It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks to Deploy National Guard to Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

I believe the Mexican Army has found itself on our side of the border one too many times recently. I understand that they are playing a serious cat and mouse game with the cartels and this is why I think it will only be a good thing to lend them a hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If I was going to take control of a country, I would first shut down the borders. Ever notice that rebels always travel across borders to find safety. Don't ever beleive that this man has your best interest in mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Out of curiosity to any Guardsmen on here, do they allow you to carry live ammo now? I remember that when the Guard was deployed after Hurricane Andrew they were not permitted bullets and gangs started robbing them of weapons when they figured out what was going on. A friend who served there was telling me about that the other day, he remembers watching a gang pull up in a car and point a gun at a guy's head to steal his weapon.

It;s about time they start doing something about the border and keeping the cartels out, what they need to do is prohibit Americans from entering Mexico entirely until they and possibly a Central American coalition can get the situation under control. A friend who ran the FBI's LA field office was telling me how pervasive drug-related kidnappings were a decade ago, now they are targeting random American citizens which makes cases almost impossible to solve. It sounds like the Mexican government/military's hand is getting bit by its own snake, they've had their hand in the drug cartels for many years and now the gangs are killing them and taking over. I still can't believe the tourism industry is going there.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just thought of something....here's a theory. What if this "deployment" is really a military tracking mission, and not a "blockade."

Seriously...think about it. Here's how I came up with the theory.

I heard two stories about the "drug war" yesterday, and it sort of led me to connect the dots between the two of them.

The first news story was about how the US has given up trying to destroy the opium crop in Afghanistan. It seems that it's taking up tons of money and resources, and it's not working, anyway. We're just pissing off the opium farmers by destroying their fields, then the opium farmers then join the Taliban. And now, the Taliban is growing stronger every day, because of the war on opium. (Sound familiar, anyone? Same thing, different country.)

Anyway, almost immediately after the media announces that government is giving up the drug war in Afghanistan, another press release comes along and announce that the government is deploying volunteer, unarmed, national guardsmen on the border to step up the fight on drugs here in the U.S.

Immediately, I'm off on a rant. I can't believe these idiots in Washington are considering deploying 1500 unarmed national guardsmen against the heavily armed Mexican drug cartels. What, does our president have the IQ of a carrot to come up with a plan so assinine as this??? It's a suicide mission! WHY would we do something so stupid as this??

Then, it came to me: the official story is a sham. (Surprise, surprise.) They're not being deployed to STOP the drugs from coming across the border. I think the're being sent on a TRACKING mission, to track how the drugs will be coming across the border, espcially now that the opium fields will be left alone, which means, an increase in heroin production.

So, my thinking is that the government is now expecting an increase in heroin production, which means an increase in heroin shipments to the US.

The best I can figure out, is I think they're trying to set up some sort of military tracking system of some sort. I think they're not so much as trying to stop the influx of drugs, but rather TRACK the influx of drugs.

We've all heard the stories that the CIA makes money off the drug trade. If this is true, then they need to know the new routes the drug trade will be taking. Maybe the guardsmen will be doing reconaissance for the CIA??

I don't know, but something smells very fishy about all this.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

We carried live rounds during Ike and Gustav last year. We even went red when local gangs threatened us after we detained (and the local police arrested) one of their homies for carrying a weapon (a handgun) into a shelter.

[edit on 1/7/09 by MikeboydUS]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join