It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get rid of myself??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
People are beginning to get annoyed of my uniqueness at the workplace, like I don't do things like gossiping, annoying other people I don't like (ironic isn't it?), and treating other people unlike myself badly. I am actually breaking my own code by making this post, sorry!

Now, how do I get rid of myself?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

It's not a matter of getting rid of yourself, it is a matter of how do you duplicate yourself.

More workplaces could use this approach.

What I would do when I found myself in one of these situations where people were endlessly gossiping about one another and using me as an outlet is to simply tell them directly that every word they speak to me about another person, I will immediately go to that person and tell them everything. They don't like it and will probably get snotty. But they won't gossip to you anymore.

I've tried and failed to curb this from workplaces all together. People are who they are. But what you can do is keep it from happening around you and promote a healthier environment for yourself. The step above is sure to do that. And you'll probably keep your co-workers from being talked about.

...because now they'll gossip about you.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
People always try the gossip thing with me, I just tell them that I don't care and think they are stupid with no life. Then they leave me alone. I've always worked warehouse type jobs, and maybe office jobs are worse about gossip, I don't know. But I suppose a good way to deal with it to be to just shrug and show that you don't care if you don't feel like telling the F off.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
People are beginning to get annoyed of my uniqueness at the workplace, like I don't do things like gossiping, annoying other people I don't like (ironic isn't it?), and treating other people unlike myself badly. I am actually breaking my own code by making this post, sorry!

Now, how do I get rid of myself?

Yes you have broken your own code so wouldn't you say that you need to re-evaluate your view of yourself? Maybe you are that that different after all.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"How do I get rid of myself?"

What kind of statement is that? What do you actually mean by that?

Do you want to end your life? I hope not.

Do you want to change your personality? That I can understand and work with.

Please clarify what you are wanting to accomplish.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eight

Yes you have broken your own code so wouldn't you say that you need to re-evaluate your view of yourself? Maybe you are that that different after all.

I broke my code by telling bad things about other people, here. Doesn't that make me a gossiper too?

@Dizziedame. No I'm not comtemplating suicide, but I'm thinking of leaving my job and eventually, my country. It's almost the same thing in every office. I've temporarily worked in Southern USA, and it's not as bad, not even half as bad. So I think, there's still a little good left in places elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Work really hard so you get promoted to become their supervisor and then institute your no gossip policy in the office. I personally would find the chance to do this more motivating than money or a promotional spot. But then again, I am not a good person

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

I've temporarily worked in Southern USA, and it's not as bad, not even half as bad. So I think, there's still a little good left in places elsewhere.

Apparently the answer is within you. Bon voyage!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A six pack a day and watch plenty of sports, that should get you normal in no time.

top topics

join