It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who claimed to have met a historical Jesus ?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
Kap, Gary emailed me and I emailed him back about your original post (and other posts) and what you said about him and his views being crap.
I really think what you said about him is rude because he has spent alot of education and time on the subject of Jesus.
He is a busy man so don't expect him to email me back in a flash.
I will post what he says when he gets it to me.
We'll see what he says about you saying his views are crap.

Kapyong is one MILLION percent correct if he said it is CRAP.

It couldnt have been said better any other way.

One MILLION percent correct.

Get over it! Boo-hoo. Waaaa!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney

Kap, Gary emailed me and I emailed him back about your original post (and other posts) and what you said about him and his views being crap.
I really think what you said about him is rude because he has spent alot of education and time on the subject of Jesus.
He is a busy man so don't expect him to email me back in a flash.
I will post what he says when he gets it to me.
We'll see what he says about you saying his views are crap.

Kapyong is one MILLION percent correct if he said it is CRAP.

It couldnt have been said better any other way.

One MILLION percent correct.

Get over it! Boo-hoo. Waaaa!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Baloney]

Paul said he "met Him" multiple times. The consensus of scholars is that Paul met Jesus. Kap is not a scholar or historian.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Yup, Habermas is crap, speaking casually of course.
For a more scholarly analysis, here is Robert M Price's brief essay demolishing Habermas :
www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com...

That doesn't demolish Habermas. Habermas runs circles around you all.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

The consensus of scholars is that Paul met Jesus.

Clarification: The consensus is that Paul met Jesus in the flesh before the resurrection? Or in an apparition on the way to Damascus?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Clarification: The consensus is that Paul met Jesus in the flesh before the resurrection? Or in an apparition on the way to Damascus?

Thanks.

The consensus is that Paul met Jesus after the resurrection. He met the resurrected Jesus. There is no mention of apparition.
1. Acts 9:4, 9, Acts 9:18 Saul (Paul) met Jesus on the road to to Damascus. It was real because he was blinded and had scales on his eyes.
2. 1Cr 9:1 Paul states "have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord?" It does not say vision.
3. 1Cr 15:8 Paul states he seen Jesus. It doesn't say he has 'vision' of Him.
4. 2Cr 5:16 Paul states he knew Christ after the flesh.

The consensus of scholars is that Paul had met the resurrected Jesus.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Nobody whether it be Paul, Dick, or Harry met this Jesus character. For crying out loud, he is a FICTIONAL character!!!

Why dont you pray and beg him to give yourself and all the other Christians here the ability to produce some CONVINCING or REAL ACTUAL INFO instead of the USUAL nonsense that always comes from that side.

Jesus is a character created from ALL of the MANY other MAN-GODS from the past.

When history can show that ALL of the MIRACULOUS and UNIQUE qualities of Jesus were ALREADY of those that existed BEFORE him, DOESNT THAT MAKE ALARMS GO OFF IN YOUR MIND AT ALL???

I mean come on, put your "common sense cap" on and see the light here.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Nobody whether it be Paul, Dick, or Harry met this Jesus character. For crying out loud, he is a FICTIONAL character!!!

Virtually all scholars (including non-christian ones) accept that Paul wrote 1 Corinthians. In 1 Corinthians 15 v8 Paul claims that Jesus appeared to him.
So there is good evidence that Paul sincerely believed that Jesus appeared to him. In fact this isn't even a controversial claim. Dr Gary Habermas studied 2,200 articles by historians from a diverse range of backgrounds and found that the consensus of historians (95%+) believe that Paul, and many others, sincerely believed Jesus appeared to them.

Jesus is a character created from ALL of the MANY other MAN-GODS from the past.

Show me scholarly proof for that. Do scholars agree on that?

When history can show that ALL of the MIRACULOUS and UNIQUE qualities of Jesus were ALREADY of those that existed BEFORE him, DOESNT THAT MAKE ALARMS GO OFF IN YOUR MIND AT ALL???
I mean come on, put your "common sense cap" on and see the light here.

Show me scholarly proof for that. Do scholars agree on that?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You have already received all of your answers but you are trying in desperation to extract fact from pure FANTASY and baseless nonsense.

I cannot help you, nor can anyone else at this point!! Its at the point similar as trying to convince a teenager that Santa Clause does NOT exist anymore, but the teen argues that because of books and Mrs. Clause saying he is real, plus the fact that since the cookies left out by the tree were eaten, that this PROVES SANTA IS REAL!!

Do you see where we are now in regards to your question???

Its WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY beyond silliness now.

Sorry, ya just got to break free of the brainwashing. Its hard but I did it!! Its more clear now than the Bible and Christianity could EVER BE.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Don't waste your time on this troll. He thinks that teaching your kids about your faith is child abuse, an insult to every person unfortunate enough to have been truly abused. And then claims he doesn't "have time" to explain such nonsense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me know when you've enough time to try and justify your ludicrous, bigoted and insulting statements, Baloney.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You have already received all of your answers but you are trying in desperation to extract fact from pure FANTASY and baseless nonsense.

I cannot help you, nor can anyone else at this point!! Its at the point similar as trying to convince a teenager that Santa Clause does NOT exist anymore, but the teen argues that because of books and Mrs. Clause saying he is real, plus the fact that since the cookies left out by the tree were eaten, that this PROVES SANTA IS REAL!!

Do you see where we are now in regards to your question???

Its WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY beyond silliness now.

Sorry, ya just got to break free of the brainwashing. Its hard but I did it!! Its more clear now than the Bible and Christianity could EVER BE.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Baloney]

First, you'll have to tell over 2000 scholars that they need to break free of the brainwashing.
Second, something cannot come from nothing and that means there has to be a creator. It is only logical.
Third, we are sinners. Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen anything?
Fourth, Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Fifth, by believing in Jesus we have eternal life.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Don't waste your time on this troll. He thinks that teaching your kids about your faith is child abuse, an insult to every person unfortunate enough to have been truly abused. And then claims he doesn't "have time" to explain such nonsense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me know when you've enough time to try and justify your ludicrous, bigoted and insulting statements, Baloney.

Thank you for warning my friend. Maybe, just possibly we can help him to realize that if we rely on ourselves we are in big trouble.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
John made the claim in meeting Jesus and he wrote it down.
1Jn 1:1-3
1. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

1. "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2. (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us

3. That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

wait a minute...
he doesn't say he met Jesus there - did you miss some of the quote?

he had some sort of spiritual experience - he felt the "word of life" which "was manifested"...

that's just him saying he felt the "truth made real" or something like that

he says it was "from the beginning"-
well, a historical physical Jesus is not "from the beginning" - he had a birthday.

this isn't describing a meeting with a historical Jesus at all - he doeesn't even use the word Jesus, or give a place or a time etc.

it's just some guy who had some peak experience

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenfly13

wait a minute...
he doesn't say he met Jesus there - did you miss some of the quote?

he had some sort of spiritual experience - he felt the "word of life" which "was manifested"...

that's just him saying he felt the "truth made real" or something like that

he says it was "from the beginning"-
well, a historical physical Jesus is not "from the beginning" - he had a birthday.

this isn't describing a meeting with a historical Jesus at all - he doeesn't even use the word Jesus, or give a place or a time etc.

it's just some guy who had some peak experience

Another nay sayer. If you read just like it says, "and our hands have handled". What do you think their hands handled?
How about "which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us".
That is Jesus.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thanks.

The consensus is that Paul met Jesus after the resurrection. He met the resurrected Jesus.

Jesus died in the 30s (allegedly)

Paul came along in the 50s - DECADES after Jesus was dead.

Paul did not meet Jesus at all.

You are pretending a claim to have seen a vision (Greek "opthe" is the word Paul uses - meaning an appearance or vision); or a ghost - as a historical meeting.

In fact scholars do not agree with that at all.
You have been mislead.

Claiming to have seen a ghost 20 years AFTER THEY DIED?!
And that's "meeting Jesus" in your eyes?
How silly.
The only people who believe that are faithful Christians believers.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join