It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people jealous of the rich, intelligent, and powerful "Elite"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I have a problem with the ones who are born into money.

Yeah, it's not called jealousy, it's called COVETING!
And it's pretty sickening to witness.

Hey, what does it matter what another has? Mind your own business. Would many of you feel better if everyone was reduced to the lowest common denominator?

Yeah, this is one sick world we live in. "Whaaaaa, I'm gonna cry, because they have more candy then me, whaaaaa, make them give me some of their candy, whaaaaa, it's snot fair, whaaaaa." I suppose everyone that is like that learned that when they were little children, and they never grew out of it and matured. I know some people like that ... crybabies they are. Humons should be forced to wear blinders.
Mind your own business. Why should anyone care what another has? "Whaaaa, because we're little coveting crybabies, whaaaa."

Yeah, it's not called jealousy, it's called coveting. "Mommy, Timmy got a bigger piece of pie than me, whaaaa."
"Daddy, why does Tommy get an extra scoop of ice cream? I'm gonna cry, whaaaaa."

So sad.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Read my second post. I am not jealous of anyone. I have much more money than I could spend in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

edit- double post

[edit on 29-6-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I like beer and kaya... i don't like paying so much in taxes when i make minimum wage. i think we should fight our government not rich people...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by danielsil18

Well look at Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. They are two of the richest men in the world and they are giving over 99% of their wealth to help the poor in the world. We can all contribute to the hungry, as it doesnt cost that much. The problem is in the governments of these people and the fact that many of them steal what is given to the people.

Hmmmm.... Bill Gates supports Planned Parenthood... Which has some Naziesque history. Guess that's for the good, eh?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Read my second post. I am not jealous of anyone. I have much more money than I could spend in my lifetime.

I wasn't implying you were.

Honestly though, I'm just getting sick of all these people that look at others and then proclaim "It's not fair, they have more than ME ME ME!" Coveting! You know the type, we've all seen them during our lives, complaining and bawling their heads off every time they think someone else has more than them. "Hey, I'm poor, make the rich give me some of what they got." Coveting! It's rampant in America. The next unholy riot that will break out in this country will probably most likely be started over coveting. Some people won't be satisfied until everyone else has been reduced to their level. Or I suppose they would be satisfied if the magic wishing fairy came along to make them like those they covet, ha. Really, everyone should mind their own business, do their best, and accept what they are capable of accomplishing, and leave it at that. These people that keep coveting what others have must have been those crybaby kids that bawled their heads off if someone other than them got a few extra M&M in their bag than they did. I LAUGH at these crybabies that act like that. "Whaaa, it's not fair, whaaa." You know the type ... we all knew kids like that when we were young and growing up, and now they have turned into adult crybabies that walk among us. Hear their whine, ha!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't understand what is wrong with being a debt-slave consumer monkey. Ignorance is bliss right? Who cares if we bust our asses for crap we don't need but buy anyway for 60 wasted years? And it goes to pay for world government, killing innocents, and debt we didn't create? Sign me up for the chain gang!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Seriously? Some of you people really admire and like money don't you.

Being rich has nothing to do with being a successful person, or being a good person, or being better then another person.

Money doesn't go to the most intelligent person...it goes to a person that is extroverted usually, and good at 'business'. With capitalism, in the end, hard work along with one skill is what determines wealth.

Of course there are people who are born into money or are lucky and win the lottery or something as well.

My brother is rich, and owns an oil and gas company. I'm not jealous. He, like a lot of other rich people, has his number one priority of money. That means family came second. He got a divorce, after having an affair. Working 80 hour weeks and always being out of the country doesn't leave him a lot of time to spend with his kids. And I watched him use his new a-hole skills to screw his ex-wife's chances of getting any of his money (even tho she had been raising his kids while he was screwing around).

So, is he a more successful, intelligent person? No. But he does have a talent of making people want to be his friend. He also wouldn't let anything stand in his way of earning more money.

Often, doing something morally wrong or unethical will score you the money. By the time people become rich, they've often brought corruption along with them. And that is scary.

Simply put, you don't get rich being a nice guy.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

they have a disease.
It called over-inflated EGO. No one likes a smart a@$ nick.
Traditionally, attitude adjustments came with good punch in the mouth.
Yet we don't see this type of 'gentlemenly problem solving anymore'.
Instead these 'Elite Oxygen suckers' would rather cry "Dont touch me :I Will sue".
No remorse for the many hundreds they screw over to get ahead.
The most entertaining thing that I've witnessed is that this Ilk get frustrated when they don't receive the respect that they think they automatically qualify for.

Well all that power, all those academic degrees, all that money- yet no respect. I suppose its daunting to know you just can't achieve somethings, no-matter how much money you have.
I guess you cant have everything in life handed to you on a silver plater!

It must drive them crazy to see individuals whomhave only ever survived on their WITS, be happier than they ever could.
they don't get that it takes love, compassion, consideration, and emotional intelligence to be an upstanding Human being.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Your still blind. it is the intention of their actions, the effect they are causing on innocents for a man made reason, and the direction it will be going in in the near future.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
When I was a poor kid growing up. It was jealousy, a sense of unfairness to it all. I got great grades. I worked for them. Others were jealous of my grades. heh. Meanwhile, I was jealous of those kids from the "elite" neighborhoods who got new cars each year, drove to school, had money for dates with the hottest chicks. I was jealous. Meanwhile, I sought work from the age of 13. I paid for my own clothes, my school lunches, my books and school supplies. I hitchhiked to my jobs, I hitchhiked home from school after sports programs were over, which I paid for myself, not my parent. Or I hitchhiked to work after sports were over. I worked until 11 Pm or midnight each school night, against all child labor laws, but I wasn't going to complain. My boss loved it. lol. I went home and did my homework and got a couple hours of sleep before going back to school. Yeah, I was pissed off a lot. Very angry. But I felt good about myself. And I was proud. Then one year the uppity folks who could afford to buy a car for their kids to drive back and forth to school, decided they would vote against a school tax levy and so the busses were terminated. And I found myself having to get up earlier to walk to school, hitchhiking along the way. So what did I do? I found myself, after work on the weekends, walking into the fancy neighborhoods and vandalizing the cars of the lucky students who were born into the "elite" families. Oh, I smash windows, I peed in gas tanks, I turned on radios and headlights to drain the batteries, I cut the air nozzles on tires. I was a one kid havoc machine. lol. And I thought I was right. I turned on the outside faucets of all the houses in the fancy neighborhoods so their yards were flooded, their water bills were high and the water pressure in their neighborhoods was low. It was all jealousy. It was all about a perception that life was unfair to me.

Eventually, against many odds, I educated myself. I feel bad about what I did as a high school youth. But I won't apologize for it. It is what it is.

And I can understand why people of lesser means "act out", so to speak.

I have no solution to this all. For myself, I became educated, I learned to love, and I realized that I could make of myself what I wanted to make of myself.

But I guarantee, if I find some lowlife slicing the tires on my 11 year old jeep, I will kick his butt. And he will deserve it. Just like I would have deserved a serious butt whooping if I had been caught doing my past antics.

Yeah, it's jealousy and something there about injustice.
But we can't all be super athletes, we can't all be PHD's, we can't all be geniuses and we can't all be born into wealth.

Meanwhile, if everyone had a PHD, there would be PHD's earning minimum wage flipping hamburgers and picking up french fries when a buzzer goes off at McDonalds.

And if we were all mulit-billionaires, the one with a dollar less, would be poor and pissed off.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Good for you, sounds like you grew out of all that childishness and matured and learned about the REAL world and accepted yourself for who and what you are. Unfortunately, many haven't, and now they are adults, still whining like when they were little kids because their cookie doesn't have as many chocolate chips as some others have, ha.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
An interesting point about wealth vs intelligence vs talent vs luck
and the various combinations thereof!

Monetary Wealth is THE measurement of one`s status in our society
as even a superstar athlete of SUPERB skill can be overshadowed by
the caricature that is a person like Michael Jackson, who while talented
in his own right, was a social and emotional disaster which became fodder
for the media that then perversely ENHANCED his stature and fortunes
because others wished to ride the coattails of his fame (infamy) and kept
bailing him out both financially and legally!

Talent, ability and fame are not necessarily synonymous and fortune
is not always the end result of the previous attributes but I can definitely
tell you that luck and timely circumstance is a MAJOR contributor
to achieving fame or fortune but unfortunately luck and circumstance
are quite fleeting and dare I say it.....circumstantial!
Sometimes they happen and many times they don`t!!!

Other people I know gamble away a few dollars or hundreds dollars
a week in thatstatistical travesty called the Lottery which has 80 million
to one odds yet millions keep believing it will be THEY who`ll win
the Big One!

Others are born into wealthy families and through the magic of
combinatory genetics will either continue to enhance the family fortune
or via their lack of business sense and inherent motivations (or lack thereof),
will piss it all away.

Others will slave, work and scheme away starting from basically nothing
to end up with every dream being met and happiness being enjoyed.

Most will slave away, work hard and pretty much end up with NOTHING
but a pot to piss in because they don`t understand how the SYSTEM
works and lack the basic IQ and EQ to get out of their daily rut.

And finally many don`t care and like where they are and being comfortably
numb, really don`t give a hoot as to what else is around them other than
what`s on the Toob and what brand of beer to shove down their throats.

I personally am only envious of the Elite because they have a tool
(i.e. Money!) which I could use for my own glorious and nefarious ends
since I have a Megalomaniacal bent which makes me want to rule
over you all !!!!!!!!!!!!

To me money is simply a means to an end to allow me to obtain
the pure PHYSICAL POWER and FORCE OF ARMS to allow me to
make YOU do what I want, when I want, where I want without
regard to ANY consequences. In short, I`d like to be a combination
of Napolean, Ghengis Khan, Jesus, and Mother Teresa all at once
which is by itself pretty much a Schizoid fantasy that probably
requires some psyschotherapy!

But since I do not have that fantastic tool called MONEY,
I will have to make do with playing out those fantasies in
my eccentric mind! And right now, I find it difficult to discern
whether or not that I care if my fantasy is in
actuality NOT a reality!

So I suggest to others that since there is a 50% Chance
that we are living in a simulation anyways, who cares if
your fantasy is not YOUR reality...live it out in your head
since the odds are even that it doesn't matter anyways!
In my opinion, the fantasy of the mind is better than
your present reality in almost every respect anyways!

IMHO - Any Comments on that.......

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

why are so many native Americans dead?
why did Rockefeller build the united nations building on a former Indian torture ground ?
Why is John F Kennedy dead? and his brother ?
Why is there a little owl in the right upper corner of the 1 dollar bill?
Why is there a big owl on one of the congress buildings in DC
WHy is the whole city of DC built so the points of the pentagon all point to a monument or important building ?
Why did the towers go down on exactly 9/11 ?
Why did white man take black man from africa and made them slaves?
Why is Marijuana illegal in the US? yet in europe particulary in Holland is perfectly normal?
Why did JP Morgan bankrupt tesla after tesla proposed costfree energy for everyone ?

why why why... start researching and stop provoking ,we're sick of it

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Some are jealous sure.
But others just see the whole thing as being wrong.
They wouldn't want to be like that, they disagree that is how things should be.
Because it takes from the many and gives to the few.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I see four ways to become an elite:

1. Through birthright and inheritance.

2. Be intellectually gifted and work your tail off.

3 Luck & perseverance

4. Cheat by any means possible. Be ruthless to the bone, while at all times keeping a smile.

I've got no problem with the first three, as long as they don't intersect with the fourth option.

Those in the fourth category are without conscience and make up a minority of the overall population, while possibly being the majority of elite.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's not about 'stuff' or jealousy. It's about justice.

Anyone who has any understanding of history and current events can see that the rich and powerful consistently conspire against the 'lower' classes in order to maintain their positions of privilege.

Economic class warfare is being waged ON US BY THEM.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have one sentence to say about the money that the rich give to charity....

"Donations of $2 or more are tax deductable"......

And if anyone thinks that's a bit cynical....ask yourself why the majority of the rich are married compared to the general population when they have so much more to lose in divorce??

The answer in one sentence....

"Singles persons tax is a lot higher than married person with kids tax..."

How do I know this....I have a friend who is an Accountant and the 2 things he advises rich young clients to do is donate money to charity and get married.
You get your money back in a round about way. It's almost a way of legally laundering your own money.

I don't envy rich, or the powerful elite because I would not like to walk ONE SINGLE DAY IN THEIR SHOES.
We know what they are capable of doing to cling onto to power and they do to.
It would be hard looking at yourself in the mirror in the everyday is all I can say.

And I think it's insulting lumping Intelligent in with rich and elite.
As you don't need it to be either rich or elite. You just need good advisors.
In other words, rent a brain.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have no problem with the rich, but i do have a problem with the rich who make up the Illuminati, if your rich and you don't harm anyone then it's all good but sometimes that's not the case.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
So tell me why is there so much hate of people who succeed, and why do you consider them a threat to you. Why do you call them the elite, when they are no different from you other than the fact that they have greater accomplishments?

I do not hate anyone as to hate is to wish death and I do not wish that on even the darkest of the elite. I will not sully my self with the blackness of such a feeling. However, I do hold them in contempt and total revulsion.

I have few problems with those who want to spend their lives chasing money but I am appalled to my core with the knowledge that for them to be successful and to play the mighty overlord I have to play the same game and dance to their tune. To do otherwise is to or risk having my car seized, my home repossessed and my name blacklisted. Taxed dry like a battery hen in a barn, working most of the hours of a day for slivers of paper just to be a member of society I must play their grubby world game.

I am disgusted and hold them in total contempt because they do not tell the truth and prefer to play the real games behind closed doors and with agendas that I am certain do not bold well for me and my own. I feel that the result will climax with I being killed or having to kill, or watching those I love be killed. I just want to love those I love safe in the knowledge I am not being played like a dumb bell by from those who put a love of money before a love of respect for fellow sentient.

I just want to live without the all-knowing and paranoid monkey on my back demanding a tax for this and a tax for that. I follow their rules and keep my head under the parapet but they continue to move the goalposts. I may be in an invisible cage but they are the real animals, as they just cannot stop poking me with a stick.

The elite wage wars and set agendas in secret meetings and before I know it taxes rise, food prices rise and blood flows and fluoride pastes and chemical drinks keep everyone watching X factor, pop idol or feeling like they are in the know because they watch BBC and CNN. Media stories become more and more predictable and frivolous so that the gains or losses of these so called elite people can be furthered at my expense as people in their millions wail over the death of a king of pop or a peoples princess – which allows certain events in the same timeframe to be buried I am certain.

The elite are pathetic, the real scum of the earth, and though I do not wish them death, I do wish them an eternity on a planet without a star. Maybe a few weeks of stress positions and forced to listen to British pop music and forced to watch Eastenders.

You see I would have no problems with the elite if they just chose to enjoy their monopoly money but they do not. They make the mistake that their money and power somehow gives them the right to play god with my life because they are better than I am because their bank balance is bigger than mine is.

That is why I despise them and see them as the true underclass as money is just something that keeps me enslaved not something that makes me better than my neighbour.

PS to the elites… I am not a mushroom

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join