It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jacksons 'Earth Song' The Bottom Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain.. .
What about killing fields
Is there a time
What about all the things
That you said was yours and mine...
Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Aaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaah

What have we done to the world
Look what we've done
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son...
What about flowering fields
Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine...
All the children dead from war
The crying Earth the weeping shores

Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaah

I used to dream
I used to glance beyond the stars
Now I don't know where we are
Although I know we've drifted far

Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaaah
Aaaaaaaaaaah Aaaaaaaaaaaah

Hey, what about yesterday
(What about us)
What about the seas
(What about us)
The heavens are falling down
(What about us)
I can't even breathe
(What about us)
What about the bleeding Earth
(What about us)
Can't we feel its wounds
(What about us)
What about nature's worth
(ooo,ooo)
It's our planet's womb
(What about us)
What about animals
(What about it)
We've turned kingdoms to dust
(What about us)
What about elephants
(What about us)
Have we lost their trust
(What about us)
What about crying whales
(What about us)
We're ravaging the seas
(What about us)
What about forest trails
(ooo, ooo)
Burnt despite our pleas
(What about us)
What about the holy land
(What about it)
Torn apart by creed
(What about us)
What about the common man
(What about us)
Can't we set him free
(What about us)
What about children dying
(What about us)
Can't you hear them cry
(What about us)
Where did we go wrong
(ooo, ooo)
Someone tell me why
(What about us)
What about babies
(What about it)
What about the days
(What about us)
What about all their joy
(What about us)
What about the man
(What about us)
What about the crying man
(What about us)
What about Abraham
(What was us)
What about death again
(ooo, ooo)
Do we give a damn

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have posted this because not only is it my favourite MJ song but also because it means so much. But just like all the rest of the hard hitting tunes about how fragile our earth is still we turn a blind eye.

Bottom Line says it all

R.I.P

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
I have posted this because not only is it my favourite MJ song but also because it means so much. But just like all the rest of the hard hitting tunes about how fragile our earth is still we turn a blind eye.

Bottom Line says it all

R.I.P

His music was excellent and this song's words are strong like man in the mirror and black or white etc.

We treat the earth and each other so badly that it makes sense for us to be romoved from this place.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1dea
We treat the earth and each other so badly that it makes sense for us to be romoved from this place.

We = TPTB

It looks like that we (human race) are all going to suffer thanks to the people that feel the need to have more and more of the pie. Its just not fair!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
While I love that son too, you are wrong to say that earth is fragile it is not, remember earth has been here before we all came to be.

And will be here well after we the human species perish one day to make room for more evolved ones.

That is the cycle of life, earth will do what it needs to do to get rid one day of the parasites that is called human.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
While I love that son too, you are wrong to say that earth is fragile it is not, remember earth has been here before we all came to be.

And will be here well after we the human species perish one day to make room for more evolved ones.

That is the cycle of life, earth will do what it needs to do to get rid one day of the parasites that is called human.

I hope your right marg6043, the thought of our race destroying this wonderful planet is just plain awful. Everynight I apologise to whoever is listening for our greed and corruption that has polluted this earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

We = TPTB

It looks like that we (human race) are all going to suffer thanks to the people that feel the need to have more and more of the pie. Its just not fair!

or maybe not.

i feel a great consciousness shift happening now. the fact people are so sad about michael jackson dying, even though there are horrible accusations towards him, show we have evolved.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I love that song and the message, but the video is a torture for me, it's too heart breaking to watch...

Originally posted by marg6043

That would be completely true if humans wouldn't have manage to live their lives more or less outside the natural order of earth. But considering that we're the only species that reshapes almost completely is environment, your statement its only partially true.

True, we've only been living for what is only a blink of an eye in the time scale of earth, but think about it, earth has never seen anything like us before.

You're right though, between Earth and humans, I'd rather place my bet on Earth surviving us. It's just that we'll probably leave some nasty scars behind...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We = TPTB

We = TPTB more than you are acknowledging. The people wanting more and more of the pie are us! We are not being fair to ourselves!

How many that criticize TPTB still drive gas guzzlers? How many are still using incandescent bulbs? How many cook more food than they need and put a lot of it into the trash or down the drain? How many are parts of two-income families while they pay someone else to raise their kids? How many didn't vote? How many trade off perfectly good computers? TV's? Cars? Clothes? How many drink from disposable plastic bottles? How many by products from China, Thailand, Malaysia? How many buy mass-produced foods instead of local? How many shop at huge Mega-stores instead of local ones? How many know the name of your next-door neighbor, mailman, grocery bagger, kid's teacher, kid's friends, kid's friends parents? How many watch TV instead of sunsets? How many live in a cracker-box subdivisions where the streets are named after the trees and wildlife that got booted for more expansion? How many commute two-hours a day to make a little extra money without realizing the value of those two-hours with your family?

Yes it is unfair!
So look in the mirror and fix it! (Not you franspeak, all of us!)
I recently quit a high-paying job with long hours, because my boys were growing up too fast while I was gone. I sold my Nissan Titan and started driving the motorcycle that was just sitting there. I sold my 3Br/2Ba cracker box and helped remodel my parents home and we all moved in together. My Dad was able to cut back on his hours as well! My wife is able to stay home with the kids now. We canceled cable, we walk in the woods, or ride bikes instead. We stopped eating out, and now we enjoy cooking fresh foods together. BUT, I can still do much better, we are learning as we go!

BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU SEEK! (Don't remember who said that.)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

We = TPTB

TPTB = Everybody

We all are the powers that be, as we all control our destiny together!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Its really uplifting to hear that other people are trying to make a difference to their lives let me tell you what we have done as a family i nthe last year to make a change in our lives and contribute to this earth.

Totally renovated our house to make it much more energy efficient, cancelled TV licence, built a deck in the garden to sit and enjoy our evenings. Built a conservatory to sit in when its raining. Sold the gas guzzler, Installed a self irrrigation system in the garden, installed a rain water collecting system in my sheds that transfers the water through to several water butts.

We have Stopped spending silly amounts of money on clothing and concentrate our finances to pay off the mortgage. We recycle our rubbish, I am a keen gardener so I am in the process of building several compost bins in order to give back what we take out.

I grow vegetables and fruit and we eat mainly fresh foods, we have dumped the labels and go with the healthy option, on top of all that we are a drinking water only family.

I have had many people come up to our house and ask us for eggs and vegetables and I have seen many people that we know start to change their attitude towards the earth. i.e recycling and not being to greedy.

PAY IT FORWARD IS THE WAY TO GO.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We need to make changes ourselves.
Read the ringing cedars books it talks so much of this.
Everything exactly what Micheal Jackson says in the song heal the world and his speech in it.
There is a solution we just need to make it happen.
I used to think negatively about hwo we are all viruses destroying this planet. Now i think so positive about our marvellous future. If only we were to wake up and make the changes one human or as i should say humane step at a time.

Free reading in my thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
its always been a shame to look at the earth and see how we've ravaged it. I live in South Texas, so when I go to Houston and cross the bay, I see how polluted, rusted, and gross it is... when I go to Midland, I see how the oil industry has wrecked vast sections of ground. I know because when I drive through Colorado to other places, I see pristine land where I can drink from the water source (the spring in Manitou Springs, for example) without worrying about oil contamination.

It all derives from the idea of dominion over the earth. Bible says God gave man dominion over the earth, but dominion doesn't mean strip with imputiny - dominion is to take what you need and return what is needed back. It doesn't mean rape the land and let it fester....

So many people have complained about the ramifications of going green, of what it will mean when everyone has to drive smaller cars, but I really don't have the vanity to complain that I can't have an iron-clad tank that gets two gallons to the mile as a way of displaying my prosperity. When I pass them stuck without gas in my little Toyota, I laugh. Especially when my four cylinder is able to accelerate faster than their mammoth monster.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
And apparently he wrote it himself. That song, the video, the message have always puzzled me. Who thought a pedo freak could write such
Gem uh? I mean, look at this pop tart wacko doing his “passion of the star” tinggy. He should just get in line with the rest of the cattle.

Nothing to see here peeps, move along!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Freak - maybe.

Pedo - nope. Already went to court and proven false. the second accusation never went anywhere.

the only show not worth seeing, I think, is that same tired stuff that keeps getting trotted out whenever MJ is mentioned.

nothing worse than a street performer doing the same tricks as the next one...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
OP.... great lyrics and one of the best songs he wrote of modern times.... it's a shame the bloody governments don't listen to it every day

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

OMG I'm sorry you didn't get my sarcasm, maybe I shouldn've try to

But yeah talk about the typical regurgitated filth that keep surging on this man.

Actually I'm a big fan; I became one when I start paying attention to what he was trying to say in his songs. The earth song REALY did it for me and I strangely felt that I could understand his mind/soul. He has a rebellious soul like I do, which could explain all his unconventionality and eccentricity, but he could also see the bigger picture. In his own way, he transcended the bastardization of race, gender, culture. Show that the individual can be great, unique and have a larger than life purpose in spite of life itself. Most of the time, reality seems to be making a mockery of our lives and worth but we can still beat that reality when we embody the passion or talent we were born with.

To me the earth song is not just some environmental plea. It’s a sad realization of the destructive primitivism of nature itself with us to worsen things of course.
He seems to be calling on the Devine or higher power: hey, where is the harmony between the elements? Where is the promise of life and prosperity? Unfortunately, I think it has become too late to "heal the word"

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Exv8densez]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is one of my fav vids/songs ever..its a masterpiece..and makes my heart bleed..TY so much for bringing it to attention S & F!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Bottom Line says it all

R.I.P

His music was excellent and this song's words are strong like man in the mirror and black or white etc.

Ditto bro.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Great Video Yummy

top topics

join