems like a better idea than lying to port authorities about where you are going only to go towards a destination in which you are not likely to make it to.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Styki]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join