It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people jealous of the rich, intelligent, and powerful "Elite"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'd agree with you grapes, other than the fact that im convinced that bush was not elected in a legit situation. Beside the fact that the people who we can theoretically elect have already been "ok'd" by TPTB and numerous other stake-holders.

Thom Hartman will tell you all about the inherent corruption of Reagonomics, actually that guy opened my eyes to alot of things i never really thought of.

I think the point im trying to make is that we are not jealous of the elite, really if anything we are attempting to spread the awareness of corpocracy so that we can stop the monetary system's ability to corrupt our society that we have worked for centuries to construct.

Thats a very fair goal now isn't it? Money is great, but don't let it get to your head?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansiroth

I think Bush was probably elected fairly. I mean we cannot really blame him for hanging chads or people that cannot read a ballot can we?

I agree that we must be vigilant to protect our freedom and economy, but I dont agree with people that want to throw out capitalism just because things are getting a little tough.

Certainly, we should rid our selfs of corrupt politicians and corrupt business peoples.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

yes bill and warren are giving "some" money, but it is not 99%. And they could spend their money in better ways.

As for the OP, the rich and successful have nothing wrong with them unless they are finding ways to keep their money by not paying taxes, throwing money away on frivolous things, while hungry people have no roofs. There is a problem when One rich person has 5 homes scattered throughout the world, meanwhile a whole village can barely eat. Yeah sure, we are wrong to hate rich ignorant successful people that feed off the poorer classes. Yup, its our own fault for all the evil in the world.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

No they are giving away over 99% of their wealth.

There is nothing wrong with finding legal ways to avoid paying taxes. Who in their right mind would pay more tax if they could find a way not to? After all, the leader of a company has a responsibility to its workers and shareholders to produce as much profit as possible.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
yeah well some elite give their money and others want no part of this planet and play a huge part in raping and pillaging this earth. There is nothing that you can say, there is no evidence that you can provide that will state otherwise. Profit and greed is a major problem in this world, and most who have it, DO NOT WANT TO SHARE.

This planet and its inhabitants need to work together more. What is happening in this world, the way it is being run, is a joke, and quite frankly a travisty. I shake my head in shame of my fellow humans. Some try, most do not.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Well you could make a case that large populations living in a more tribal way actually do more to harm the earth than any group of business people have ever done.

Just think of the damage done by people getting heat from an open fire or polluting lakes, streams, and rivers with their excrement.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

What is wrong with this planet? We have too many people. It used to be that we knew our neighbors and cared what happened to them. If someone was sick, we brought soup. If someone was injured, we harvested their crops. We are such a huge and transient society now that nobody knows who lives next to them nor do they care if they live or die (unless, of course, the stench of rotting flesh infiltrates their condo). And you can't really blame some hard-working slob for wanting to keep what's his rather than give it away to stupid, lazy strangers with their hands out, which is how most think of poor people.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Very nice topic. Im not going to lie, I use to be extremely jealous of anyone who had more than I did. I was one of those people for awhile.

But then I realized the only person holding me back from anything, was myself.

It takes alot of hard work to become successful and there isnt many people who want to do that hard work. Thus they just sit around and talk crap about anyone who has nice cars and a nice house.

You have to work for what you want, and nothing is going to be given to you or fall out of the sky one day.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

I agree that we must be vigilant to protect our freedom and economy, but I dont agree with people that want to throw out capitalism just because things are getting a little tough.

I think this is totally backwards from my point of view.

I want real Capitalism. I feel like it has been taken away many many years ago. Monopolism is not capitalism. In a real capitalist system, there is something called competition.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow Grapes it seems to me all you do is post how great leaders are or how we should just sit back and be complacent with rich people deliberately making our food less nutritious or starting wars for profit...
Why do you defend them? They only got RICH by starting #ty monetary systems that keep us in debt slavery. They randomly started printing money and got peoples ITEMS and GOLD in exchange for PAPER they printed!! They didnt get rich by work habit and such. They got rich by the biggest scams in history. Thats why Jesus preached against the moneychangers.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Wow Grapes it seems to me all you do is post how great leaders are or how we should just sit back and be complacent with rich people deliberately making our food less nutritious or starting wars for profit...
Why do you defend them? They only got RICH by starting #ty monetary systems that keep us in debt slavery. They randomly started printing money and got peoples ITEMS and GOLD in exchange for PAPER they printed!! They didnt get rich by work habit and such. They got rich by the biggest scams in history. Thats why Jesus preached against the moneychangers.

When did they make this system?

After Bill Gates become the richest man in America
After Warren Buffet became the second riches man?

Something tells me they made the system as soon as you were born, lol.

Considering that the average successful small business rakes in nearly $250,000 a year...

... and that doesn't include small general practices or lawyers. They make millions a year.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by trace_the_truth]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I don't hate them, but I think you are inferring that there aren't intellegent people who are middle class/ poor, and you'd be very wrong in that assumption, some of us only make what we need to make to survive or maybe less, but see we aren't so preoccupied with money, Also I happen to know a couple of very wealthy people who are far less intelligent than me. Not that I'm tooting my own horn here, but I take offense to your post here. I could've been an engineer in the military, you have to be very intellegent for that, I just didn't have the basic greed the "elite" may have. I wish to possess substance instead of material. But I don't hate them because of the way of life they chose. I don't begrudge them, I commend them, they nkow what they want and they go after it. That's a good thing, I knew I wanted spiritual development instead of "Things" so I go for that. Why hate anyone for simply their choices? That's retarded.

I think it's very presumtuous, BTW to think they have made any greater accomplishment than someone else who is succesful in other areas that don't involve money. There are a great many accomplishments like service to the country in the military, for one, that doesn't always make you very wealthy, but it should make a person very proud.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

um... the Gates are the ones funding eugenics in africa...
all your posts and threads are defending the NWO are you a paid agent?

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I think Bush was probably elected fairly. I mean we cannot really blame him for hanging chads or people that cannot read a ballot can we?

Certainly, we should rid our selfs of corrupt politicians and corrupt business peoples.

bush won fairly??
his brother was the governor of florida, and the sec. of state who ran the election was a bush appointee. they had electronic voting machines made by a company whose owner said he guarenteed a bush victory and who was one of the largest contributors to his election. in 2004 in ohio they had a precinct almost 100 percent for bush, where the registration was fairly evenly split between democrats and republicans. many top republicans went to prison, but only after the election was declared valid. i won't vote for another republican, even if it's for dog catcher. both republican elections were so filled with election fraud, that there have been entire books with court documents of the criminal trials of republican officials.
the republicans in washington now think anybody making under 50k a year is their "BUD" (broke, ugly, dumb) and just a piece of manure on the bottom of their shoe.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin

um... the Gates are the ones funding eugenics in africa...
all your posts and threads are defending the NWO are you a paid agent?

yup..you might want to go and talk to a few thousand people in silicon valley whose inventions and patents got stomped out by microsoft. yeah, lil' billy gates is a real sweetheart. f' him

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
the three phrases republicans will fight to the death to avoid:

unions
overtime
minimum wage

yeah right...they really love the common people of america, it's so patriotic.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Is that really corruption or is that brilliance? Isnt the aim to buy low and sell high? What is wrong with making use of contacts you have made, that is what any good business person does.

The Rifles were defective moron.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well you could make a case that large populations living in a more tribal way actually do more to harm the earth than any group of business people have ever done.

Just think of the damage done by people getting heat from an open fire or polluting lakes, streams, and rivers with their excrement.

You really are a moron you know that? The world is polluted more than it ever has been. Even if you had a million indians living in a dense area they are still way less damaging to the Earth than some of the smallest corporate polluters. Le Colonel is completely right.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Put simply Money doesn't always equal intelligence, nor does the lack of it imply any stupidity, I think that is a very obstinate and generalized debasing thing to say.
And, those who desire to be of service to helping others, no matter what field it may be, even waitresses, nurses, paramedics, and cashiers, etc... who do enjoy their jobs and like to serve the public, should never be made to feel inferior to someone who makes a comment that their service is of less an acheivement because they don't make six figure salaries. That's predjudicial and ignorant.

My grandfather was a war world two vet who served in the first division of the Navy Seals and recieved a purple heart,God rest his soul, he lived through the depression and kept his family fed and with a roof over their heads. He is one of the smartest people I ever knew and he never had any wish to make millions, he was happy with his life. And his accomplishments were amazing.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join