It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States brace for shutdowns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
3. NASA. This is where billions of dollars literally go up in smoke. I will not go in detail because it would take several posts to prove this so I urge you to do some research right quick and see for yourselves. NASA is a joke and a money-hungry whore. PLEASE do some Googling. N A S A . 4 letters. Google.com.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
reply to post by Stormdancer777

States go 'broke' because they have idiot forecasters. The state of California spent more money then what they had, thinking that they would be able to pay everything off during the year. The problem is that you can't keep placing a percentage increase in a budget, if there isn't any money. Apparently, politicians can't seem to grasp this. Budgets are very hard to decrease because politicians want to keep the pork. I can only imagine how much better off California would be, if they didn't spend money on ridiculous programs and projects.

Let me give you an example of forecasters in government sectors. I know for a fact that this type of example isn't limited to my own experiences. I work for one of the biggest state run university systems in the country. A year before the Sept/Oct 2008 crash, I had told them that they need to reduce their budgets substantially in order to survive for the economic slowdown which will begin in Fall 2007 and will only be worse in the following years. Not only did they not listen to me, they laughed it off, saying that I was 'too young and naive.' As you can tell, they increased the budget after my warning. As of today, the university is told by the state to make $80 million in cuts before Fall, and more is to come in 2010.

The problem as to why states/government fail, is because those at the top, believe they are the smartest people in the room, when they have no idea what's going on around them in the real world.

Thank you, Thank you very much.

Makes one wonder how and why the people at the top got there.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I teach Macroeconomics and this area is the focus of my attention. The good news is that all these problems are structurally solvable relatively quickly. Think Germany after their hyperinflation and France after ten years of economic chaos from the French Revolution. Both nations issued their own fiat currency and put their nations’ workforce in action, partly for useful infrastructure and partly, as we know, for aggressive military. The US began with this type of fiat currency, $200 million worth, and it financed the revolution despite the British successful conterfeiture of about $1 billion (to this day their government won’t disclose this info).

The bad news is that it appears nearly all “mainstream” legislators and economists are ignorant of monetary reform. On the Left, Kucinich and the Greens are informed; and on the Right, Ron Paul, Libertarians and Constitutional Party members seem informed, although linking currency to a commodity (gold) as Paul advocates is an unnecessary variable that will dangerously affect the value of the currency. They advocate this position because they feel limiting currency amount to a limited commodity is better than inevitable failure of managing money supply with economic and population growth.

The current status is increased attention to the issue, as you witness on the sites you visit, by leading economic thinkers and some award-winning independent journalists. A brief example of my latest mailing to concerned individuals which includes articles for your education:

It is as ridiculous for a nation to say to its citizens, "You must consume less because we are short of money," as it would be for an airline to say, "Our planes are flying, but we cannot take you because we are short of tickets."

The answer to California's economic "crisis" is the issuance of our own credit. For a national scale, we need to issue our own currency proportional to economic and population growth. Yes, it's just that simple and already being done in North Dakota. Here is Ellen Brown's latest article concerning California: www.huffingtonpost.com... .

For a 7-page brief on monetary reform on a national level and 13 pages of quotes from some of the sharpest minds in US history going back to the US' first monetary reformist, Benjamin Franklin, read the Heart of Economics here: classlink.lcusd.net... . This link also has a 1-page summary.

Thank you all for your work to build a brighter future.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
4. The WAR ON TERROR!!! This is actually an even bigger joke than NASA. This is how war plays out from the U.S. point of view: Lie to the people of America and tell them there are threats against the nation that must be dealt with a swift and mighty hand. Well first thing is the U.S. MILITARY does not know the meaning of swift because if a war were over in 3 days Americans would only pay a couple billion in taxes to fund the war. And the threat the Govt refers to is actually not a threat to America at all but might be a threat to someone else...since the U.S. SUPPLIED this threat with weapons in the first place. Weapons that taxpayers paid for no less. So the U.S. invades but even with all the technology and taxes spent on state of the art machinery somehow the MILITARY cannot seem to destinguish between a bunker full of enemies and a school full of children or a church full of elderly or a neighborhood full of families. The US bombs and bombs and bombs then after the bombs cease, the US sends in ....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
[thanks for the info. Makes sense I guess, that that is what DHS would do, but I've got an ATS mentality so I always tend to think toward the extreme!i]reply to post by Skelkie3

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
... Haliburton to rebuild and correct the mistakes of the infamous US MILITARY. Haliburton does not do this for free guys. Taxes and taxes and more taxes are used to pay these employees of Haliburton and whatever other company that has ties to someone in DC. Why does this happen? Simply to make the rich richer. THATS IT! No other reason at all. Not for freedoms. Not for peoples of other countries that are oppressed. Not to protect US soil. It is this way simply for money. EVERYTHING I POSTED is done for money. If all AMERICANS were female we would be pregnant because the US GOVT is fxxxing us hard. There are more reasons the US is bankrupt , many more , but I no longer want to dwell on the subject. Please make a stand and let your voice be heard. The time is now. There is no later.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hmm...I don't know what's in a more worse condition...my old state (where I grew up) of Indiana...our my recently new state (of 2 years) of Michigan.

They are going to start falling like dominoes.

The states that are in major trouble will soon start to drag on the ones that are still doing well....if they aren't already.

As a few of the posters have already stated...the S WILL HTF soon....we've been saying it for a very long time...and quite frankly...it's surprising that it's still going.

This is what ignorance gets you...if you ignore the problem things can seem fine....but then you are in for a whole world of hurt when everything comes crumbling down....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by synergist Q82

Ron Paul, Libertarians and Constitutional Party members seem informed, although linking currency to a commodity (gold) as Paul advocates is an unnecessary variable that will dangerously affect the value of the currency.

Ron Paul doesn't back a full gold standard. He believes in a mix of things..as even he realizes that we can't just switch from a fiat currency to another with the snap of a finger.

The damage that has been done will take a long, LONG time to fix and recover...unfortunately, we have no choice but to revel in the mistakes of our politicians, bankers, and major corporations that have sucked the wealth of this country dry.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04383f53c9ce.png[/atsimg]

relatively safe places to be based on population density
yellow = least dense, blue = most dense

forget the exact figures but I had posted this in another thread
which I can't find atm

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The economic problem has nothing to due with wasteful spending on inane ideas or agendas? Why do the jails have nice televisions for the inmates? Why do tax payers money get given to those who could but have never work? Why do we spend money keeping people alive who would otherwise die if not for our assistance, People who nature would have kindly let die? Money is wasted on so many feel good projects, laws that are not enforced but put on the books to "address" a problem, and in my own state pay for the legislature to not do their job but instead waste the peoples money on their own inter-party squabbles!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have to agree that the party bickering really defeats everyone. Rather than unite against a common threat there seems to be no end of recriminations and blame, yet the irony is none of you people are to blame regardless of what side you have chosen to align with. This is how they win.

At least in Canada most people know there's only one party, the rest just don't care. Our government doesn't ever do anything, they just try to keep quiet and hope no one notices them selling the country off... of course that's too late as our entire country is listed on the stock market with our Prime Minister as the CEO.

Come on people, see beyond parties, this has nothing to do with that, this is the elite versus the people.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skelkie3
reply to post by 12.21.12

What's with this notion of states losing there ' rights ' ?

Google ' Abraham Lincoln ' then wade through the miles of ' it was all about slavery ' and other crap, and you will find that the US Constitution ( which put states and their laws ABOVE the nat'l government ) was murdered there... along with at least a million people- many of whom just didn't want THIER property traded on wall street- or didn't need or want English/Rothchild loans.

Even the pretense of constitutional america died then- with Lincoln. The single greatest murderer in American history.

Well said, Skelkie3, and something I always try to educate people on. The States did before the Civil War have sovereignty unto themselves, and that sovereignty was taken away after the war. All "citizens" then after became slaves to the FED, and so it remains today.

I have watched the trends, and have watched as the States went bankrupt and unable to pay even their own employees....here is Ohio where I live everything that has to do with the State government is being cut to the bone. Many are talking about a civil uprising, but I cannot see how that would help. Personally, I don't know what would help. I do know that something has to break loose soon.....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And so the country starts to choke to death, one state at a time. And yet, the sheeple are perfectly content to vote incumbents back into office.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand. As long as you do the same-old-same-old, you're going to get the same-old-same-old.

It's time to mix things up!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
You know what the problem REALLY is? We're stupid. We want sky high standards in education and other state services, but we don't want to pay for them. When was the last time anybody got elected advocating a tax increase?

On the other hand, if you talk about cutting taxes, in spite of how impractical and unwise it would be, we get all excited. Because it means MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's what we want. We demand everything but are appalled that we actually have to pay for it. And anyone who says otherwise is committing political suicide. We'll LABEL him, by golly, and then we'll feel superior.

Stupid is stupid. Stupid, by nature, doesn't have the ability to see it's stupid. and so it will continue until the pain level gets really, REALLY high.

The problem is not government and the problem is not taxes. The problems are too BIG and too corrupt government, and misuse of the taxes we already pay. We don't need more taxes we need honest people, and less of them, to spend the taxes wisely.

But no matter how you want it: sliced, diced or wedged, this current system is going to hell in a handbasket and our lives are going to be turned upside down. If this isn't the prophecy the Bible speaks of, and we have lots more years, maybe we can clean up the mess and make a better way for everyone. I saw a Hopi Indian documentary the other day that said we are going thru a cleansing, that we wouldn't do it willingly so nature is doing it for us.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of the country...

But the people of California have gotten used to the way things are now...It's not a pretty sight and the crime rate Is on a steady rise.

You can't even go to the grocery store now day's without having to look over your shoulder...they're are people literally using It as a new haven to rob and run.

The tention Is thick and you can slice It like butter...I feel bad for the folk's who live In more conservative states...when the reality shock sets In.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Any info on the 32 states who had not passed a budget yesterday? How many have passed one today? The new fiscal year starts tomorrow... so if no budget tomorrow... trouble ahead.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderTheirRadar

I don't feel sorry for Californians AT ALL! They been living high on the hog FOR DECADES! There is so much damn wealth in California it's crazy! I mean people live like kings there. Even the middle class are living in million dollar homes thanks to the housing bubble. I'm in OC and I can't wait to get out and go move to Oregon. I'm from the midwest originally, MO to be exact. MO has it's pockets of wealth but it's NOTHING like California.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

There's a reason the OC had its own television series. Not EVERY place in California is as rich as them. However, I will admit that in the places that have rich people, they're pretty spoiled and take everything for granted, but then again, if you were rich your whole life and never had to live one day without a warm meal, wouldn't you be the same?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It seems unhealthy to have an attitude of "Good, I'm glad to see that state fail" as if your state is exempt or if somehow the people on the street are responsible.

Again, people seem to race towards divisions rather than seeing themselves in the same boat. Where is your national unity? The Fourth of July is coming and you're saying "Ya screw those guys"?

I could see the same thing happening here which is why it worries me. It certainly doesn't bode well for the people standing up to those with the guns and the power.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
May I ask what is SHTF?

Can somebody explain please?

Thank you

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join