It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy takes control of aid boat headed for Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Israeli Navy takes control of aid boat headed for Gaza

www.ynetnews.com

At around noon Tuesday the Israeli Navy intercepted and took control of a boat that had set sail for the Gaza Strip with three tons of medical supplies

it was told that Gaza was under a naval blockade. In light of this and the security hazards in the region, its entrance to Gaza was forbidden

Free Gaza" founder Greta Berlin told Ynet that at around 11:00 am six Navy vessels approached the boat and ordered it to stop some 50 kilometers off Gaza's coastline

adding that its GPS and naviga
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What the hell man
it's just people tryign to help

ya ya I knew this was going to happen but it's still a pissoff.

No need to jam signals from a peace movement.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen it just makes me sick, if this is'nt a war crime then what the hell is!!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What the hell man
it's just people tryign to help

Not really.

Isnt' that the boat that the whackadoo Cynthia McKinney is on?
It's a publicity stunt. Again.

The soverign nation of Isreal is continually having to board ships in that area because MANY of them have been bringing illegal arms and ammunition to the so called 'palestinians' who just turn around and use them to murder Israeli civilians via suicide bombers and rocket attacks.

The people on the boat knew they wouldn't be getting through.

Again.

It's all for publicity.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I said this yesterday, Israel would do something about this. And I was shot down in flames for saying so!!!

So what now will the US Protest, since there is a congess woman on board?

Or will this just be covered up.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The last boat to Gaza she was on was rammed by one of the Israeli gunboats and limped into port. The US government said nothing - I expect they'll stay silent this time around too.
At least their silence serves as a confirmation of their loyalties, all bought and paid by AIPAC.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
So what now will the US Protest, since there is a congess woman on board?

FORMER congress woman, and all around nut case.
Nothing will happen to her. She'll just be sent away ..... again.
(Israel doesn't want her)
She won't be getting all the attention she's craving.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

MSM is not even picking up on this
what attention is she getting from this?
She barely got any last time, so why do it again for fame?

don't be cynical

Hamas is an american puppet

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The people of the world and region need to create a flotilla similiar to the one that spirited British Troops off the beseiged beaches of Dunkirk to carry of hundreds of thousands British and French Troops pinned down by the Nazi Army in the early days of World War II.

Practically every citizen of Britan that had a seaworthy craft put it in the English Channel and piloted it across to pick up as many troops as that person could carry on their craft.

The same thing should be done to get supplies to Gaza lets see the Israelis try to stop 50,000 pleasure craft flooding the Gazan shores!

The seige of Gaza needs to be broken, the human beings live there desperately need relief and if the United Nations and other Nations are afraid to do the right thing in what several members of our own Congress, the Secretary of State and at least one fomer President has said are appaling and shocking conditions then the people of the planet should take it on themselves to do it, just like the English citizens took it upon themselves to rescue the French and British Troops at Dunkirk.

Anyone who really wants to break the seige of Gaza, that is how it can be done and probably the only way it can be done. Overwhelm the Israelis with numbers that they can not cope with. Make any act of violence by the Israelis on these humanitarians not an act against one nation but many nations.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The MSM isn't bothering with McKinney, much to her disappointment I'm sure, because there are bigger issues in the news world at this time. Hondorus. Iran. N.Korea.

Her track record speaks for itself. She's a nutcase media whore.
And as was said on this thread , zoo animals are smarter than her and learn faster than she does.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Then what do you do if Israel takes more drastic action against those, who are trying to get aid to those in Palestine?

Israel could easily accuse themof being terroists, either withhold thhose on board or blow the boat up.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by FlyersFan

MSM is not even picking up on this

YNet and JPost are fairly mainstream news organisations?

JPost link

Western media doesn't report it because they don't deem it newsworthy. Gaza just doesn't sell newspapers.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If they check and see it's all meds and nothing more, then they should go, and if they stop it, indeed it may be considered a war crime for the actions of purposely trying to stop civilians from their rights to a fair medical presence.

sigh.... When Israel is down the Palestinians are dogs to them. When Palestine is down the Israelites are dogs to them.

Take them both over already and forcefully liberalize the area.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

We could, but we won't, because most people don't give a cr*p about Gaza.

Remember the DEC appeal for Gaza? The one that got sooo much publicity because the BBC refused to air it? Do you know how much that appeal raised? £1 million. From a nation of 60,000,000 people (of which ~1.5 million are Muslim). Do you see much solidarity there?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

This is mainly because the people of most western nations are of no concern of the region.

It's their right to be.

I'm really tired of this BS 2 state solution. It doesn't work. As far as I'm concerned, neither side deserves independence. They deserve 100 years of UN occupation and forced compliance with international rule. They simply cannot be trusted with their own freedom.

1 nation, 2 states under that nation's flag, one federal government. That is the answer and to hell if anyone thinks otherwise.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Then what do you do if Israel takes more drastic action against those, who are trying to get aid to those in Palestine?

Israel could easily accuse themof being terroists, either withhold thhose on board or blow the boat up.

If Israel fires on flagged vessels of foreign countries and kills or wounds their citizens they would be accountable for those actions in the ways that various nations and citizens of those nations felt compelled to respond.

For every action there is a reaction and speculating on what reactions might be to actions is always fun but rarely a precise or scientific endeavor and no excuse not to try a sound action based on theoretical outcomes.

Personally I don't think Israel could stop a huge armada of pleasure craft though I suspect they might try.

Ultimately Israel survives off of foreign aid and an ingeniously devised status quo enforced through a sophisticated propoganda arm that makes criticism of Israeli actions practically illegal under international law, but at the end of the day they survive through public relations and nothing else.

Make it a big enough public relations disaster, put people like form President Carter on those boats, other celebrities and politicians and tell Paris Hilton it's the party of the century and well, the Israelis likely will have no choice but to fume on it or risk a public relations backlash that will make Israel untenable.

Ultimately people of the planet have to decide whether they are human beings first and foremost or not.

If people can only see themselves as this nationality, or that religion, or this sex, or this social class first and foremost and will blindly hate, punish and kill others that don't fit their own mold we are in trouble.

The people who live in Gaza just like the rest of us everywhere else for all their imperfections and faults just like we all have, are in fact human beings and they are not treated like human beings, and humanity really, really, really should put a stop to it, no matter who doesn't like it, who says what about it, or the dangers involved.

Ultimately people should remember but for the tides of fortune there go I and if you don't think political currents could make any nation, any religion, any ethnicity an inhuman thing to be persecuted you might want to brush up on history because not only does it happen all the time, it happens far too often, and it is happening several places in the world today Gaza being cheif amongst them.

The best way to make sure it never happens to you, or people you do know and love is to make sure we all do everything in our power to make it unacceptable for it to happen to anyone.

Real criminals should be hunted down, tried in fair and open courts of laws with real representation and real open minded judges and juries.

The innocent should never be collectively punished simply by association of geography or birth.

Human beings need to put a stop to being inhuman and we should stop making pathetic excuses for allowing what not one of us would ever want to suffer ourselves.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

We could, but we won't, because most people don't give a cr*p about Gaza.

Remember the DEC appeal for Gaza? The one that got sooo much publicity because the BBC refused to air it? Do you know how much that appeal raised? £1 million. From a nation of 60,000,000 people (of which ~1.5 million are Muslim). Do you see much solidarity there?

Matt you are right, not too many people don't care, and hey, I don't have a boat let alone gas money for one to make such a trip.

I just have ideas, and that to me seems like the only one that if enough people who did have boats and money or backers who would give them boats and money to end the Gaza blockade would in fact likely end the Gaza blockade.

The deeper reality is Matt that we live on a planet with a scarcity paradigm in effect that allows a few privelaged people to horde the wealth of the world while the rest of us spend 80% of our waking hours trying to just find enough sustinance to get through the day. There is little time or money left over at the end of that struggle for most do gooders to do good.

Should the people of the world though ever unite on something so momentous of their own accord it would literally fire a shot around the world that the few who do horde the wealth of the world would hear echoing in their nightmares of a world reborn.

You are right and wrong my friend Matt, most people do care one way or the other, some think that the Gazans are all terrorists and animals and deserve what ever fate brings their way and it's all their own fault. Some think they just were unlucky enough to be born in the wrong place at the wrong time in a world where political events and movements are far bigger than their own collective power to meet them.

What most people really can't do is literally afford to care, and there is an excellent chance, above all, and most of all, that when humans turn a blind eye to other humans suffering it is because they feel they can not afford to care.

As long as humans feel they can not afford to care, because we live in a world where only a privelaged few can truly be 'charitable' then each and every one of us risks waking up one day to find that we are 'Gazans' too, and in reality, metaphorically speaking, far too many, far, far too many of us already are!

Fight the good fight!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I agree with you that if enough people can get together and do something collaboratively then wonderful things can happen in the world. The power of a concerted effort among millions of people is an incredible thing.

Funnily enough that's exactly what Zionism was. And that was before the internet!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

disgusting

where is the UN in all of this?

aren't they the purveyors of all the is good and evil in the world?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

I agree with you that if enough people can get together and do something collaboratively then wonderful things can happen in the world. The power of a concerted effort among millions of people is an incredible thing.

Funnily enough that's exactly what Zionism was. And that was before the internet!

Zionism means so many things to so many different people Matt.

Being human and acting human should as humans, be the one thing we all can share with a much more simpler and easily defined word evidenced by looking on one's own mirror...that word of course is...human!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join