It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal explosion on Italian train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Fatal explosion on Italian train

news.bbc.co.uk

"It was a terrifying scene which I'll never be able to forget," a witness was quoted as saying by Italy's Ansa news agency.

Police say the incident may have been caused by damage to the tracks or a problem with the train's braking system.

The train's two engineers, who were only slightly injured, said they felt an impact about 200m (650ft) outside the station, shortly before the rear of the train derailed, officials say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kbc.co.ke
www.nationalpost.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
In cases like this terror does need to be considered. That as a possibility has not been mentioned yet. The train was loaded with liquefied gas. There is a lot of explosive power stored in fuels in that state. That could make it an attractive target to some wanted to cause some terror. I hope enough of the track and of the train will be undamaged enough that a cause will be able to be found.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Latest: 15 dead and 30 missing. More than 1000 evacuated

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Hellmutt
Thanks for the up date.
Again I do hope the cause is found.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Perhaps an accident is sometimes just an accident? Do we have any particular indications to think it might be more than it appears?

(this is a genuine question, btw...)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Last Man
I know an accident can be just that, an accident. I just also know that things can be hidden, or purposely kept from the public for reasons that could go either direction. All I have heard on the disaster yet is what was in the article that was linked on the source. Either a track problem or a breaking problem. This is a conspiracy site which is why I say I just hope the truth is found.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A most horrible accident from the looks of it.
This is a true nightmare to have a train full of gass to derail and explode in a populated area.

A simular scenario is what fire fighters here are most afraid of.
Many of these kind of trains and transports go right trough densely populated aereas all over the world.

Very nasty when it goes wrong, as we can see in this particular case.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Jaamaan
yes it is, and thanks to everyone who has been posting.
You do bring up a good point about going through a populated area. Could it have been just bad luck that this happened in a populated area?

new topics

top topics

join