It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp David Briefings of President Reagan, and how do we define our "Hoax," section?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have a bone of contention. Apparently if someone posts a comment from a source later "known to be a hoax," your post is therefore a "hoax," even though the subject matter may or may not be. For example recent posts on President Reagan and purported briefings at Camp David by William Casey were part of a topic from "Serpo," that I quoted two years ago. I contend it is clear most if not all of "Serpo," is a hoax, however that briefing may or may not be in and of itself a "hoax." Now there is another post on the same subject published by another source that appears to be a cut and past job from "Serpo." If one source is a hoax, is not another source plagiarized from that source also a "hoax?" On the other hand if the briefing itself not the source is not implausible, is it automatically a hoax? My argument that either both posts belong in the hoax section, or none belong in the hoax section.

Thank you ATS for being fair minded and thoughtful at least most of the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I had posted the Reagan Briefing from Serpo some months back. I did not believe that it is a hoax (and still dont think so). But the replies of the people to that post, I felt that they (on ATS) accept it generally as a hoax. My thread was not called a hoax and I posted it in good faith.

My thread is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
I had posted the Reagan Briefing from Serpo some months back. I did not believe that it is a hoax (and still dont think so). But the replies of the people to that post, I felt that they (on ATS) accept it generally as a hoax. My thread was not called a hoax and I posted it in good faith.

My thread is here

Mine is listed in the hoax section.

As I stated above, we either both belong in the same section, or none of us do. Apparently this is part of some discretion on the part of moderators. If they did not find any problem for two years, why now?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

Skip, as we've stated many, many, many, many, many, many, many (ok maybe not THAT many but still) times...

We miss allot, the ALERT button is the best route to bring this stuff to our attention. Yes that thread should be in the [HOAX] forum because of its source, a known HOAX.

Now it is n the [HOAX] forum and all is right in the universe.

Thanks for the heads up but next time please just use the ALERT button found on every post.

Thread Closed.

Springer...

top topics

join