It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people jealous of the rich, intelligent, and powerful "Elite"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I think it is just a matter of being jealous of people who have developed the skills to be successful, while some people are incapable or unwilling to do what it takes to succeed.

I'm not going to offer my opinion about jealousy, but I think this comment is a bit unfair, I think a lot of successful people are only there because of sheer luck or good family/ friend connections or of course good money starting point.

Some of the most intelligent people in the world can experience bad luck all their life, that they never get that starting point to succeed properly.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

I could not agree more, say the inheritance handed handed down by a successful family member and the money managed by bankers and accountants for such a trust .

They have the namesake and the wealth and more than not the pompous attitude that goes with the stigma of having although not creating.

They do not have the same life values of creating wealth to that of the people who created it in the first place.

And hence the very wealthy namesake people are generally the ones with power.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
NONE OF THE ABOVE.. Its cause they are rich or elite its because they make desciosions for some of us nad those descisions effect us in our lives.. when they are bad decisions thats when i care.. If you want to make money from selling oil fine but dont rape my pockets for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Excellent reply, you nailed it right on the head.

So many people attribute their "success" to hard work and planning however some (not all of it) is luck.

Being in the right place at the right time and knowing the "right" people helps.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The elite are not better than us. We are many, and collectively we are trillions upon trillions greater than they are.

They have their money, and we have the ability to end them; to end their tyranny. Though, that part is much easier said than done.

We'll know when to strike, but for now it's time to lie in and wait for that moment. When we congregate on this site, each individual shares knowledge with one another. Some say knowledge is power - Together we are power.

...And that's the end of my cliched superhero speech. I do mean it from my heart, though.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Created a new thread to rebut this silly nonsense by the OP.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I see four ways to become an elite:

1. Through birthright and inheritance.

Oviously

2. Be intellectually gifted and work your tail off.

Ummmmm, you can be intellectually gifted, as I am, and work your butt of to help others, but NOT DO IT TO GET WEALTHY MONEYWISE, For I feel I have a wealth of understanding, empathy and love that no rich person will ever attain!

3 Luck & perseverance

It takaes more perserverence to serve mankind than any of those people ever used, mainly they just were good at manipulation of people and the system. That does'nt make them any better at life!

4. Cheat by any means possible. Be ruthless to the bone, while at all times keeping a smile.

That I agree with you on!

I've got no problem with the first three, as long as they don't intersect with the fourth option.

[Those in the fourth category are without conscience and make up a minority of the overall population, while possibly being the majority of elite.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by unityemissions]

[edit on 30-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think we need to discerne between "rich" and "elite". You or I or anyone for that matter could potentially become rich. It is all a matter of trying and putting the required effort into it. TPTB have NO quams or problems with people becoming rich. "Elite" are wealthy. Wealthy and rich are 2 very different things. You can be rich and then at the end your riches could be squandered by your children or a serious illness or other factors. Wealth is generational. It is virtually impossible to become "un-wealthy". This is the category the "elite" are in. You DO NOT become wealthy or elite with out the blessings of TPTB. Wealth is not determined by how much money you make in your lifetime but home much money, power and influence your bloodline accrues over a generation or two.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
People generally do not hte those that achieve success through hard work , or even luck apart fom saying the ususal " lucky bastich, jammy sod , jobsworth" etc.

But to put it another way , You work for a company , the boss worked from the floor up to management or created the business from the ground up, he then employs you to do some work.
He asks " can you do that for me?" you then say yes as he pays you for your time and effort, everyones happy.

The you have the 'Elites' , they have not earned their money through hard work or a honest days labour, but through lies and deceit, through the killing and deaths of innocents to feather their own pockets, they TELL you to do a job for no money or very little money. You refuse and so they threaten either you or members of your family.

Now who would you rather work for?

Hypothetically of course but sooner or later thats what the'Elites' really want from you, they want to control what you do, what you think, what you say, how you live.

Its not the fact that people hate successful people , they hate the controlling scum that THINK they are better than you for the simple reason they are greedy , manipulative and coniving , thinking they should own not only all the money in the world but decide on who lives and who dies and when.
Heres a clue for you Elite fanciers, and for the Elites themselves if they have time away from counting their money, YOU AIN'T BETTER THAN US< YOUR POOP STILL STINKS and there are more of us than there are of you, and should the masses ever be in a mind to, I'm afraid you , the so called Elites will be first against the wall when revolution comes.
So what would YOU , the Elites prefer , to be hated dispised and first in line for a bullet , or be nice to the world , give something back and be appreciated?.

Look at the world today, its run by people who lie for their own benefit, to ensure they have a cushy lifestyle and eat ala carte menus whilst those around them go hungry, they wish to horde all they can instead of actually contributing a helping hand to the world to make it a better place for all, not just for a few.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think there is only jealousy when people did not have the same opportunities or have immediate concerns that keep them from pursuing other goals .If you are living from pay check to paycheck,for instance the last thing you are probably going to think of is continuing your education and getting a better job .Some people also see ordinary people that work hard and make a lot of contributions ,but never seem to get ahead.People just don't like it when it is assumed that if there was a level playing field things would be the same.Some of the wealthy probably believe this lie and think they are special.Life can be like a poker game sometimes ,with some people already sitting there with more chips then everyone else and already holding the aces.No matter how good you play you probably will not win in the end.The person that already had the advantages will win.Of course some of the poor never strive that hard t o become part of the elite but that is often because they try to avoid false hope.Sometimes they have other priorities then being part of the elite.

Sometimes the elite do contribute a lot.Sometimes they have people working for them that contribute more than they do.Sometimes they do more harm than good.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Not jealous at all. Could give a crap if someone has more money or material things than myself. However, when those people start to use that money and wealth to force prescription drugs on the populace that are KNOWN to have serious side effects simply so they can get richer, well...

Or when they use that power to have chemicals crammed down our throats and so on and so on. You see, you are assuming that all of the conspiracies that have been proven true about these ultra rich getting richer by poisoning us are just mere coincidences.

It happens all the time. It still happens today.

Are all rich people bad? No. I have rich family members that I love dearly and whom I consider among the most caring individuals I have ever known.

You are picking a fight from the common point of the skeptic. By taking the absolute extreme view of something and applying it to EVERYONE who has an issue with the rich. It's just not true. THere are levels of hatred or distrust and so on.

Do some feel like you are claiming? I'm sure. But not all and not nearly as many and you are trying to imply.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Even if you are not a material person..

Having wealth, power, and intelligence gives you the upper hand in every way.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Firstly lets look at your definition of "elitist" ?

People who've fundamentally worked , regardless or their degree of wealth are not elitist per se. The Elite in which I refer through a system of control amongst their elitists colleagues are above the law and essentially do as they please.

the Definition reads:

Elite - A superior group.

An Elitist is by devine right deemed to be superior to others.

My references to the elite pertain to :

Those whom crookedly subjugated the US Constitution by introduction of the Federal Reserve Banking System. Paul Warburg, JP Morgan, and John D. Rockefeller. Those are elitists whom to this very day benefit from controlling this nations money through a private corporation without any accountability to it's people from which it profits.

The Elitists are those such as Prescott Bush that can commit acts of Treason against the United States by profiting from the sale of war materials to the enemy. While American soldiers, sons of the non elists were dying. When the Elite were caught red handed, they were not held accountable and allowed to walk away, scot free due to their Elite status.
Those are the Elitists in which I refer.

The elitists are those people benefiting the most from this huge scam called the Federal Reserve Banking System, the biggest PONZI scam in history and the money grab called Banking Bailouts. Banks who have been profitting on interest and service charges for decades are now Bailed out by non elitist working class taxpayers without any accountability. Those are the elitist in which I refer.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelMysteries

Again, You can be intellegent and Not be wealthy, Not every one uses their intelligence to amass large sums of money. That is a very predjudicial remark. Some intelligent people are not preoccupied with their pockets, they're the ones preoccupied with humanity! BTW I do not feel inferior to these "Elite" at all, I in fact feel superior to them, because I know I have more compassion and love in my little pinky then they have in their whole body!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well... people are not "envious" they're afraid. Like they're afraid of everything they don't know until its "proved as natural".

I dont believe in the so called "The powers that be" nor a NWO. If there is a NWO actually think its not that bad if it is used right and for the right purpose. Theres many benefits in a "one world anything". We could stop thinking as Americans, or French, or English, or Iranians to start thinking as "Terrans" (or whatever you wanna call us. Humanity as one... thats one hell of a dream huh?

Now... on the other side... it is said that "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" right?

Who knows...? I am not pro or against a NWO, I would just like to see what would happen if its true. If the "old world order" did not and still isnt quite working out, who knows if a "new one" wouldnt make things better...?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

The only ones that make me angry are the trust fund kids that are morons. Some people who are born to money go to great schools and actually get a good education. They then go on and do something productive with their lives. Some others though, go to the same great schools and just barely make it through. Not because they are to stupid to do well, but because they don't believe they need to do anything. They have no sense of direction or purpose, and some can end up in important places as adults. They tend to screw everything up and make life much more difficult for others who have to deal with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

And the flip side of that is true, too. You can be wealthy and incredibly stupid. One of my ex-wives inherited a very large wad of dough, but had no common sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As far as the "powerfully elite" are concerned. I am not jealous of them at all, I simply hate them. Why? They make decisions that effect me and mine, without any real input from me.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

If you think someone with 200million is elite then your sorely mistaken. They are not elite. In fact they aren't even considered rich by any means.

Publicity for example of the Hilton hotel chain makes him appear rich but he's not rich nor elite just a man who made enough money to survive for several life times. To make that much you have to wheel and deal no big surprise.

Elite are the individuals who print the money and/or whom have the ability to manipulate the global economy on such a scale it can cause global devastation.

It use to be tied to a few elite in countries that could manipulate the economy of a continent or country. However the economy as a global whole is owned by only a few individuals.

I have no bills other than utilities, I have money if I need it, I have friends literally all over the globe, I have family also all over the globe. I'm not elite and by most peoples standards I'm considered the average citizen and why? Because they don't know I have money, I don't waste it on fancy cars or big houses, my most snobish thing I do is tell my friends how to pay off their debts and become debt free like myself and give tips on how to make money every once in a while when I see a good deal.

I work a minuscule paying job everyday, I laugh and joke with the people around me and know they have my back when I need it. Don't need the job but lazy is not in my vocabulary. We're not jealous of "rich" people. There is a large group of us that just think the other "rich" people are mentally unstable. I grew out of that "i want" and "gimmie" stage when I was about 5 but they seem to be stuck in it, a mental disability for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by ldyserenity

And the flip side of that is true, too. You can be wealthy and incredibly stupid. One of my ex-wives inherited a very large wad of dough, but had no common sense.

Exactly... I take offense when people think that you're any less intelligent when You don't drive a BEAMER or have a MANSION...Just because I am happy not being "UPPITY" Doesn't make me stupid.
Shoot Look at Paris Hilton...OMG talk about MORONS!!!! Or Lindsay Lohan, Brittany Spears...not even close to intelligent, just their pretty faces got them their money, and half decent voice, in Brittany's favor. The list goes on and on and on...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by MichaelMysteries

Again, You can be intellegent and Not be wealthy, Not every one uses their intelligence to amass large sums of money. That is a very predjudicial remark. Some intelligent people are not preoccupied with their pockets, they're the ones preoccupied with humanity! BTW I do not feel inferior to these "Elite" at all, I in fact feel superior to them, because I know I have more compassion and love in my little pinky then they have in their whole body!

Before you dare go swinging your prejudice club at me, read the question once again...

Why are people jealous of the rich, intelligent, and powerful "Elite"?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join