It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch lists, guns and government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
The one thing this idiot Louseydork is making sure of is that anyone who is put on that list can never find out why or have any recourse to get your name off of it. You can't go to court to challenge the listing if they don't have to and won't give you ANY information on anything dealing with it.
Dooper,
I lost my guns in the earth quake..or was it a fire...nope it was that damned UFO abduction..Ya, that's the ticket!!! I also never insult or threaten any politico that I disagree with. I'm very peaceful and I don't need guns to keep me safe when I have so many nice policepersons to protect me!

Zindo

Zindo I haven't gotten on an airplane since the Patriot Act...I have too much respect for myself to put myself through that kind of inspection and blanket suspicision that's not what America is about. I won't live in a culture of fear.

I can drive a car, take a train, ride my bicycle anywhere I need to go on the Continental Land Mass...border check point...sounds like another Patriot Act line to me...a few miles over this way in the woods seems just as good a place to pass a border...

Need to go to Europe, Africa or Asia, not a problem, they have boats, private ones, and heck I can swim ashore, or take a raft, no need to have to get your navigation that right you actually sale right into port by the Harbor Master and Customs Office...

I need to buy a gun, I am an impulse shopper, 3 day wait retail establisments...sounds like a line, lot's of paper work...

The point is that both the citizen and the government can play the game, they can put me on any list they want where I am not planning on showing up anyway.

Makes no difference to me. Screw them if they can't take a joke, the Government is out of control...welcome to the club...so am I...it's called freedom...not being controlled...they can try...and they can win if people let them...or they can loose if people don't...ultimately they aren't taking away our choices, we are giving up our choices by accepting the choices that they make...I don't...my inalienable rights are inablienable.

Our politicians with hardly one or two exceptions are corrupt, they will keep passing legistlation and keep ratcheting up people's fear about the governments expanding powers...

I say expand your own powers!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It sounds a lot like today, soveriegnty, states trying to break away, etc. History doesnt always repeat itself.

We all wanted change and now we have this. Unimaginable. I do agree corruption and power have led most of the political decisions throuhgout the 1800's and to date.

This will be a new era in which we have never experienced before.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
by saying i have enough guns i did not imply in anyway that you can have to many- the more the better i think! i'm a gun nut and have alot of them.
what i meant by having enough is that i have the ones i feel that i need to survive. you can only carry so many if you have to bug out so having a truckload won't do you any good if you can't carry all of them! plus you can only shoot 1 at a time.
i'm also sure that the more guns they know you have the higher up on that list you will be.
they will find out how many i have and how well i can use them when they try to force me to take that damn flu shot!!!!
i would think using the public as an experiment that will sicken and/or kill people would be terrorism. so why isn't there a list for them and allow us to arrest and prosecute them?? isn't that what the nazis did? experiment on people? call people with guns terrorists and shoot them dead in the streets? but the nazis were evil and our gubment is good for doing this.
go figure.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
U.S. government auditors have found that one-third of people on the FBI's list of terror suspects are there by mistake blacklisting tens of thousands of innocent people. This is most likely NO mistake. They just have no valid answer to give the public. Typing keyword on to a computer probably accounts for the 10’s of thousand accidental names. They don’t seem to remove them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

It's best to have the gun's for a particular use. 22. for small game,AR-15 for vermin and shot gun for up close!
Once upon a time in the US everyone had a gun and it was not all that long ago. They went from being a tool to being the cause of most crime. I think the real stickler in all this is returning soldiers are on the watch list. Talk about being grateful!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

EX-Military being on the watchlist is like a slap in the face to them. When SHTF I want a few on my team!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join