It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia begins war games near Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Russia has mobilised thousands of troops in the North Caucasus in sweeping war games aimed at warning foes that its military remains alert since fighting a war with Georgia in the area last year.

Georgia swiftly condemned the exercises as "dangerous" and accused Moscow of seeking to stoke tensions in the region. "Holding such large-scale exercises in this region... is dangerous and is playing with fire. This is aimed at further increasing tensions in the region," Georgia's deputy foreign minister, Alexander Nalbandov, told AFP on Monday.

Link to source

Well, best bet is that a war is brewing and soon to come. Upsetting because every time its always the civilians who get hurt!

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Depends on how you look at it.

For the western world, it will get worse.

But as the soviets went bankrupt and we reaped the profits, so are the Russians and Chinese doing now as we go bankrupt.

It's a sad day for us, but they have already had their sad days.

Until we learn to get along, it will just go back and forth, over and over, as power has since we started living in groups

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It is just a wargame
. Israel, US, India, they all do it. I want to ask why everyone gets alarmed when Russia does one. Oh wait, nevermind I just remembered their past history. If there is one thing I have learned, it is to never ever trust a Russian.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by USamf

I hope that's a joke, Russia is cool. Let it go, mccarthy.
Thanks for the great vodka and hockey. Pretty anti-nwo I think. And guns even I can afford.

If they feel the need to put a CIA puppet in his place, then by all means.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
war games are common and are done by nearly all countries with military forces.

Russian people are just like you and me. People who stereotype miss the fact that everyone is born and lives on this planet. Saying someone is less or more trustworthy based on nationality is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I just want to remind that shortly before 2008 conflict (that Georgia initiated) Russian forces also had military exercise in the area.
en.rian.ru...
So i hope that it is not a coincidence (again).

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I guess Russia wants to tell Saakashvili that if he is considering doing something stupid like he did last year, it would be a terrible idea. And now that Russia has recognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia as independent countries, it would be sort of like if Serbia invaded Kosovo. Saakashvili has now been rearmed since he lost the war against the Russians last year. He might want to take back Abkhazia and South Ossetia by force if he can. Russia won't let him. I'm surprised that Saakashvili is still in power in Georgia.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Bring it on Russia. (:
Seriously, they think they can take us?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu
Bring it on Russia. (:
Seriously, they think they can take us?

Hi h1/

Take you where?
Seriously,''us'' and who's army?

So much History people need to understand why this is happening!

ICXC NIKA
helen

EDIT..Spelling!
Edit spelling again

[edit on 6/30/2009 by helen670]

[edit on 6/30/2009 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
the russians are trying to fight the NWO at least.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
It is just a wargame
. Israel, US, India, they all do it. I want to ask why everyone gets alarmed when Russia does one. Oh wait, nevermind I just remembered their past history. If there is one thing I have learned, it is to never ever trust a Russian.

"I've never trusted Klingons, and I never will. I can never forgive them for the death of my boy."

[edit on 30-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Actually it was NATO war games this spring in Georgia first, but MSM often "forgets"...
Saakashvili is just a puppet of some western agency... there was big protests and demonstrations against him this spring, but on the contrary to, for example Iran demonstrations nobody in the West, cares to support the protesters...
Saakashvili came to power in strange way, replacing ancient KGB/aparatschik Shewardnadze after a peacefull "revolution" ( George Soros Hungarian Jew was involved-the same as in Yugoslavia with Milosević toppling...) Georgian leader promotes members of his family and friends to the high posts in adminstration - he is not an example of democratic leader.
Its only a game of power...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It looks lie they might start it up again

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I just want to remind that shortly before 2008 conflict (that Georgia initiated) Russian forces also had military exercise in the area.

The 2008 Russian exercises were held in response to Georgia-US exercises. Same thing here - these exercises are a direct response to recent Georgia-NATO exercises. If the NATO exercises were called off, then maybe this tactic wouldn't have been necessary.

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
So i hope that it is not a coincidence (again).

As long as Saakashvilli doesn't get anymore infantile brainfarts promting an attack on Russian peacekeepers, nothing will happen. Georgian military is incapable of waging war right now (perhaps it never was), and US/NATO have already demonstrated that they are not willing to step in should a conflict break out. So if Saaka knows what's good for him, he'll sit quietly with his tail between his legs untill the end of his term.

From what I understand things on the Georgian border are quiet right now. In 2008 it was clear that there would be an escalation of the conflict or even war months before hand. Sporadic gunfire exchange on the border, spy drones, large scale troop movement, political rallying - were all signs that war is readying in 2008, and none of that is really evident now.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

No offense, but no government is going to reap the windfall of the coming economic collapse. Nearly 7 billion people on a planet meant for 3 billion or less, something was bound to set if off.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
Oh wait, nevermind I just remembered their past history. If there is one thing I have learned, it is to never ever trust a Russian.

Good point comrade. The "Russian" is a cunning and treacherous creature whose collosal threat comes from his natural instinct to kill, rape, pillage, rob, and create revolutions. It is as if the devil himself molded the "Russian" to be in his image, and now the Russians wander among mankind searching for their next prey. Tip: if you see a "Russian", whether on the street on in the wild, do not approach him in any case, and arm yourself with crucifix. If the said Russian is carrying a vodka bottle - RUN.

Tune in next week, when we will be exploring another terrifying creature of the humanoid genome - the "German".

top topics

join