It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who claimed to have met a historical Jesus ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

well seems you missed something there nut, the historical Jesus was declared raised from the dead literally eternally and what do you know I hear an audible voice as if sitting beside me on the sofa one night that says-my name, I am Jesus,(before I knew any scriptures) and then read in John5.25 years later among many other's that makes a man go well...did I mention the cherub/angel? that was bright like lightning all over even the eyes and wings I saw when @13ish, these are not the only things but the others may be a little too fearful to post publically, what is it you think I hope to gain? if it is hard for me to deal with do you think I think it's easy for you?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
one night I went to pick up a small green Gideons NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left that said-my name,

Well, thanks, but ...

THIS thread is about ancient writings containing claims to have personally met a historical Jesus.

It's NOT about people now hearing things, OK?

Kap

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gday,

well seems you missed something there nut, the historical Jesus was declared raised from the dead literally eternally

Yes, some people believe that.

and what do you know I hear an audible voice as if sitting beside me on the sofa one night that says-my name, I am Jesus,

Hearing voices is commonplace.
It is NOT a proof of Jesus at all.
It is usually a sign of menal illness.

Kap

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

did a man and some of his writings tell you that? or are you the all knowing "GOD"-LoL

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.-Prov29.25

And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form-John5.37

And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love-Matt3.17

When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind." And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebub!-Mk3.21

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by mav0360

one night I went to pick up a small green Gideons NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish- AWESTRUCK (i was not raised churched or knew any scripts) I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord, and years later came across these-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

Christ has indeed been raised from the dead-1Cor15.20

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.2Cor5.14

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
"Wake up, O sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.13

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.-1Tim1.15

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.-John6.40

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.-John10.28

hahahah! i love it.

look homie, i have been christian. matterafact i've been all religions. have you? the saddest thing is that religions were invented to divide and conquer. and its working extremely well on you. youre a wonderful example. you are seperate from us. youre seperate from all humans arent you? you are my brother/sister, and i am sad for you.

but most importantly, you in particular havent answered this post correctly even once. heres a hint, its about ppl who claimed to have met jeezis. any examples? you fail. yet amazingly here you are telling me youre a schizophrenic. hmmm not too impressed. thats what psyche wards are for. do you know how many ppl talk to god there?

and when you know for a fact that you havent contributed one useful item to this entire thread, you retreat with evangelical rantings. go read something. go learn something. its fun, youll enjoy it.

totally ot and on a side note, do you know how many innocents died by the hands of christians? any idea how far science and medicine were knocked back because of christians? do you even realise that christians and muslims are being played against each other by the same people? you are playing your role. the one written for you. maybe its time to practice writing your own script.

i hope you dont reply. i really dont want anything to do with you. i am happy. i love all humans. blinders are for horses. and while your mouth is open, your ears are not. go read. and dont hit me back unless you shed your isms

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
double post. yay!

btw, we all have that voice in our heads, its called your mind, look into it

haa

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

LoL- you will know too someday that I meant what I said as in an audible mans like sitting beside me on the left of the sofa voice, wonder who you are one with "homie"? in your "been" did you happen to retain that part about what they said and did to Him and His friends who made outstanding claims to being raised from the dead? so loved the world right?

So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.-1Cor15.45

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? -Prov26.12

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So,

what the evidence has shown is :

there is NOT ONE early Christian who claimed to have personally met a historical Jesus (except the 2nd century forgery 2 Peter.)

Kap

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven." Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? -Matt26.63

How do we know how this dialogue went? Who was witness here? Certainly there was NOT EVEN ONE of Jesus's disciples present, so where does the evangelist get this information what went on here?

He most certainly did not go to the jewish priests to ask them about this information.

It is safe to assume that the writer depicts here a scene as to how he feels it SHOULD have happened, not how it really happened.
For apologetic purposes he WANTS Jesus to say something like the above, in order to "confirm" the prophecy from Daniel.

But every serious scholar can affirm that this is indeed nothing more than a story CREATED by the evangelist, and not an original account on what really went on in there.

It is the same as the story of temptation - how does the evangelist know what Jesus talked about with the devil - HE WAS NOT THERE!

And no, he wasn't "inspired" or whatever, as e.g. Luke clearly says that "as many have written about what happened here (with Jesus, etc.), some of whom were eyewitnesses, IT SEEMED GOOD TO ME that I shall also write about this.
So, NO INSPIRATION, NO HOLY SPIRIT. It just seemed good to him to write about that.
And he was not an eyewitness, never met Jesus, and only collected stories from people around about what happened.

So the accounts of e.g. what Jesus said in the Sermon on the mount, was relayed through multiple sources, since the disciples and many others were witnesses when he spoke there, but as I said, WHO WAS A WITNESS when he spole with the priests or with Pilate, or with the Devil?
There were NO disciples present.

So, it would seem, these "parts" are stories created by people which circulated there before the evangelists picked them up and in MANY cases improved upon.
Thus, not only Jesus says "yes, I am the Messiah" (which he is), but he "adds" the titel "Son of God" - which all scholars in the meantime know that in almost ALL cases in the Bible is a title which was ADDED later and can not be found in oldest manuscripts.

So, it is clear that someone, for apologetic purposes, was hard on work to "make" Jesus something which he was not, and which he NEVER CLAIMED to be.

From a prophet, man of God, to a Son of God, and ultimately (300 years later) to a "full God".

Bravo!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
pay attention if there was not a shred of anything whatsoever, written or not, anywhere in the entire universe- I still heard, one time only, the first time I believed Jesus Christ anything, an audible voice like a man sitting beside me on the left say-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish
at the same time though, it was at the instance I had begun to open the cover of a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier, you know the same Ancient Christians writings that claimed to have met him, recorded his sayings and were witnesses to His being and raised from death and is obviously true accounts- don't know how to make it any clearer than that and cannot help if it does not sound politically/scientifically/religiously correct or otherwise to whomever, I know what I've seen and heard and the scriptures confirm

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
"Matthew was a tax-collector, call by Jesus to follow him early in his public ministry, and hence was a eye-witness". So that means he met him and the book of Matthew is a eye-witness account no?. But then again that's just what my old Bile says.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by GunzCoty
"Matthew was a tax-collector, call by Jesus to follow him early in his public ministry, and hence was a eye-witness".

You have this passage in quotes - why?
It's not a quote from the bible.

So that means he met him and the book of Matthew is a eye-witness account no?.

No.
G.Matthew does NOT claim to be by an eye-witness.
There is NO eye-witness claim in the book at all.

And -
G.Matthew was originally anonymous - it's author is unknown, the current title was added long after the book was written. "Matthew" did not actually write it.

And -
The book refers to Matthew in the 3rd person - that is NOT an eye-witness.

Modern NT scholars agree - NOT ONE of the NT books was actually written by anyone who ever met Jesus.

But then again that's just what my old Bile says.

WHAT does your bible say, exactly?
Your quote above is NOT from the bible.

Sure, you have some later 3rd hand claims and beliefs.
But NOT ONE 1st hand claim to have met a historical Jesus (except the forged 2 Peter.)

Kap

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Kapyong]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

LoL- you will know too someday that I meant what I said as in an audible mans like sitting beside me on the left of the sofa voice

A Jinn. You are in danger.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join