It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

glass just exploaded no i didnt drop it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
okay well i went to my kitchen to grab a glass cup no there was not any water or liquid or different temps in the room at the time.

I grabbed it looked away for one second and i heard a loud bang my glass cup just exploded all over the room. Theres explaination for it does anyone know?
i didnt do anything to intentionally break it or anything

by the way the biggest piece of glass reminaing looked very odd like it was all cut up but wasnt broken the rest was however. very weird

is it a poltergeist also in the past ive seen things fly or can i make things move haha?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by piero

Clicking this right here will allow you to see this is a phenomenon but an explainable one.

But I am pleased to see how ghosts, and such was your first conclusion, let's me know what people first jump to instead of science.

Why is science so hated.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by piero

I once had a glass shower door explode. There was no other broken glass, not the other shower door or the bathroom window or the mirrors....just that one glass door exploded. I noticed that it was vibrating and I could actually hear it too! To this day I still dont know why it happened.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
most likley extreamily high frequencies (such as explained in the post above)

Could of been one higher than we can hear (20 khz) so it would seem it happend out of nothing.

What made the noise, well thats just another mystery, unless miria carey was hiding in your microwave.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A few months ago I was sitting in this very spot (computer) and heard what sounded like a gunshot, and job-instinct I jumped off the chair and nearly # the bed (Tool lyrics
) and realising no one else was in my house I went to investigate. A teacup or glass (I forget which) randomly exploded.
Supposedly sound vibrations of large trucks going by will affect them, like the stereotype opera woman breaking window with her high pitch. Sound can be powerful. Im sure the Tesla addict on this site can elaborate

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The physics of a glass shattering is very much different from a glass exploding. An explosion involves shards of glass being hurled distances, which is to say a lot of energy is expended.

So the question really is was it a shattering, or an explosion?

How far was glass thrown?

How much of the glass was thrown?

For example vibrations may shatter a glass but the will not break a drinking glass into 20 pieces and throw half the pieces ten feet in every direction.

When I have experienced glass exploding in a metaphysical way which is to say being thrown distances in little pieces with no apparent mechanical energy performing the action. There was intense emotional energy involved in the experience.

So one more question, was there intense emotional energy involved in the scenario?

Was someone under some threat? The redirection of energy can be a defense. Like using Judo on an attacker, a small amount of energy can overcome a larger attack by redirecting it to fulfill it's general destructive intent by destroying the glass.

Believe me, if you witnessed a metaphysical event you would know that it was not simply a glass falling over because it is unbalanced, or cracking because it vibrated.

My first experience of this was an extremely heavy ashtray which weighted about five pounds and was several inches thick. It was not being used. It split in half with a report like a gunshot throwing the two halves about a half a foot apart. That event ended a domestic dispute. It happened at the moment of what you might call a psychic scream from a bystander caught in the middle. When these things happen, people seem to intuit who did it.

I have had the experience three times in my life, in different locations many years apart. How often do you think the average person experiences a magic frequency shattering glass silently?

Do you comprehend that even with extemely high powered audio equipment inches away and carefully aligned and tuned, it is very difficult to shatter glass. Usually that trick involves extremely fine crystal, due to it's thinness and rigidity. Ordinary glass is not crystaline, it is actually a liquid.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
At one of my old work places, we used to have some stoneware coffee cups that would explode from time to time. They were the impact resistant type. Anyhow, they got a national recall because obviously they could explode in your face with just the right temperature change. Ouch!

We'd be working and then there would be a sudden large bang. Invariably there would shards of coffee cup everywhere throughout the lab. These things literally exploded!

IRM

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yes a lot of energy goes into boiling a cup of water. If you translate that heat into an explosive event you could definately get hurt.
I've never heard of stoneware exploding before, I wonder what would cause that?

I googled it and came up with a bucket load of different stoneware and pyrex products that explode. It seems like a common occurance when heating stoneware.

I accidentally exploded a hot pyrex baking dish by taking it out of the oven and accidentally putting it down on a few drops of cool water on top of the stove, Ka Boom! There were a hundred little hot pieces flying everywhere. It turned into little beebees like a car window.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
The physics of a glass shattering is very much different from a glass exploding. An explosion involves shards of glass being hurled distances, which is to say a lot of energy is expended.

So the question really is was it a shattering, or an explosion?

How far was glass thrown?

How much of the glass was thrown?

For example vibrations may shatter a glass but the will not break a drinking glass into 20 pieces and throw half the pieces ten feet in every direction.

When I have experienced glass exploding in a metaphysical way which is to say being thrown distances in little pieces with no apparent mechanical energy performing the action. There was intense emotional energy involved in the experience.

So one more question, was there intense emotional energy involved in the scenario?

Was someone under some threat? The redirection of energy can be a defense. Like using Judo on an attacker, a small amount of energy can overcome a larger attack by redirecting it to fulfill it's general destructive intent by destroying the glass.

Believe me, if you witnessed a metaphysical event you would know that it was not simply a glass falling over because it is unbalanced, or cracking because it vibrated.

My first experience of this was an extremely heavy ashtray which weighted about five pounds and was several inches thick. It was not being used. It split in half with a report like a gunshot throwing the two halves about a half a foot apart. That event ended a domestic dispute. It happened at the moment of what you might call a psychic scream from a bystander caught in the middle. When these things happen, people seem to intuit who did it.

I have had the experience three times in my life, in different locations many years apart. How often do you think the average person experiences a magic frequency shattering glass silently?

Do you comprehend that even with extemely high powered audio equipment inches away and carefully aligned and tuned, it is very difficult to shatter glass. Usually that trick involves extremely fine crystal, due to it's thinness and rigidity. Ordinary glass is not crystaline, it is actually a liquid.

wow thank you very much for that reply well it was the day michael jackson died and my family are hardcore fans and im a pretty big fan of his but anyway i was sad at the time but my parents who live with me at the moment left to the pub so i went down and yeah no trucks or main roads are near us , no music playing nothing.

the glass chards were thrown all over the room but the majourity not alot but the majourity was still on the table it took me a long time to get all the shards of glass everywhere.
at the time i was sad about michael so that may have contributed i believe in auras and spiritual energy and stuff like that so maybe my parents energy of sadness and anger were left in the room and i touched the glass? by the way i went to clean it because my mum used it.

but yeah point is quite alot of glass fly around my room. im keeping the biggest piece because what happened was amazing

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
thanks for all the answers guys i do believe its got to do with human energy not a ghost haha

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
It turned into little beebees like a car window.

The brand was Arcoroc. I hope that spelling is correct.

Yes that was the exact description I would have used. It looked like thousands of shattered windscreen fragments.

IRM

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Double Post! Weird Network Activity?

IRM

[edit on 30/6/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by piero

I once had a glass shower door explode. There was no other broken glass, not the other shower door or the bathroom window or the mirrors....just that one glass door exploded. I noticed that it was vibrating and I could actually hear it too! To this day I still dont know why it happened.

Yeah I had the glass doors of my bath/shower just completely fall off the very place it was screwed to, the whole thing the tracks, the whole frame just like it was pulled out , it would have taken a lot of power to do that. It was very scary at the time as my children were in the bathroom getting ready to get into the shower, and they were arguing, but there's no way an 8 yr old girl anda 4 yr old girl could've done that damage to it. I laughed after I found out the girls were unscathed, but the doors, frame everything came down directly on top of them. No scratches from glass no nothing...Very strange!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes the glass was probably flawed, but that doesn't mean that the energy the human body gives off didn't have anything to do with the explosion.

top topics

join